2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Now it's do or die for Bulgaria, if they don't make it after 18-15 they'd get killed in tie-break probably...

Now it's 22-19 Bulgaria is so close...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Congratulations for Bulgaria :thumbsup: big surprise and success :thumbsup:

• Nice win for Bulgaria! I'm happy they're getting some good results.

Brazil didn't deserve the win at all today, their game was a mess. I hope this defeat will allow them to regain focus and concentration and stop missing tons of important plays. And I'm glad the Brazilian commentators now will finally stop saying "Brazil's invincible for 16 matches!" all the damn time, it was annoying as hell.

• I'm happy for Bulgaria, although I was rooting for Brazil. They were rewarded for their courage. I hope this victory will serve to boost the confidence of this team, which has incredible players. Vasileva will probably be one of the greatest attackers in the near future. :rose:

• Good team work helped Bulgaria, look at scores: Rabadzhieva 16, Starhi Filipova 14, Vasilieva 13, Emilya Nikolova 12, Ruseva 10, even Kitipova with 7.
    In Brazil Garay 18 points, Fabiana 13, Monique 12 (most gained in last sets), Juciely 11. They missed one more reliable killer instead of Garay and Monique. Gabi had 8 points.

• congrats to bulgaria!!!. :flower:

about brazil: the thing about the brazilian team is that they need to renew a lot of positions in 2 or three years time. if not, all of these players will be at least 30 yrs or more old in rio and i don't think they can keep their high level form..... :| i hate pointing fingers but at least there's a little bit of fault in ze roberto's side. he is so adamant on using the old players over and over and over again just to win. eventually these players will tire and lose steam. gabi is one thing but she's a lone youngster in a squad of aging players. had gabi not shown anything special at the superliga i don't think she'll be near this roster. :whistle:

ze roberto renewed this team last 2005 with young players and it WORKED. at gabi's age, mari is already piling up 34 points against russia at the olympics, fabiana is starting to become a monster at the net, sheilla and paula are grand prix mvp candidates... if only ze roberto used the earlier tournaments this year to test younger players. :wall:

• Congrats Bulgaria! Great game for this girls...they were not afraid and deserved the victory.

Its funny that I've always listened some brazilians making fun of teams like Italy, Russia, Turkey, Germany for losing games against "smaller" teams in European tournaments...and Ive always said the "smaller" teams in Europe are actually quite good and competitive...they just didnt know them. Well, I wonder what they would say right now? :roll:

• Last time Bulgaria beat Brazil was in the 1986 WCH
    It was 3x2

• What is interesting, Sheila after two sets had 0 points and the same had Kaczor. The difference is that Sheila will probably come back to better shape and I suppose that Kaczor won't.

• I stay with my opinion of the beginning of the year...Brazil may even keep winning everything...but we are not reniewing our volleyball...for me that is a lie...how you say you are reniewing..when the team plays with Thaisa, Fabiana, Dani Lins, Sheilla, Garay in the first moment there is a chance of a lost? (and lets be honest, the only reason Gabi is playing is cause Jaque is out and we don't have any other passing Oh!) How will the young players learn if they can't play to try to find solutions in a hard game? Gaining experience is everything...and there are some things that only games teach you.

I guess Brazil will be fine, cause we have good coaches in the league that will make younger players grow..or at least we show count on that. But its definetely not the work the NT is doing.

• sure Kaczor will play better bcz cant play worse :lol:

I can't stand her watching more soft spikes and tipes again and again. Watching her getting a ball set to her I wondered if she kill at least one ball with score :lol:

• Caribbean battle is starting, Kwiek again with Echenique as starter :whistle: the same Dominican line-up as yesterday

• What is interesting, Sheila after two sets had 0 points and the same had Kaczor. The difference is that Sheila will probably come back to better shape and I suppose that Kaczor won't.

Costagrande the same in the first 2 sets. Then she had some blocks in the third one and scored few points. Nobody blamed her.

• Its always same russians and serbians beat asian teams so easy just china competes with them.The famous asian defence doesnt work when they face powerful and tall teams :)

that's not always true. didn't thailand beat poland, serbia and germany before? maybe turkey? they beat cuba, argentina, even a young US team and china.