2013 CEV Youth European Championship - Serbia / Montenegro

• I just watched the last 1,5 sets but wow, what an exciting finish :white:
    Congrats to the Polish girls, they fought very well even though they had to finish without libero. Their Opp is really a very promising player, I hope she'll make a good development!
    Sorry for the Italian girls, it is heartbreaking to see them cry, but they wasted so many chances! 4 match points :wall:

• Congrats POlish girls for the title and Italian girls for the struggle..
    as i said before Italy wasnt on another level..Italy-Poland and Turkey are close teams as level .

I liked one of the Italian Ohs.She gathered hard points. (i couldnt distunguish her number from laola)
    for me Greece team is one of the most succesfull teams with its improvement.

• I think all fans in Poland are crying now, 'cause these girl made a huge way to achieve this success. We just can't waste those talents. THANK YOU SO MUCH: Smieszek, Smarzek, Damaske and rest :love:

• Well.. what can I say.. in the prism of Matthias "objective" this isn't suprise that 'only tall' Russian Players are out from Top 6 but.. good and impressive German Players are out from Top 6 and WCH? This is sensation of the tournament.

• I think all fans in Poland are crying now, 'cause these girl made a huge way to achieve this success. We just can't waste those talents. THANK YOU SO MUCH: Smieszek, Smarzek, Damaske and rest :love:

my friend thats the most difficult problem to solve..what to do not to waste talented players? ;)

• Final stats
    Italians made 43 :!: errors, Poles only 29. Smarzek 21 points, Damaske 16, from Italy Bonifacio 18, Danesi & Nicoletti 14

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• So, little lady Poles won the cup? ::: HAPPY

When I saw their effort-ing and fight-ing yesterday against Turkey who was being badly coached also, I had supported them little Poles even against us.
    (This year, whoever I am supporting is winning cups :) )

• Final stats
    Italians made 43 :!: errors, Poles only 29. Smarzek 21 points, Damaske 16, from Italy Bonifacio 18, Danesi & Nicoletti 14

How do you arrive at 43/29 errors? Italy 6+6+10+7+6=35, and Poland 4+7+6+5+3=25 :S
    But yes, the difference remains similar, and in probably all matches in this tournament, the team that made less errors won in the end.

• How do you arrive at 43/29 errors? Italy 6+6+10+7+6=35, and Poland 4+7+6+5+3=25 :S
    But yes, the difference remains similar, and in probably all matches in this tournament, the team that made less errors won in the end.

Italy: 16 serve errors + 10 reception errors + 17 spike errors
    Poland: 14 serve errors + 7 reception errors + 8 spike errors :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Smarzek & Damske. :flower:
    I love these girls. :heart:

• Congratulations to Poland! They played very good both yesterday and today.

I've watched almost all teams' match ones or more and based on my observation the promising players of each positions in this tournament are such:

MBs:

Bonifacio (1996, 186 cm)-ITA: She might be best player of Italy and best blocker of tournament not very tall but athletic with good jump
    Sperskayte (1997, 187 cm)-RUS: She was probably the only good individual player of Russian team.
    Silge (1996, 188 cm)-GER: She contributed a lot whenever Germany has good reception, however her pshical apperance seems very fragile for a MB as Matthias has mentioned before
    Hande Baladin (1997, 189 cm)-TUR: She is the type of MB which Turkey has been looking for many years. Strong blocker with good anticipation, also good attacker.
    Gkountimenko (1996, 189 cm)-GRE: Very good consistent blocker.

Setters:

Vignjeviç (1996, 180 cm)-SRB: She was not as impressive as previous Serbian setters (Radenkoviç, Zivkoviç, Antonijeviç and Ognjenoviç) but still seemed creative to me
    Kemmsies (1996, 181 cm)-GER: She tries to use MBs whenever her team has good reception. Also she seemed a good blocker as well.
    Arelya Karasoy (1996, 181 cm)-TUR: Good setting technique with strong server and blocking skills
    Malinov (1996, 182 cm)-ITA: not very consistent but played well in most crucial matches

Opposites:

Vasilantonaki (1996, 185 cm)-GRE: Very scorer spiker, also good server
    Schafer ( 1996, 186 cm)-GER: Scorer stable Opp with smart serves.
    Pelin Aroğuz (197, 186 cm)-TUR: very talented, just need to jump more
    Smarzek (1996, 190 cm)-POL: Best player of Polish team, strong and good jumper. Her style and physique remind me Brakoçeviç somehow
    Nicoletti (1996, 190 cm)-ITA: tall strong opp, not as special at Diouf though

OHs:

Kuhn (1996, 180 cm)-GER: Good receiver and attacks without fear
    Ada Germen (1997, 182 cm)-TUR: Stable receiver however not very strong at offense
    Strantzali (1996, 183 cm)- GRE: She seemed to me the most all-around OH in the tournament. Her most amazing ability is smart and strong serves, I hope she gets taller a bit.
    Scuka (1996, 183 cm)-SLO: scorer spiker however she should improve her reception
    Mlejnkova (1996, 184 cm)-CZE: She is the Only player who took my attantion good attacker among teams out of top 8, not bad at reception
    Milenkoviç (1997, 184 cm)-SRB: Best player of serbia, a balanced and consistent OH
    Guerra (1996, 185 cm)-ITA: Good defense and offensively decent
    Damaske (1996, 186 cm)- POL: well balanced OH

Liberos:

Popovic (1996, 160 cm)-SRB: the most promising libero to me
    Nowakowska (1996, 181 cm)-POL: Comparatively tall libero, still decent at reception. sorry for her injury

Overall, Serbian and Slovenian teams reached good results without impressive individuals whereas Greek and Germany teams had very interesting players which can potentially turn into start if they continue their development. Polish, Italian and Turkish teams had both good individuals and solid team work. These three teams had very similar level so I expect them to compete medals again in Youth WCh

• Italy: 16 serve errors + 10 reception errors + 17 spike errors
    Poland: 14 serve errors + 7 reception errors + 8 spike errors :)

Ah OK, I counted from the opponent error category. Reception errors are always a bit difficult because aces count both as point for the server and error for the receiver, even when nobody received the ball it is counted as reception error for the one who should have received it...

• As for Silge, her physical appearance is OK, Julia Schäfer is the one with the fragile legs ;)

I agree with your choices as far as I can judge because I watched mainly Pool B teams. I would add Russian setter Serbina who couldn't show much because of the team's terrible receptions, but I think she has potential, and Russian libero Guskova also played fairly well, at least in defense.