2012 Olympic Games

• I hate that Spanish B*tch. She always makes bad decisions. I'm not for Korea neither for Japan, but such wrong decisions make the match less interesting. :aww: :down:

• Japan is playing with much more varied attack compared to their match against Brazil and China and it works for them!

• Japan is playing with much more varied attack compared to their match against Brazil and China and it works for them!

Yep and it is much more fun to watch. On the other hand, Korea is playing one of their worst matches in the tournament. Only Kim can score consistently, everyone else is weak today. The setters try to vary the game, but in the end, only Kim succeeds.

• Basically the match is Kim vs Sakoda, but the difference is that Sakoda has the better team around her today. Nice comeback from Korea, but the problem is that they make too many crucial mistakes...but Sakoda was quite lucky on set point that her serve dropped like a stone 3m behind the net.

• Yep and it is much more fun to watch. On the other hand, Korea is playing one of their worst matches in the tournament. Only Kim can score consistently, everyone else is weak today. The setters try to vary the game, but in the end, only Kim succeeds.

aside from excellent floor defense, I think one of Japan's edge in this game is their experience in big matches. I suddenly remember their heroic win in WCH 2010 and against usa in World Cup last year. Somehow, those performances creep in games like this. Korea were trailing in the start of second set and managed to level it to 24 all but still not enough to win Japan. They need to improve their game, otherwise... :S

• Just ask Gamova and Sokolova if they would like to trade their 2 world championships golds medals (ok, all the medals they won in their career :D ) for JUST ONE olympic gold. :thumbsup:

I know what they would aswer, ask them :thumbup:

Do how the hell do you know that? Are you a mindreader? They had that 2 epic victories I don't think they would like to give them away.
    And about Brazilians - all the sh*t that came out of their mouths after the Qfs just proves that they are still losers in their minds despite that single 2008 victory. If you like to ask somebody about something - ask them what would they give to avoid 2004, 2006, 2010 defeats.

• Another advantage for Japan is their bigger depth on bench. Just take Sakoda, usually she is on bench, but almost always when she plays she ends up being top scorer. Also the 3 MBs of Japan are all on the same level. Korea can only change setter and Opp, everyone else on bench is far weaker than the starters.

• Poor Korea, they were doing so great! :white:

But just one team can take the bronze...

• What i see here is an ignorant Brazilian fan.
    Both the players and the fans are ignorant.
    I think no doubt Gamova and Sokolova are greater and more a legend than the players of Brazil.
    No offense. :drink:

• Wow, this is just :wall:

Is this the culture in Brazil? I remembered USA players being booed in their country, Ze Roberto and his players saying something bad about Russian players. Now, an ignorant poster putting down Gamova and Sokolova's achievements.

Just annoying. :thumbdown:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

Edited once, last by jist ().

• Congratulations, Japan! :win:

They are so happy now!

• Congrats to Japan, very good match for them. And also congrats to Korea, even if they are certainly disappointed now, being Top 4 still is a great success for them which nobody expected :thumbup: And I don't think anyone ever took 4th place with winning just 3 of 8 matches :lol:

• Congratulations to Japan! I think the factor for their win today was staying to their true game: fast with variety. Small Spiker Risa did well in the last points! Painful defeat for Korea but still, they can still take pride for reaching semis.

at the prediction game, I mistakenly predicted a win by Japan then changed it to a Korea win. I guess I should have sticked to it. :lol: ^^

Congrats to Japan again! :thumbup:

• Do how the hell do you know that? Are you a mindreader? They had that 2 epic victories I don't think they would like to give them away.
    And about Brazilians - all the sh*t that came out of their mouths after the Qfs just proves that they are still losers in their minds despite that single 2008 victory. If you like to ask somebody about something - ask them what would they give to avoid 2004, 2006, 2010 defeats.

I think many Brazilian fans thinking that their team is the greatest one in the history of women volleyball. ;)

• I feel very sad for KIM! ;(