2013 CEV Youth European Championship - Serbia / Montenegro

• Friendly matches are not REAL matches ;) I believe too this Italian team plays on another level and many of these Italian girls will become great volleyball stars in a few years.

i dont believe they are on another level...they are just slightly better than others and at this age friendly matches are important for players,kind of criteria...even if they beat Poland 3-0 i will think the same for this age...... btw, why do you have so high opinion about this generation of Italy?

• It's quite funny to see your posts here, you were so busy with the second group that you didn't notice any player from Poland yet. I hope girls are gonna take the revenge on Italy, they'll be definitely on fire tomorrow.

• Hande Baladin

I read somewhere she was born in September 1997..so she is only 15 years old...And she is playing for Eczacibasi-acedemy?

Impressive performance by her !

I'm sure Tayfun could tell more about her :D :teach:

• hey Dutchman, what about Dutch girls....has any of them called your attention?

Well, the main setter (Britt Bongaerts) is in the picture of our NT-headcoach. She is the only player I know.

• I read somewhere she was born in September 1997..so she is only 15 years old...And she is playing for Eczacibasi-acedemy?

Impressive performance by her !

I'm sure Tayfun could tell more about her :D :teach:

im worried about Hande ,because there is Ceylan Arısan there (EcV) and she cant have any chance to play or to be loaned..
    btw, we have better middles in recent generations but we lacks Oh's with solid reception....Rida is a good attacker but her reception is bad, Ada is good receiver but her attack is bad... :pinch:

• im worried about Hande ,because there is Ceylan Arısan there (EcV) and she cant have any chance to play or to be loaned..
    btw, we have better middles in recent generations but we lacks Oh's with solid reception....Rida is a good attacker but her reception is bad, Ada is good receiver but her attack is bad... :pinch:

Hopefully she will transfer to a team where she can play in starting-six.

• Hold your horses mate, she did play from end of the 1st set and we still lost next 2 sets, its funny that Maliwna takes so much prasie after this match which was imho her worst in this tournament.
    Anyway she's on a good way to become our Glinka 2.0 :D

I know that this was situation only in 1st set, but it don't change situation. Different starting six, different start of the game, especially at this level of age.

• I was worried about our Polish female nt, but this tournament shows me, that Polish female volleyball are not gonna die :obey: Damaske and Smarzek are our future :super:

• I've been asking myself the same question. For this level it would surely be better to take less risk on serve because it isn't necessary, but on the other hand, the main goal of youth teams is to develop the players for long term careers and not just win medals in youth competitions, so in the long run they will need aggressive serves, so even if they make a lot of mistakes now, in a few years they can be very good servers.

yes, maybe thyat is also a good reason and I have to agree with you about that...!
    anyway congratulations to Italy, really proud of this little girls that may become BIG champions!! :heart: :flower:
    congrats also to Poland, sincerely I thought Turkey would have reached the final. let's see who will win tomorrow! :box:

• Italy´s youth generation is even better than that generation of 2005 (with Angeloni, Decordi, Garzaro, Vitez, Luraschi...): strong OHs, a tall and effective OPP, a talented setter and tall MBs. I wish Brazil´s youth generation could be as good. Unfortunately we don´t have a good coach in this category :down: even though the team has talent...

• I heard Vitez quit volleyball but no idea about Decordi? I think from that generation only Crisanti and Garzaro reach a good level

• for an OH ,the balance btw reception and attack is very important...who do you think are most balanced OHs in the tournament?
    to me, the most significant thing has been Greek girls' improvement..

• I'm so sorry for Bartek, once again the Russian queens of all statistics lost to those terrible German girls whom nobody except me considers good players :wavy:

Ok, being serious again, in case players from all 8 teams that reached final round are considered for individual awards, Julia Schäfer has good chances to win best scorer. 5 matches with over 20 points plus two matches where she only played part of the match and got 9 and 17 points. On the top of my mind I can't think of any other player in the tournament that showed such consistent scoring in all matches (though I didn't follow Pool 1 too much...).

• Greek oh (i think Stranzali) was very consistent indeed. Her serves were also superb in the matches i watched. :super: i think she was one of the biggest prospect of tournament (also polish opp was pretty promising)