The 2013 CEV Champions League

• Azerrail Baku - Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio 3-0 (25-23, 25-18, 25-21). Golden Set 11-15.

Azerrail Baku: Anzanello 13, Flier 14, Wilson ne, Sorokaite 6, Carocci ne, Redecka 8, Lehtonen 3, Hodge 15, Korotenko (L), Welsink 17, Karimova, Grbac ne. All. Chiappini, 2° Negro. Battute errate 13, vincenti 9. Muri 16.

Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio: Faucette, Lloyd ne, Brinker 12, Leonardi (L), Marcon 9, Bauer 13, Kozuch 18, Lombardo 5, Arrighetti 13, Caracuta 1, Pisani, Bisconti ne. All. Parisi, vice Dagioni. Battute errate: 11, vincenti: 3. Muri: 12.

Im surprised that kozuch has 18 points,i thought that she had less than it but its good that although she played terrible she could score enough :D .Btw brinker was the mvp of golden set for me.

• Anza 13? Not bad for a first tempo/one middle blocker :white:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• And giovanni guidetti congrats busto arsizo :thumbup: 'Complimenti Busto Yamamay!professionalità e progetti seri pagano sempre!!L'Italia dev'essere fiera di questa squadra!la Lega non la merita! '

As he said italy should proud of yamamay busto,they show team game beats the useless budget ^^

• Im surprised that kozuch has 18 points,i thought that she had less than it but its good that although she played terrible she could score enough :D .Btw brinker was the mvp of golden set for me.

I don't know how they got this score...in the official stats she had 14 points after regular match (7 of them in 3rd set :D ) and now there are stats only for Golden set and there she has 0.

• To post 2.023
    Yamamay won only because of lucky nothing else so half budget full budget hasn't sense here.

Azerrail lost 2-3 and won 3-0 so We have 5-3 to Azerrail. In new system which will be in new season after 2 matches Azerrail would have 4 points Busto 2.

Lucky Teams as Moscow, Izmir and Busto would end Their journey earlier.

• I understand now why volleyball Clubs have problems to find Sponsors.
    If I were Sponsor and I knew that exist such bull* rulle as Golden Set I would never give money because who is better in crucial moment decide lucky Golden Set so that are lost money. To play Golden or to coin toss without difference.

• It's the same pointless discussion every year. I agree that Golden Set is not a good solution, but it's better than set ratio or even ball points ratio because if with set ratio rule first match ends 3:0, even if all sets are 25:23, the losing team has almost no chance to pass to the next round and if they lose first set of second match, the whole rest of the match is in vain. The best solution would be to make a third match if both teams win one match.

In the end, Golden Set is nothing else but a "normal" tie-break. It's the same as in matches where one team can lose two sets 23:25 and win two sets 25:10, in tie-break everything starts from zero and I don't agree that, as Bartek calls it, "luck" decides who wins Golden Set, it's about who can show their maximum performance in the decisive 15 minutes.

• When there is no league round system u cant call any team lucky or not.Its funny that u just remember it when its for yamamay.There was no one here critizing the system when rabita faced with cannes although eczacıbası with cortese :aww: .Already when its announced that yamamay would face with azerrail almost everyone has said that 'busto had no chance,azerrail would eliminate them,they already came here just with luck'.But when yamamay won u started to call azerrail as a weak team :wavy:

Busto arsizio indeed deserved this step even until last point,if rabita and vakıfbank handle it too the 'deserved' teams will be in final round ^^

• hodge great attacker: good yes but great no if there were categories like super expensive, average expensive, normal expensive, cheap, pretty cheap and super cheap ill put her in the average expensive one :lol: 8o

• When there is no league round system u cant call any team lucky or not.Its funny that u just remember it when its for yamamay.There was no one here critizing the system when rabita faced with cannes although eczacıbası with cortese :aww: .Already when its announced that yamamay would face with azerrail almost everyone has said that 'busto had no chance,azerrail would eliminate them,they already came here just with luck'.But when yamamay won u started to call azerrail as a weak team :wavy:

Busto arsizio indeed deserved this step even until last point,if rabita and vakıfbank handle it too the 'deserved' teams will be in final round ^^

rabita ?( they didn't need the golden set against cannes both matches was won by them 3-1 and 3-0 oh about yama vs. aze well yeah 1sst leg 13-10 in favor of yama while in the 2nd leg it was 4-15 in favor of aze but wait since golden sets are not counted in the prediction thread maybe majority of them are in favor of yama they just didn't write it 8)

• In my opinion, we should see a golden set only if the set score is the same. It is very unfair! :down:

We have match with teams that lost 3 sets to play only in the golden set and something like this...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• :obey: grande Yama !! :flower:

as I said before. they went beyond my expectations once more ! As many times before, they played a golden set at their best, and won ! Guts, mental strenght, fighting spirit, self confidence ... and a great trainer. I agree 100% to what Guidetti said in his pro-Yama tweet ..

Thanks to the 'farfalle' (the butterflies) an Italian team will be in the F4, as it has always been since the beginning of the formula.
    I don't believe they will reach the final (Lloyd would still be out, and Kozuch is not near as effective as Havlickova used to be..) ....but you never know...
    * I noticed also that we are going to have a F4 with 4 Italian trainers fighting for the title: Abbondanza -Barbolini- Guidetti -Parisi (you may guess what my pronostics are...)
    * Should Rabita beat Kazan, we will see in the semi-final a match between Parisi and Abbondanza, exactly as it was 9 months ago during the hard-fought italian league final between Yama and Villa Cortese.
    :wavy:

PS: Don't dare to ctiticize H.R.H. Manon Flier !!
    (HRH = Her Royal Highness)

• Yesterday after watching the game, I dont know what to say . Really sorry for Azerrail , it is 2nd time they miss F4 because of golden set.
    Azerrail also has some mistakes, they should win that 4th set in Italy, also I dont understand why Chiappini began with Lehtonen in Golden set.

Anyway, I liked Hodge, yes her reception is not good, but she tried her best yesterday in attack and defense, on the other hand Flier was disaster :aww:

Well, I dont think golden set is totally fair. Look, Azerrail played better in Italy, Uralochka played better in Turkey, but both of them couldnt qualify because of golden set.

Maybe instead of golden set, there can be 3rd match.

• using loca inside's sentiments the golden set will really be unfair if after the 2 matches the other team lost the chance to get to the next round even after winning more sets but if the sets are tied the golden set will not be unfair since it will serve as a tie breaker :thumbsup:

• I prefer the golden set rather than playing the third match. It has more excitement and fun to watch. However, I do believe playing a golden set have elements of luck associated with it. But, as the saying goes "luck prefers the prepared ones". Congratulations to Yama! :)

• I also think is unfair, but is also unfair the rule that in Italian league the teams have to do the playoff to assign the title of Italian's Champions, when during the regular season the first ranking team (Yamamay) finish +14 p. vs 2nd, +18 vs. 3rd, +26 vs. 4th... :teach:

i dont ike having another playoff match its too tiring :dance4: