2012 Olympic Games

• Wiki is not that reliable though but she seemed to be impressing between1997-2003.
    Was she best spiker at ECH in 2003 in Ankara/Turkey??

If you think that all this info is a lie I guess it could be checked out if you have some spear time - I don't see a point in doing that, I remember that all true. About 2003 Ech Turkey - Russian team was claiming that they had food poisoninig in Turkey and couldn't play good because of bad health. Straight up I'm saying that I don't blame anyone for anything and don't want to discuss it because it doesn't matter.

• If you think that all this info is a lie I guess it could be checked out if you have some spear time - I don't see a point in doing that, I remember that all true. About 2003 Ech Turkey - Russian team was claiming that they had food poisoninig in Turkey and couldn't play good because of bad health. Straight up I'm saying that I don't blame anyone for anything and don't want to discuss it because it doesn't matter.

:D

• 2011 and 2012 were disastrous year for Italian NT (except the World Cup in november) :white:

Not winning a medal at WGP (after doing it from 2004 till 2010 - except 2009 when Italy wasn't present) and this year not even acceding at the Final Six (when was this happening last time? In the 90s?) and not winning a medal at Euros were serious indicators of the bad form Italian team have, which Barbolini didn't take too seriously.

I guess Italy has many old players like Gioli, Lo bianco, piccinini, del core, constagrande, etc.
    Their form may not be as good as the past.
    Especially Piccinini. She drop very much in recently years.

• http://www.fivb.org/en/olympic…12/FeatureVB.asp?No=36445

“I think these Olympic Games were the best I’ve seen. Perfect organization, definitely the best I have ever played. During the tournament things were running easily because our opponents were not that strong. But then we faced Brazil and that was a tough match. We did everything we could. Maybe with less mistakes, maybe we could have played cleaner… But we lost.”

Now that she’s folding her national team jersey, she thinks thankfully to all the persons who helped her. “The people who coached me: they were not only volleyball teachers, I learned a lot from them, as they taught me much more than my sport skills. Volleyball gave me victories and all the fantastic feelings you get when you win. When you’re on the podium and you hear the anthem of your country: that has always been incredible. And you can’t get it in any other way, apart from sport.”

• not this year, Japan - Korea - bronze medal match :P

I think Japan will win 3:1 or 3:0 over Brazil

• Brazilians have refused to shake hands with Russians after 2010 Wch final. And now all these interviews - of course they are not classy - they are trashy! Just like their men's team! I like Brazil and Brazilian people in general but for some strange reason Brazilian volleyball is all about disrespect and arrogance.

Same thing can be said to some posters here. Some are classy and some are just plain trash... a waste of bandwidth actually.

• me i really don't care if some are trash or some are very intellectual this is an international forum we cheer for our favorite teams while we do not give so much credit to the opponent team, if you do not like what other people are posting then go over it and find posts which you like or are favorable to you. :gone:

• i dont know what Korea will do against Usa team at the SF but i liked their game based on variations in attacking.They are different from China and even Japan.....China plays more like an European team..Japan's game based mainly on Saori and Ebata but Korea makes a difference with its style standing out.

I totally agree! In fact Korea (and Thailand) play the true Asian style. China has to return to the style it had in 2004 IMO. Playing more European way was proved to not be working (WCH10 and this Olympics).
    China has to return to the wonders of RuiRui-Yanan Liu-Suhong basing their game with MBs and OPP combo attacks. Quick game with OHs. Emergency balls to wang Yimei. Reception should be stable and defence should be much better.
    China should use a lot her MB and false OPP

• Can anybody explain me what asian style are talking about? 'cause I only see Kim Yeon Koung and Han Song Yi make points...
    The OPP exist?
    The MBs? They only attack when Kim and Han are on the ground trying to get up.

• Can anybody explain me what asian style are talking about? 'cause I only see Kim Yeon Koung and Han Song Yi make points...
    The OPP exist?
    The MBs? They only attack when Kim and Han are on the ground trying to get up.

yes they make points but not like a classical Oh.Kim attacks between zone 4 and 3..and others too. Number 18 spikes sliding on zone 2, like Luba did.İ like their Middle attack<.You cant predict who will attack now...a few players moving in front of the net all together and one amonsgt them spikes.its unpredictable.the hight of sets are diffrent etc...

• I still wanted to throw my tactical take on yesterday's match of Brazil-Russia, cause I haven't been able to, yet. Maybe I can, a bit later. But for now on, you guys, can you please stop with the nation thing? Yes, there are brazilians that are a pain in the ass. Yes, there are non-brazilians that are a pain the ass. No, this doesn't mean all brazilians are a pain in the ass. No, this doesn't mean all non-brazilians are a pain in the ass. Happy ending.

Take a chill pill and enjoy the last moments of OG, cause after the weekend, there won't be another until 2016. But for the time being, just take it easy with the nationality thing, it's getting so annoying at this point.

• yes they make points but not like a classical Oh.Kim attacks between zone 4 and 3..and others too. Number 18 spikes sliding on zone 2, like Luba did.İ like their Middle attack<.You cant predict who will attack now...a few players moving in front of the net all together and one amonsgt them spikes.its unpredictable.the hight of sets are diffrent etc...

This is to me asian style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8KcusYunr4

Look at Japan, everyone's attacking. 3:00 minute is the best example.

• This is to me asian style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8KcusYunr4

Look at Japan, everyone's attacking. 3:00 minute is the best example.

Thanks for the video! :obey:

It's been a while since I saw the combo played at minute 3.00. Just beautiful! Last time I saw this kind of game it was at the 2008 euro qualification for Olympics done by team Romania (!!!) with all of its stars, which almost beat Serbia and Russia.

Yeah Japan 1985 was the true Asian school I agree. But Korean are using some of these combos and Thailand too. Obviously everybody plays a more modern version of the Asian school. The games nowadays are much quicker.

• It's time for Japan to take revenge of WCH2010 semi-finals.
    Ebata will show her best performance ever. Sure she will...

:drink: :super: :cup: :box: :thumbsup:

• I still wanted to throw my tactical take on yesterday's match of Brazil-Russia, cause I haven't been able to, yet. Maybe I can, a bit later. But for now on, you guys, can you please stop with the nation thing? Yes, there are brazilians that are a pain in the ass. Yes, there are non-brazilians that are a pain the ass. No, this doesn't mean all brazilians are a pain in the ass. No, this doesn't mean all non-brazilians are a pain in the ass. Happy ending.

Take a chill pill and enjoy the last moments of OG, cause after the weekend, there won't be another until 2016. But for the time being, just take it easy with the nationality thing, it's getting so annoying at this point.

Of course you can't make widespread generalizations about an entire culture but there does seem to me at least that it's far more prevalent amongst Brazilian players these days and the ironic part is that there was so much controversy in Brazil about how the Cubans behavior was so disrespectful in the 90's.

It's one thing to provoke during the heat of the match and that doesn't bother me but what does bother me is when players can't leave it on the court. Not sure if this was posted here but here were Fabi's comments following the Russia match.

"Com todo o respeito que eu tenho, eu detesto o time da Rússia e
    quero que elas voltem para casa bastante tristes. Voltem para casa mais
    cedo, porque eu detesto esse time da Rússia. Detesto", desabafou Fabi,

"With all due respect, I hate the Russian team and an I hope they go back home very sad. Go home early, because I hate the Russian team. I hate them"

Regardless of the fact she's from Brazil I think that sort of comment is completely inappropriate and unsportsmanlike.

• (I think it has, and if I'm not making a mistake, it was you that posted, cause I think I've seen the bilingual version of the quote. :whistling: )

I know, man, but at this point this is pointless. I'm brazilian and I don't agree with a lot of how brazilian people acts, including our players, including Zé Roberto, etc. There were some rude brazilian users that said stupid things in here before. But there are also brazilian tactful users who acted very classy. You get that there's no need to make stupid generalizations, but some people, it seems don't, for some reason. And you yourself was someone that posted something like "You're brazilian, so all you care about is winning." to some user. Why would you do that?, you know it's not true. We don't even know each other in a daily basis to make this assumption. But I'm not calling you out or anything, because I know that since you're brazilian you feel you have the right to be more autocritical about our own culture, I think a lot of us do. Doesn't mean people have to come in here and like apologize like "Sorry for us brazilians that acted poor, there's lot of them out there". Like, we get it. Other people acted poor as well, no one's trying to cover for them. People are responsible for what they say, there's no need to make it a culture thing. Some of the annoying ones get more loud, but all you have to do is stop feeding the trolls.

I see there's lots of people from different countries that dislike brazilian habits in volleyball, and though that kinda surprises me, I think there must be a reason. I very much so hate how some of players dealt with criticism these past days. And I agree with you that ZRG is not classy at all, he keeps screwing up in his interviews. But whatever, at the end of the day, you move on, no need to milk it endlessly. I think pretty much everyone made their points. It's not about volleyball anymore, so, I think we should just leave it behind. I totally get that you have the right to make your point about Zé Roberto and the players, but the thing in the forum just became out of control, with this sort of culture war. So, that's not cool. This is what I think we should leave it past us.