Russian Federation NT 2013

• I never liked Russian team.. but I have to say I like very very much this current Russian team. I even like when Natalia screams in other players' faces.. they have a much better team spirit, something unlikely for Russia. Great job for them. they have very pretty players too, Obmochaeva, Pasynkova, Malykh, Morozova :rose:

I would add Shlyakovaya too :heart:

• I've always liked Russia NT, but this time they were just briliant! Congratulations from Bulgaria and continue to play what i call "total volleyball" :super:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• What do you guys think about 2nd setter for Grand Champion Cup, should Marichev give a chance to Startseva and Uraleva or stick with Matienko if she's recovered.

• What do you guys think about 2nd setter for Grand Champion Cup, should Marichev give a chance to Startseva and Uraleva or stick with Matienko if she's recovered.

Matienko would have been 1st setter in ECH had she not broken her finger. During the summer she showed that her style fits the team better than Pankova's. Of course, leading the team to Gold looks good in Pankova's CV now...

• Although I don't like Matienko, she had good performance this summer. I agree with Matthias, that her style fits well to other players. I'd take Pankova and Matienko, there is no need to bring Startseva back, while with these two team is playing good ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Although I don't like Matienko, she had good performance this summer. I agree with Matthias, that her style fits well to other players. I'd take Pankova and Matienko, there is no need to bring Startseva back, while with these two team is playing good ^^

I agree. I also don't think Startseva is a good setter.. what made her better than other Russian setters who played in NT was that she was only technically better.. Her sets were cleaner etc. Nothing more.. she was neither creative nor she set the middles

• I agree. I also don't think Startseva is a good setter.. what made her better than other Russian setters who played in NT was that she was only technically better.. Her sets were cleaner etc. Nothing more.. she was neither creative nor she set the middles

Startseva mainly lacks confidence. In Kazan, she can play VERY well sometimes, with quick sets to everybody, but only as long as the match is going well. As soon as things get tight, she goes back to setting all balls to Gamova and giving up all creativity...who knows, Matienko did surprisingly well this summer in WGP, so maybe Startseva could also do well with Marichev as coach...but for now it should be Matienko and Pankova...

• I really like Pasynkova.

Her style of playing really reminds me of Sokolova and she makes everything more stable.

Pasynkova - Obmochaeva - Kosheleva. These three are so strong enough.

The Russian future. The "news" Sokolova, Gamova and Godina.

• OMG :white: I wonder how are Kosheleva and Obmochaeva's feelings now :rolll:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Lyuba :white: :sos: :what:

What's next? Gamova's return ??? :lol: :lol:

• First of all, welcome back Lyuba !!! :rose:

-I kinda understand why Marichev calls Lyuba back,he still concerns about team's passing unit and maybe he would like to see how Lyuba will perform under his tactics so he can make a decision like he did with former captain(Borodakova) in WGP. I don't know if this is a good idea or not,but there is no harm in trying so let's just hope for the best and pray that the same scenario like last year will not happen again. :!:

-One question. If Lyuba is in(makes the cut to WGCC) who will be out, Isaeva ,Malykh or Chaplina I hope Marichev keeps Malykh and Chaplina with the team.

• First of all, welcome back Lyuba !!! :rose:

-I kinda understand why Marichev calls Lyuba back,he still concerns about team's passing unit and maybe he would like to see how Lyuba will perform under his tactics so he can make a decision like he did with former captain(Borodakova) in WGP. I don't know if this is a good idea or not,but there is no harm in trying so let's just hope for the best and pray that the same scenario like last year will not happen again. :!:

-One question. If Lyuba is in(makes the cut to WGCC) who will be out, Isaeva ,Malykh or Chaplina I hope Marichev keeps Malykh and Chaplina with the team.

I'd cut Isaeva

• Before cutting anyone only because "star with name" who did much for NT is coming back, let's keep noticing her throughout upcoming league matches, then judge her performance, current shape and profits on the court which she can give. Marcichev should compare her with other wing-spikers during NT camp. I know that Sokolova is just a class, but she's getting older and she may spoil atmosphere in team. Just wait and chill out ^^
    If Lyuba is called for final roster, I agree that out probably will be one from Malykh/Isaeva/Chaplina and it's hard to choose one from these.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• IMO, from russian current NT, only goncharova and kosheleva are playing well in superleague so far , maybe sedova as well

• Haha, another dumb decision...This russian team does not need any old players. I just the way they are. Pasynkova can possibly take Sokolova's place.

S - Pankova, Salina
    OPP - Obmochaeva, Isaeva
    OH - Kosheleva, Pasynkova, Chaplina, Malykh
    MB - Morozova, Sylyakhovaya, Zaryazhko
    L - Krychkova, Malova

either Dianskaya or Bondar can be added...but I hope Sokolova won't be up there.