2012 Olympic Games

• 1st SF Japan vs Brazil :P :P :P

• China and Russia ... now gone ;( What a bad day for my teams.

Every time the camera zoom into the face, some of the players from both team looked like they were about to cry at any moments even before the match end.

• ... And the Azzurre are still here ;)

• Congratulations Brazil :tzz: :tzz:

• I guess Japan is very happy right now as they will play against Brazil not Russia.
    The thing is the high level of defense of Japan can really kill Brazil.

• Hey!! Come on you are making me feel bad!!! this is volleyball!

• although brazil won, i feel really bad for russia. i don't really like gamova's attitude, but she doesn't deserve to be booted off the quarterfinals like this. i always imagine both brazil and russia at LEAST on the semis. sokolova entered welll, both her and gamova and goncharova have 20+ kills. they played great, really great. ;(

• Why Gamova? Why?!!
    Never saw her playing so bad like today, she just gone.

Congratulations Brazil! You did it great and in the first match point you made it.
    Brazil took her revenge of WCH2010, Now Japan will take her revenge of WCH2010 semi-finals.

Go Go Nippon!

• Dani Lins... it's beyond words. Never seen her playing with such confidence, with such poise. Not in these last 4 years, in NT, not ever, I guess, ever since I started following her career.

And I just want to say that I can't take 2 more matches like those last 2 today. Probably it's not gonna happen, but hell, I don't know anymore. I guess now truly ANYTHING can happen.

• Russia's reception and blocks were bad. I think their serves were very easy to receive which allowed Dani Lins to make combination plays. I think she was the game-changer for Brazil. Before, she was underestimated but after this match, I think her confidence will fly to soaring heights. Brazil also digs most of the powerful attacks of Russia and were superior in blocking. On the other hand, Russia's game was too predictable. Middles were completely absent from attack and it was all balls to the outside hitters. Gamova was not able to repeat her wch 2010 performance. On the other hand, Lyuba did great. She made lots of critical points Really sad for her, Gamova, and Estes who all worked hard to earn that very elusive gold at their most probably last attempt. I was thinking if it's Russia who could manage to stop usa but sadly, we won't be able to see them try. ;(

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just a heartbroken Russia fan. Now, onto the next match and congratulations again to Brazil :)