2013 Universiade - Russia - 06/07

• Thailand - Poland 3-1 (25-19 25-18 19-25 25-20)
    Thailand got bronze medal, Onuma with 23 points, Tapaphaipun with 14. From Poland, Grejman 16, Sikorska 13.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• What a game from Brazil :obey: :cheesy:

• ahahaha shouting in the face :lol:

• I had to leave in the middle of 1st set and returned in the middle of 4th and I'm really surprised by Brazil taking this to 5th set. They must be playing a lot better than they did in their semifinal. On the other hand, Russia...they looked so good in Montreux, but the addition of Obmochaeva and Borodakova completely changed their way of playing. Middles get no sets ever and Obmochaeva 80% of them all. Sure, she is Russia's best attacker, but Pankova showed in Montreux that she's capable of running a much better offense and I want to see her doing that again!!!

• Agree. Russia shouldnt use the old-style offense because their new OHs are not good terminators. Chaplina's % must be below .100 :down:

• I had to leave in the middle of 1st set and returned in the middle of 4th and I'm really surprised by Brazil taking this to 5th set. They must be playing a lot better than they did in their semifinal. On the other hand, Russia...they looked so good in Montreux, but the addition of Obmochaeva and Borodakova completely changed their way of playing. Middles get no sets ever and Obmochaeva 80% of them all. Sure, she is Russia's best attacker, but Pankova showed in Montreux that she's capable of running a much better offense and I want to see her doing that again!!!

Totally agree with you! Goncha is a reference, but Pankova can't give only balls to her.
    About Borodokova... She's terrible and she showed this during all the Universíade. I do think that Shlyakovaya, Dianskaya and Zaryazhko are the best options in the middle of Russian NT.

• So in the end, Russia won the Gold that everybody was expecting. In 5th set, experience made the difference and Brazil got too nervous.

I really wonder what Pankova said to the Brazilians during handshake that made them stare at her like that, I almost expected a Brazil-Cuba style fight :lol:

• Stats of the final match: http://www.kazan2013.com/hide/…Info/ResultList/VOW400101

Obmochaeva 31 points, 27/58 in attack. But the rest of the team...Chaplina 11/35, Pasynkova 8/35. Borodakova attacked 8 balls, Zaryazhko 3, Shlyakhovaya 5. That makes 16 attacks from the MBs of 158 from the whole team. In other words, 90% of Russia's attacks were made by OH/OPP players :white: :down:
    I don't know Brazil so well, but as far as I know Farinea and M.Silva are their MBs. Together they attack 35 balls, so Brazil did more than twice as many quick attacks than Russia. Sure, Russia won the match, but still I think is not the right way they're heading.

• I really wonder what Pankova said to the Brazilians during handshake that made them stare at her like that, I almost expected a Brazil-Cuba style fight :lol:

What a shame to Pankova... She's not even a high level player to say something to the brazilians... But anyway, she have to celebrate this title against Brazil, because it will be the only one this year! :thumbsup: Go Brazil!!!

• Stats of the final match: http://www.kazan2013.com/hide/…Info/ResultList/VOW400101

Obmochaeva 31 points, 27/58 in attack. But the rest of the team...Chaplina 11/35, Pasynkova 8/35. Borodakova attacked 8 balls, Zaryazhko 3, Shlyakhovaya 5. That makes 16 attacks from the MBs of 158 from the whole team. In other words, 90% of Russia's attacks were made by OH/OPP players :white: :down:
    I don't know Brazil so well, but as far as I know Farinea and M.Silva are their MBs. Together they attack 35 balls, so Brazil did more than twice as many quick attacks than Russia. Sure, Russia won the match, but still I think is not the right way they're heading.

Yeah, Mayhara #2, Carol #7 and Natasha #11 are our middles in the tournament.

• Brazil gave a good fight to russia team A and especially in the home crowd. very disappointed with chaplina and pasynkova :down:

• What an exciting game! :woohoo: :dance6:
    I'm so proud... Our players did their best. No matter the result, It was funny to watch it. :lol:
    I'm very happy for Unilever too. I think we have good subs next year. Bruna improved her service. She got some aces and caused some troubles to russian receivers. Carol has a good service too. Régis beavered away at the reception and did much better than she usually does. Roberta will be a very important sub to Fofão this year. She's becoming mature year by year, aside some bad decisions during this match.
    Our staff was brilliant. We played well tactically, touching lots of balls. Brazil only wasn't able to stop Goncharova's diagonal spikes and her spikes between our MBs. Nataliya was the difference between both teams.
    Obviously, this Russia don't have the same attack power they had years ago, but maybe Gamova and Sokolova will be back and Kosheleva is an amazing player when healthy. If it doesn't happen, they'll need to change their mentality and use more middle spikes. Gamova and Sokolova are getting on and it's hard to imagine they playing at 2016 Olympic Games as starting-six. Gamova will be an opposite 35 years old and Sokolova an OH 37.

• I don't know if anyone agrees me but I have been thinking the same for a long time. Goncharova is indeed a great scorer, but she's never effective on important moments. Especially for high level teams, it's never so hard to stop her. Even though she scores as much as Gamova, there's a serious gap between those 2 players in my opinion. And today Russia definitely needed a leader attacker in the parts of the game that I could watch.

Congratulations to Russia and brave Brazil anyway :)

• I didnt like Natalia today, too. she can play better, maybe she had good % attack, but in some moments she couldnt kill the ball...on the other way except her for me no other Russian was playing good today...