2012 Olympic Games

• how about Zè Roberto..is he leaving or staying? ?(

At this point, it's still unknown. All he said is that he'll talk with the president of the Confederation in a month time.
    There's people in Brazil that already sugested a trade between Bernardo and Zé Roberto, with Bernardo coming back to the female NT and Zé Roberto moving to the male one, since they both had successful times the other way around. I think Bernardo would be on board, cause time and again he states he'd like to leave the male NT to let Bruno work without the burden of people saying he's only there cause he's his son. But I don't think Zé Roberto would do it. Also he stated a couple of times he doesn't want to leave female volleyball.

• Ah... In my opinion game Japan and Serbia. True or Not Someone beleive have somthing in this match or not.... But finnaly FIVB said not.. OK finished.
    But that's you say Lost Serbia help Japan go to easier group play, I'm not disagree with you because If Japan win or Lost against Serbias , Thailand or Sebia come to Olympic, They still in group "A" by world ranking no. 3

• found this in a local forum. congrats brazil!!!

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Where is Loca? Did She kill herself when Berg left court yesterday with pain?

Here I am XD :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I dont know if it is part of their culure, but I cant stop laughing :lol:

Yes, she's joking! :rolll:

• Paula is saying goodbye to NT. She gave an interview saying she thinks Zé didnt use her very well.

I hopnetly didnt read the interview, so I cant say much about it. Maybe someone else can tell better.

• Brazil's win against Russia is a turning point in Brazil volleyball's history. They never won an important match (in or out) in an important competition (Olympics or WCH) against their arch rivals Russia and Cuba. This gave them an enourmous amount of confidence.
    Brazil is a very emotional team, they need confidence, because they do not have nerves of steel like Russia or the Asian teams.

The only way to win Brazil is to destroy their confidence. A team should put on them enourmous pressure on their reception. Russia's serves in the quarters weren't that effective. If you watch the semifinals and finals at the 2010 Worlds Japan and Russia employed that tactic with efficacy. You may fail some serves in the first set (Russia at World Championship) to find the measures, but you need it very much.
    Brazil suffers very much the long serves. This is something tied both with their way of playing and their psychology. If the opponent team constantly serve this way it will slow down the setting for the attack, probably the middle blockers will not attack and the Oh that had to receive will be positioned too far away from the net or in a way that will not attack well. Jaqueline, Paula, Sassa, Fernanda, even Natalia need perfect sets to attack with efficiency. So the setter will have less options. This will have an impact on their nerves. The attackers targeted in reception will start to get blocked not just because of the sets, but also because of nervousness. The other attackers (MBs and Sheilla) will start to make errors too, because they will want to conquer the serve at all cost. They will start to disunite, Ze will loose patience, go crazy and start to change setters, Oh, Mb as is in his style. It's in the psychology and way of playing of the Brazilian team: exstatic when all goes well, when they control the match and can play the way they know; gone crazy when they cannot play with their usual style.

I'm sure the USA players knew that. It's just isn't easy too employ this tactic. But if you can you can win. Japan in the WCH semifinal tried it and almost won. Unfortunately an error in the 4th set of the Japanese, when they had the match point, changed the match. But Russia the next day tried again this tactic and won.

Well, congrats Brazil for your second Olympic gold ;)

• Agree with your analysis. Russia's easy serves was the difference. Never mind if they can't dig. They can block. But their easy serves allowed Brazil to run unpredictable plays and that prevented Russia to form a good block against the attackers. I believe Russia has very good chances to earn a medal have they made past the quarterfinals but unfortunately they showed their poorest performance at such a critical match. In my opinion, being in an easy pool was also a disadvantage for them. Brazil played bad in the preliminaries and can afford to lose a few games but that also served as a wake-up call for them to show their true performance whereas Russia only had two tough opponents in pool A and even those two were not enough to put them to competitive mode. At the quarterfinals, Brazil played a do-or-die match and gave it all they've got while Russia experienced enormous pressure for the first time in the olympics with no more chances to bounce back.

In the next quadrennial, I still expect USA and Brazil to be the top teams because they have many talented, young players. I think Serbia, Turkey and Japan won't be far behind. Most of the Serbians who played bad in London are still young and can still improve. For Italy, I expect the Bosetti sisters as the successors of Piccinini and Costagrande. I could also see Cuba coming back as a powerful team. China has very good team although I'm surprised to learn that Wei Qiuyue, Wang Yimei, Ma Yunwen, and Xu Yunli won't be playing in Rio anymore because of some Chinese rule. I'm not familiar of that rule but those players are so young to retire. They can still play for 2 more olympics and they can give more for China. For Russia, it's obvious that Kosheleva and Goncharova are the new leaders but the team will need better MBs. Perepelkina and Borisenko are decent blockers but their attacks are too weak. With Sokolova, Gamova, and Artamonova leaving the NT, it would be hard for them to defend WCH title and maintain their world ranking. We'll see!

My sights are already in Rio 2016. :)

• :drink:

filedefener was first :tzz: look here

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Brazil's win against Russia is a turning point in Brazil volleyball's history. They never won an important match (in or out) in an important competition (Olympics or WCH) against their arch rivals Russia and Cuba.

Well, since the 90's we lost to Russia just 2 times in OG (1992 and 2004). That was the huge problem, the 24x19.

We won in 2008, 3x0. But now it's definitle over!

Russia's players never won their olympic gold medal, and Brazil has 2 olympics golds!!!!

Who could have imagined?

I still remember that match, how I felt... :roll:

Now I can watch that match or talk about it without any problems or bad feelings now! :thumbsup:

• China has very good team although I'm surprised to learn that Wei Qiuyue, Wang Yimei, Ma Yunwen, and Xu Yunli won't be playing in Rio anymore because of some Chinese rule. I'm not familiar of that rule but those players are so young to retire. They can still play for 2 more olympics and they can give more for China.

Where did you get this info? It really doesn't make any sense :what: What might be the rule? Removal of best 4 player of team :down:

• Where did you get this info? It really doesn't make any sense :what: What might be the rule? Removal of best 4 player of team :down:

It's been discussed earlier in this thread. I don't get it either.

Why? It isn't logical, first because they are so young and together they can improve a lot. Second is not good to change the whole team after every Olympics.

These members are still very good.
    But even they are young, Chinese system is they want young members
    and they try to maintain players to play at most 2 Olympics.
    So even they still have good skills, they are still young, the Chinese volleyb