Italian NT 2013

• I am talking about MBs like Barazza ;) Italy has fantastic MB1s gioli, Guiggi etc but I don't know any good blocker besides Barazza from Italy.That's why I think her presence is very crucial for the team However, she is not getting younger though

• Anza is a good blocker

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• BTW, Never expected to see the roster this early. It's a surprise to see Piccinini on the list there. She is now 34 yo but still wants to play in NT 8) Not sure If it will effect positively or not. Indeed She has worked really hard for NT, however Italy NT deinitely needs some young bloods.
    I don't see anyone promising except the Bosetti sisters though... Unfortunately there's no develops by such young hitters like Laura Partenio, Laura Saccomani, Chiara Scarabelli etc etc. I thought they would develop themselves a lot and was expecting to see them after the Olympics.
    On the other hand, happy to see Marta Bechis as main setter right there, at the same time sad not to see Ferretti who deserves the best. I don't really like Camera, so I'd rather call someone else as Bechis's back up.

• Anza is a good blocker

Sure, however considering her health situation I did not consider her as you can agree

• But is this roster official????
    I haven't seen any news about it in italian newspapers

• Any official sourse about this?? :white: I think this is total bullshit news.
    Del Core has already announced her retirement from NT, and also Bechis' presence doesn't make sense in my opinion. :white:
    Moreover, Croce returns for WCH 2014???? ahahaha are you kidding?

Del Core has already announced her retirement from NT, and also Bechis' presence doesn't make sense in my opinion. :white:

It's only March, no coach in his right mind would announce 12 player roster for WGP now 2 months before the team even started training :D
    The original poster seems to have a good fantasy...of course it's a POSSIBLE roster, but I'm sure we won't know the final roster before June/July.

I agree with you! It is a fake one... This can not be true ;) no link, no obe speaking about it in the italian forum, Del Core in when she said she will not play anymore...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I have a little question. Where are all those players who won the gold medal in Junior Championship 2011? Floriana Bertone, Laura Baggi, Chiara Scarabelli etc. Don't they have any chance to play in senior NT? Bertone is over 2m and Baggi seemed to be quite talented too, but I don't see them in Serie, or I couldn't find...

• Diouf, Camera, Pisani and Caterina Bosetti play in Serie A1. All the others are in Serie A2 and Serie B1. I really liked Alberti, who was the third MB of the team; she was better than Bertone, who's tall and very slow. Scarabelli played in Modena before disappared, now I don't know where she is.

• I wonder how this Baggi playing, she made a great start in the final against Brazil at the World Cup in 2011.

• I wonder how this Baggi playing, she made a great start in the final against Brazil at the World Cup in 2011.

Who did you mention, Laura Baggi? You've certainly mistaken, you thought not about World Cup 2011, but about Junior World Championship :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I have a little question. Where are all those players who won the gold medal in Junior Championship 2011? Floriana Bertone, Laura Baggi, Chiara Scarabelli etc. Don't they have any chance to play in senior NT? Bertone is over 2m and Baggi seemed to be quite talented too, but I don't see them in Serie, or I couldn't find...

Bertone is playing in A2 as a back up MB. Baggi is playing in B1(and I don't know why, she is talented and hope to see her at least in A2 next year). Scarabelli got seriously injured after those Junior WCH and had to stop playing for a long time, but apparently she is now almost fully recovered..she is a great talent, though her body seems to be a bit fragile.

As regards the other 2011 Junior World Champions, they all play in A1:
    Camera is starting setter in Conegliano (very normal setter, not particularly talented)
    Diouf as everybody knows is the opposite of Bergamo, and the future opposite of Italy NT.
    Caterina Bosetti is starting OH of Villa Cortese, and considering her age('94) she's having a great season.
    Pisani is Busto's MB but doesn't have many chances to play, Bauer and Arrighetti are obviously better and more experienced than her... but next year we'll see her as starting MB for sure, in Busto or in whatever other team which will allow her to play. She is a really great blocker, but has to improve her attacking skills.

• Thanks for the answer, Togutt. I was thinking that it's a bit strange. the players looked like they would be super-stars very soon but afterwards I can't even see them in serie A1.

I don't really like Camera's performances at all. she is only 21 yo and can develop a lot, but I think she's just an average setter who has limits...I mean she's okay, but that's it. just like Caracuta. Diouf on the other hand, she's just gifted. tall, powerful and has the potential to be a big player. she's only 20 this year and I hope she can manage her weak points. she definitely needs to move faster. Pisani is a good one as well. as you mentioned, she's not a great attacker, but an amazing blocker. she probably will have way more chances to play next season in her club. I believe she will be another Barazza for Italy NT :D

I didn't even know Scarabelli has been injuried. I really hope she recovers well and gets back soon. I really liked her in 2011.

Caterina Bosetti - Italy's most brilliant future.

• Thanks for the answer, Togutt. I was thinking that it's a bit strange. the players looked like they would be super-stars very soon but afterwards I can't even see them in serie A1.

Teams from Junior/Youth categories usually reveal 2-3 players for the Adult team. It´s very uncommon having a whole junior team playing high level on main NT . If Italy can get Diouf, Bosetti, Pisani and Camera, it´s already excellent for them!

• Italy have a big problem for this olympic cicle. They can't keep Gioli, Lo Bianco, Picci, Del Core, Cardullo, Costagrande and Barazza. A LOT of old players in only one team (age doesn't mean that they're playing badly, but we can't know anything about their future... this girls are too young for life, but not for another olympic cicle). If I could be Mencarelli this should be my team:

S: Camera, Rondon, Ferretti;
    OPP: Ortolani (for the following years), Diouf;
    OH: C. Bosetti, L. Bosetti, Barcellini, Di Iulio, Saccomani, Sorokaite;
    MB: Arrighetti, Guiggi, Folie, Garzaro;
    L: De Gennaro, Merlo;