2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Congrats to Vakifbank ! And BRAVO Cannes ! Very proud of them !
    Seeing Vakifbank's girls relief on their faces at the end of the match shows how close was this game ! Always a pleasure to watch that kind of game, it constitutes such a great showcase for high level volleyball ! Eventhough it brings (way too much) stress ... Ok, Gözde's attitude wasn't classy, but she certainly wanted to say by acting like that "2012 is NOT happening again" ! :lol:

• Yes. Then Nadia with her finger telling her mates "she's crazy". CEV should do something: every match we can find provocations, screams on opponent's faces. They have to say NO to this.

Yes. Then Nadia with her finger telling her mates "she's crazy". CEV should do something: every match we can find provocations, screams on opponent's faces. They have to say NO to this.

Raven I think yuo are wrong.. What Gozde was doing is not wrong.. I mean there is always a limit for everything and I think her behavior did not cross it.. you see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ejlaTRfsVg is wrong.... but this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV9azgy3v3Q makes it more interesting... although the referee warned her right away

• do you think Cannes is today stronger that Cannes in 2012 ?

It looks that no but the 2014 level is quite good too. I don't forget GS played without Montano ...
    This year Cannes team had many problems due to injuries and Bokan and Partenio needed time to adapt.

• It looks that no but the 2014 level is quite good too. I don't forget GS played without Montano ...
    This year Cannes team had many problems due to injuries and Bokan and Partenio needed time to adapt.

i mean if Cannes could have showed this level against FB then who knows we could have seen a tie break there.but they were bad.

• About behaviours : well I didn't find Gözde and Costagrande very classy but despite the big issue I think this game has been played in a very correct spirit. For instance congrats for both coaches Guidetti and Fang who have a great respect for each other.

• i mean if Cannes could have showed this level against FB then who knows we could have seen a tie break there.but they were bad.

That game was a mismatch! Sokolova>Centoni, Logan>Kozlova, Kim>Lipcer Samec, Fabiana>Rasic maybe just Ravva>Eda and Cardullo>Nihan.. Naz and Ana i can't compare since Ana was not playing superbly as she was now and Naz had better attackers there.. so no match

• I can't see any real difference between Larson's and Gozde's screams.

And I'm pissed off because they're both players that I rally love watching. :wall:

Well you should.. I love them too but as I said Gozde screams not into the players' face or just looks them in the eyes.. like I blocked you or something like that.. However it's your opinion and I respect it :win:

• That game was a mismatch! Sokolova>Centoni, Logan>Kozlova, Kim>Lipcer Samec, Fabiana>Rasic maybe just Ravva>Eda and Cardullo>Nihan.. Naz and Ana i can't compare since Ana was not playing superbly as she was now and Naz had better attackers there.. so no match

for today we cant say Naz had better attackers....Centoni better than Brako.....Yaneva better than Gözde and Partenio maybe worse than Costa or the same.....Rasiç is better than Fürst for this game....

i mean everything is not mis matching sometimes...

• Stats
    Well, stats say that Centoni was better than Brakocevic, Yaneva better than Gözde and Costagrande a bit better than Partenio. Overall Cannes was better, but Vakif grabbed Golden Set. The weakest in Turkish team of course OHs and Bahar, backup Libero wasn't bad ^^ Cannes of course miss good OH, Bokan is still a disappointment for me :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• for today we cant say Naz had better attackers....Centoni better than Brako.....Yaneva better than Gözde and Partenio maybe worse than Costa or the same.....Rasiç is better than Fürst for this game....

i mean everything is not mis matching sometimes...

By better attackers I meant those Fb players Kim, Fabiana, Eda, Logan, Sokolova than here in Vakif.. she then had better attackers and it's easier to set Kim how can crush any ball.. get me now?

• yes in 2012 ...
    FB got Kim, Liuba and Logan as OHs and OPP ...
    Difficult to believe that RCC was more powerful ...

• Stats
    Well, stats say that Centoni was better than Brakocevic, Yaneva better than Gözde and Costagrande a bit better than Partenio. Overall Cannes was better, but Vakif grabbed Golden Set. The weakest in Turkish team of course OHs and Bahar, backup Libero wasn't bad ^^ Cannes of course miss good OH, Bokan is still a disappointment for me :whistle:

Well Bahar was not that bad IMO.. she was horrible at serving but Naz only set her the first 2 sets.. and many of the sets could go nowhere but to her and Rasic and others jumped and blocked her.. she did not have an attack mistake as much as I can remember

• Anyway in 2012 there wasn't a Cannes/FB played in Cannes.
    So it's not unpleasant for me to imagine with you Canter :drink: , that Cannes would have won this game at home ;)

• Freya was also good today.

Agree, Cannes' middles didn't disappoint ^^ looking into stats I also see that Ravva had a small comeback :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• This time NO YOU CANNES't :wavy:

Bravo girls! :rose: :super: All of you had done a great job. I couldn't watch the match so I can say nothing about it but it is a great success. I think Vakıfbank is still the favourite in F4 despite this loss. I believe in you girls, you will get the title again :cup: :cup:

• it's good that vakif have 4 consistent weapons in their lineup while for cannes it was a centoni with a little bit of freya show yaneva only stepped upped in the 2nd game while rasic was neutralized in the series.