The 2013 FIVB World Club Championships

Vakif - Unilever started.. Good match so far.. Fofao not playing.. any reasons?

Cause Bernardo wants to give her a rest. The match with Vakifbank isn't that important as Uni will face strong opponent in the semifinal anyway.

• Vakifbank played well as usual...specially Brakocevic.

I think Unilever played really poor individually...except Carol (that has been a great surprise this season I think). we made a lot of adjusting mistakes..that we are not used to..like players in doubt for who going to the ball, or the ball not going in the right place..that things...plus we made really poor game serving-blocking!

The reception was not perfect..but I think that was not a big problem..we have to deal with that..and there is why we must have counter-attacks.
    But Im sure things will improve A LOT with Fofão coming bak! Roberta is very unexperienced in game planning...so its really easy for a strong blocking team as Vakif to read her game..plus she set really poor today..so not even the basics were being enough for our wing attackers. foão uses much more the MBs, so makes a lot easier also on our ohs and opp. So Im hoping for a much better team game tomorrow.

It will be very hard..but well..lets fight! :) :super:

• Very nice match by Naz Aydemir. fast sets to Gozde and Costa, powerful sets to Brakocevic and great chemistry with Bahar and Furst.

• Very nice match by Naz Aydemir. fast sets to Gozde and Costa, powerful sets to Brakocevic and great chemistry with Bahar and Furst.

Agree! Also Costa's addition makes team more stable. Gözde's performance increase since she doesn't have to cover a huge space as she did for Glinka before :whistle:

• What a perfect match for Vakif...especially Naz :white: It seems like having Nikolic is simply useless since she can't help the team in reception nor attacks. Guldeniz is a better back-up OH.

• i am starting to think that Vb is pretty much unbeatable beast :white: seriously this squad will be legend at the end

I agree. I know many users predicted Vakif would be much weaker without Glinka, but the rest are still staying and I have a feeling that Costa will rock with Naz's fast sets. Of course I know she's not as great as like some years ago but is still a reliable player and her horrible performances in Italy NT were mostly because of her awful setter (Signorile :down: ) Plus, Gozde is the best turkish OH and Brakocevic has been a monster spiker and Naz has a fantastic chemistry with her middle attackers, so I would not be surprised if they win the champion title once again. for example both Fenerbahce and ECZ will have a hard time to get used to their new setter but Vakif won't...It's a big matter.

• I agree. I know many users predicted Vakif would be much weaker without Glinka, but the rest are still staying and I have a feeling that Costa will rock with Naz's fast sets. Of course I know she's not as great as like some years ago but is still a reliable player and her horrible performances in Italy NT were mostly because of her awful setter (Signorile :down: ) Plus, Gozde is the best turkish OH and Brakocevic has been a monster spiker and Naz has a fantastic chemistry with her middle attackers, so I would not be surprised if they win the champion title once again. for example both Fenerbahce and ECZ will have a hard time to get used to their new setter but Vakif won't...It's a big matter.

Vakifbank has the most Turkish NT-players in the roster. That is an extra advantage related to especially Fenerbahce for Turkish League.

For CL, I think it will be really close, because Fener has two outstanding players: Kim and Fe Garay.