2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I haven't watched 1st set, but I agree with semisonic. Borodakova and Shlyakhovaya means no middle attack at all for Russia :wall: One player show, all balls to Obmochaeva. That's how matches in Korean league must look. And the sad thing is, it even works for the moment :aww:

In terms of behavior, Obmochaeva is on the way to become the female Spiridonov. The way she yelled at Hill after blocking her was just disgusting, did she imagine Gamova was there on the other side or what? :down:

• Borodakova is so useless and yet she's still on court :down: she shouldn't be starter at all :aww: Shlyakhovaya is at least a bit better.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In terms of behavior, Obmochaeva is on the way to become the female Spiridonov. The way she yelled at Hill after blocking her was just disgusting, did she imagine Gamova was there on the other side or what? :down:

Absolutely agree on that. The best way to heal her (and Spiridonov too) is to give her yellow card straight after the first time she does that. Why do referees prefer to pretend they don't see it? ?(

• Marichev is demanding to direct the serves into 5th position, he says there's a player who just doesn't receive. Who is he talking about?

• kelly murphy is a revelation. she took the spot out of fawcette. kim hill is showing some brilliance but still lacks the consistency, love her placement shots though.

i really like russia's libero. middles should get more involved in offense as they are capable of scoring.

• Hill is now the best american scorer, glad to see her in Poland upcoming club season :win:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• kelly murphy is a revelation. she took the spot out of fawcette. kim hill is showing some brilliance but still lacks the consistency, love her placement shots though.

i really like russia's libero. middles should get more involved in offense as they are capable of scoring.

what middles?..on a middle player can score for russia...the other middle player is for display only

• Russia's play in 3rd set actually looked much better than in 2nd set, better distribution of sets, some good middle attacks, but still they lost the set while they won the one woman show set before. I expect them to go back to the "all balls to Natasha" tactics in 4th set...

I like the way Glass makes Russian blockers jump all the time, it reminds me of Ognjenovic...

• Russia's play in 3rd set actually looked much better than in 2nd set, better distribution of sets, some good middle attacks, but still they lost the set while they won the one woman show set before. I expect them to go back to the "all balls to Natasha" tactics in 4th set...

I like the way Glass makes Russian blockers jump all the time, it reminds me of Ognjenovic...

Second that!

• borodakova's middle attack is so horrible to look at. why was shyakovaya was taken out?

• somebody has another link except that sportlemon? plz

• borodakova's middle attack is so horrible to look at. why was shyakovaya was taken out?

Shlyakhovaya went out for Zaryazhko, but the real question is: why did Zaryazhko not start this match??? Answer: her middle attack is too good, so the setters forget about Marichev's "don't set the middles" tactics when she is on court, so he starts the match with two MBs who can't attack. Borodakova seems to be a saint among Russian coaches, no matter who is NT coach she always plays :aww:

Glass was damn lucky not to get hurt there :white: