2012 Olympic Games

• I love Paula ^^ she wanted to continue on the team. I want you all still keep playing because I think they may still another cycle olympic. Sure, I think it has to be renewed, but nothing prevents you from continuing two teams, a B team, so to speak, as Ze Roberto made with the players to ones that are there subistituir: Sheilla, Jaque, Mari (still I want her back) Paula, Dani Lins ... etc., and the B team can play some tournaments to get match fitness and experience. But the players of this cycle may be more an olympic cycle, I think I can, can still win the World Championship so that all crave, and imagine playing at home in 2016 with all your fans? :woohoo: Ze Roberto and I hope that it isBernardinho the same in men's team. :thumbup:

Now, about the interview of Paula I did not see so can not comment, if anyone has read about tell us something. Thanks; :)

• http://globoesporte.globo.com/…das-encerro-por-aqui.html

Here's the interview.

She did say she was underutilized but she followed it immediately by saying how well Fernanda Garay played.

• Bruna, i hope i'll feel like you someday(i hope i will get rid of some bad moments) bcz our team also made us live some disappointments.(for example 2003 ECH,OG elimination,ECH semi final,Og etc..)

@Usafan...how do you feel after Usa team lost second time at final agaian? (id like to hear about ppl's real feeling)

• @Usafan...how do you feel after Usa team lost second time at final agaian? (id like to hear about ppl's real feeling)

You can't really compare this final to the last one. The USA pulled off some stunning upsets in 2008 to make it to the final and were just happy to be there. In that match I had zero expectation they'd beat Brazil and therefore I wasn't disappointed.

In 2012, of course I'm disappointed they didn't win because they had shown they could beat Brazil many times before. However, my disappointment isn't too big because they played a great tournament and year. You can't use one match as the basis for your support, or lack there of, of your NT. At the end of the day it's still just a game with one winner and one loser. Brazil improved their play in the knockout round and always had the players capable of playing at that level. The only two things I would've changed if I were Hugh is left Larson on the court for longer than he did and two I would have had used Miyashiro as a second libero instead of a serving sub because Davis has always been prone to passing breakdown. But proud of the effort the NT put in. As good as the USA NT is they get NO SPOTLIGHT whatsoever in the United States. They are not household names, no one would recognize their photo. There is no glitz and glamor for volleyball in the US. These women spend every professional season in different countries around the world and come back to the USA to train and are committed to it. I admire that, regardless of their result.

• You can't really compare this final to the last one. The USA pulled off some stunning upsets in 2008 to make it to the final and were just happy to be there. In that match I had zero expectation they'd beat Brazil and therefore I wasn't disappointed.

In 2012, of course I'm disappointed they didn't win because they had shown they could beat Brazil many times before. However, my disappointment isn't too big because they played a great tournament and year. You can't use one match as the basis for your support, or lack there of, of your NT. At the end of the day it's still just a game with one winner and one loser. Brazil improved their play in the knockout round and always had the players capable of playing at that level. The only two things I would've changed if I were Hugh is left Larson on the court for longer than he did and two I would have had used Miyashiro as a second libero instead of a serving sub because Davis has always been prone to passing breakdown. But proud of the effort the NT put in. As good as the USA NT is they get NO SPOTLIGHT whatsoever in the United States. They are not household names, no one would recognize their photo. There is no glitz and glamor for volleyball in the US. These women spend every professional season in different countries around the world and come back to the USA to train and are committed to it. I admire that, regardless of their result.

if only there's a like button here... :thumbsup: :thumbup:

• You can't really compare this final to the last one. The USA pulled off some stunning upsets in 2008 to make it to the final and were just happy to be there. In that match I had zero expectation they'd beat Brazil and therefore I wasn't disappointed.

I like this comment very much. Even you team is loosing, you have to be proud and be supportive. This attitude is unfortunaltley not very much in commen. I am sad aswell that USA lost, but nevertheless happy and proud for their game throughout the whole season.
    Do you have any news about the new Coach ?

• Crying Gamova on the avatar? Some Brazilian fans here are really bordering on mental illness :thumbdown:

• Crying Gamova on the avatar? Some Brazilian fans here are really bordering on mental illness :thumbdown:

Was simply my homage to her arrogance.

But now, after another olympic disapointment, I feel sorry for her. Even though she doesn't deserve it.

• I'm sure the USA players knew that. It's just isn't easy too employ this tactic. But if you can you can win. Japan in the WCH semifinal tried it and almost won. Unfortunately an error in the 4th set of the Japanese, when they had the match point, changed the match. But Russia the next day tried again this tactic and won.

Oh, I made a mistake, Japan didn't have any match point in the semifinal against Brazil in 2010. But I remember something like leading in the third or four set like 22-20 and then doing some unforced mistakes and losing the set.

• Was simply my homage to her arrogance.

But now, after another olympic disapointment, I feel sorry for her. Even though she doesn't deserve it.

First Gamova crying on the avatar to mock her and now you feel sorry for her. Great coherence... :whistle:

• First Gamova crying on the avatar to mock her and now you feel sorry for her. Great coherence... :whistle:

The avatar was before the Olympics 8)

But I'll keep it to remind myself that I waited for this moment for a long time, and that she doesn't deserve my pitty.

• The avatar was before the Olympics 8)

But I'll keep it to remind myself that I waited for this moment for a long time, and that she doesn't deserve my pitty.

Ugly

• Anyone knows where can I find the video of Korea VS Turkey and Korea VS Serbia of the Olympics??

• I'm not sure if it's the right place, but FIVB firmed up the qualification process for the 2016 Olympic Games.

• Two teams from the 2015 World Cup
    • One team from each Confederation (coming from the 2015 Continental Championships or a Continental Olympic Qualification Tournament to be played after the 2015 World Cup)
    • One team from each of four World Olympic Qualification Tournaments due to take place in 2016.
    • Host country

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=37309&Language=en

• I see on crystal ball group for Turkey.. yes.. yes.. I see .. Turkey.. Kenya.. Argentina.. Chinese Taipei..