World League 2013

• I read there will be only 6 finalists in sportal.bg

• FIVB > CEV > Bulgarian Federation > all politicians of all time

• Portugal, ranked 36th in the world, finished 16th in last year’s World League and were eligible to fill the vacancy left by Egypt – who withdrew citing difficulty in complying with tournament regulations - having lost to the Netherlands in the second round of the World League 2013 qualifiers.

Difficulty in complying with tournament regulations? They have participated before, besides, they even played qualifiers last summer. The only logical reason is some TV broadcasting problems. But I seriously don't get it.

• Egypt probably withdrew due political situation in country. As I know their league is still on standby so there is no point in charging costs just to take few sets in WL.

This is probably another reason. But with this year's formula they would have certainly taken more than just few sets :)

• Why not Australia?. The oceania country is ranked 11th in the world ranking and they performed pretty well in the olympics. I think they deserve the privilege.

They did so poor in the Asian Cup, which is supposed to be the pre-qualification tournament.

• They did so poor in the Asian Cup, which is supposed to be the pre-qualification tournament.

That is because Australia sent their junior team with only 1-2 older players as most players had to go to their club teams after the Olympic Games were finished. Unfortunately Asia Cup is not seen as important and most teams only bring the 2nd team to those tournaments. Maybe more emphasis should be put on World Rankings.

• That is because Australia sent their junior team with only 1-2 older players as most players had to go to their club teams after the Olympic Games were finished. Unfortunately Asia Cup is not seen as important and most teams only bring the 2nd team to those tournaments. Maybe more emphasis should be put on World Rankings.

I don't think FIVB would do that. So far only continental championships are counted in the WR with very limited weight. If Asian Cup is counted, people would expect Euro League, Pam American Cup etc are counted too. Asian Cup's role is WLQ's qualification tournament. Apparently volleyroos don't feel interested I presume.

• I don't think FIVB would do that. So far only continental championships are counted in the WR with very limited weight. If Asian Cup is counted, people would expect Euro League, Pam American Cup etc are counted too. Asian Cup's role is WLQ's qualification tournament. Apparently volleyroos don't feel interested I presume.

European League is qualification tournament for WL qualies

• Asian Cup's role is WLQ's qualification tournament. Apparently volleyroos don't feel interested I presume.

Asian Cup was qualifier for 2014 World League, not this one. Australia failed to qualify by not winning the 2011 Asian Championships

• Can you people satisfy my curiosity?. Brazil and Poland have contracts that consist of automatic berths for both tournaments WL and WGP. Right!. Also I know that China and Japan share the same sort of contract. Are their contracts valid only for the WGP?. Why not for WL?.

• Can you people satisfy my curiosity?. Brazil and Poland have contracts that consist of automatic berths for both tournaments WL and WGP. Right!. Also I know that China and Japan share the same sort of contract. Are their contracts valid only for the WGP?. Why not for WL?.

My guess is the formulae of two events are different. WGP changes participating teams every year, while WL has only two spots for challengers per year.

• Canada for WL
    Setter: Joshua Howatson, Dustin Schneider, Oliver Faucher, Ciaran McGovern
    Opposite: Gavin Schmitt, Dallas Soonias
    Outside Hitter: Frederic Winters, Steve Gotch, Gordon Perrin, Toontje Van Lankvelt, Jason DeRocco, Nicholas Hoag, Christopher Hoag
    Middle Blocker: Rudy Verhoeff, Graham Vigrass, Justin Duff, Adam Simac, Adam Kaminski, Steve Brinkman, Louis-Pierre Mainville
    Libero: Blair Bann, Dan Lewis

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Japan's World League Roster
    OH: Yuji Suzuki (Toray), Yuhei Tsukazaki (JT), Masashi Kuriyama (Suntory), Dai Tezuka (FC Tokyo), Tatsuya Fukuzawa (Panasonic), Daisuke Yako (JT), Yusuke Ishijima (Sakai), Yu Koshikawa (Suntory), Yuta Yoneyama (Toray), Shunsuke Chijiki (Sakai), Yuta Matsuoka (Sakai), Takashi Dekita (Tsukuba University)
    L: Takeshi Nagano (Panasonic), Ken Takahashi (Suntory)
    S: Shigeru Kondoh (Toray), Shun Imamura (Sakai), Issei Maeda (Tsukuba University)
    MB: Yoshifumi Suzuki (Suntory), Kazuyoshi Yokota (Sakai), Takaaki Tomimatsu (Toray), Yoshihiko Matsumoto (Sakai), Kota Yamamura (Suntory)

JVA does not break out opposite position, so that is why there is so many OH players.
    No Kunihiro Shimizu due to injury.