2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Watch out for Kim Hill! She is going to be a special talent. Just 23 years old but she has so much potential. Despite being 6'4 she can receive and play defense. She is good in attacking also and will just improve!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Watch out for Kim Hill! She is going to be a special talent. Just 23 years old but she has so much potential. Despite being 6'4 she can receive and play defense. She is good in attacking also and will just improve!

Hope that she will show this game in Poland :roll: USA lost 8 points in a row ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Congrats Brazil ;)
    i'm happy to see Sheillinha backing...
    now we need to play the first set in all matches hahahah

• Hope that she will show this game in Poland :roll: USA lost 8 points in a row ;(

Well, Hill used to play MB in her University and last season she played beach volley. She get back to the indoor volley just when Kiraly called her for the Panamerican Cup.

As I said before, we lost and it was totally expected. Brazil scored 8 points in a row and all that Kiraly can say is "beath", "take a breathe", "this is experience"... :down:

Monster game by Miyashiro, Harmotto and Alisha Glass.

Brazil won because Ze Roberto helped them to find the way when they were in troubles. Kiraly, watch and learn.

• Congratulations for Brazil and USA, great volleyball to see for volleyball fans :cheesy:

• Brazil defense and organization made the difference today...Fabiana, Sheilla, they give much more experience to the team. This team is used to play together so Its not a surprise I guess.

US started serving really well, but with time that didnt make so much effect anymore, they had some conection problems during some periods in the game. But when they play right, its is really hard to predict which players Glass will use. I just wish to see them playing a bit more with attack in position 6 as well. I really think this american team has so much room to grow...Its impressive. I really admire the work Kiraly is doing, he is so calm, and encourage his players all the time. To imagine they are full of younger players Its incredible job already. It's great experience for them to live moments like this.

• what a shame. usa just had a mental collapse at the end of set 4. regardless, what a team!!!! hahaha hill, glass, harmotto, and everybody else contributed and it shows. to me, the mvp of this match is glass, those are some feisty and fast setting which we haven't seen in years since fofao and takeshita graced the court. the only thing they lack is consistency and perhaps the need to shrug off that mental collapse. :drink:

anyway, congrats to brazil!!! gabi, monique, and camilla brait are ready to take brazil to this quadrennial. :box: but they need to find other younger talents to match that of usa though. gabi is given but other than that, the seniors are doing the job. and that's a worrisome... :S

• Interesting end of set Turkey-Japan, Japan used only 6th set ball. Turkey-Japan 0-2 (21-25 28-30)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Brazil defense and organization made the difference today...Fabiana, Sheilla, they give much more experience to the team. This team is used to play together so Its not a surprise I guess.

US started serving really well, but with time that didnt make so much effect anymore, they had some conection problems during some periods in the game. But when they play right, its is really hard to predict which players Glass will use. I just wish to see them playing a bit more with attack in position 6 as well. I really think this american team has so much room to grow...Its impressive. I really admire the work Kiraly is doing, he is so calm, and encourage his players all the time. To imagine they are full of younger players Its incredible job already. It's great experience for them to live moments like this.

They did just once in this match. They already lost all McCutcheon's prerogatives. :wall:

• A lesson to learn for new US team.Interesting to see how they will develop. All 3 games have shown that Brazil is very much beatable, so it's far from certain who will win this GP.

• I'm sad the USA lost, but in the same time very happy that this young girls achieved this results! The lack consistency but they'll get there and when some players like Larson and Akinradewo come back (I wish to see Logan back!!) it will be a very very strong team! I'm already excited for the WCH 2014!

• I think this game is a negative one for Coach Kiraly. Yes he is an expectional motivator but I didn't like his game tactics .He also has way to go as a coach.

Kiraly is like bad copy of Hugh all he can say is take a deep breath :lol: Seriously that doesn't cut it didn't you learn that in London anyway ? there must be some kinda B plan or else history will repeat itself every time

• Although JPN is leading 2-0, the match is so much fun to watch :obey: I have never saw our team was digging that much, but JPN is the king when it comes to defence, they showed it at the last point of 2nd set :cheesy:

• I'm also not too fond of Karch's time-out speeches. Sure, there are times when a coach needs to calm down and encourage the team, but not in EVERY time-out. It's the time to tell the players what they can do better, give information about certain tactics of the opponent etc. Coaches can have only limited influence during the match because it is hard to reach the players, but only telling them to take a breath all the time won't help either...