Brazilian League 2013/2014

• Sesi beat Osasco in the first match of the semifinals. It was Osasco's first defeat in the season.
    Amazing match by Fabiana+Dani Lins.
    Horrible match by Caterina, especially in the receiving.

• Sesi beat Osasco in the first match of the semifinals. It was Osasco's first defeat in the season.
    Amazing match by Fabiana+Dani Lins.
    Horrible match by Caterina, especially in the receiving.

Any video link? I'm surprised, Fabiana+Dani Lins combo is great but passing needs to be at a high level for it to work well.

• Any video link? I'm surprised, Fabiana+Dani Lins combo is great but passing needs to be at a high level for it to work well.

There isnt any link for full match yet, but Im sure someone will post soon.
    There is a link of the best moments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq6JIeq0IVc

• carol should be invited at the NT. not necessarily a starter but a reserve. her attack-block combo throughout this season is unbelievable. :heart:

• I cannot stand Ze Roberto! :down:

• that was very un-gentleman from ze-roberto, zeroing on claudinha. it's not her fault when the team's reception is non-existent.

Natalia is hopeless as an OH. she has been been an OH since 2009 and 5 years later, she hasn't improved one bit. she basically destroyed the team's chance in this match. with this, unilever's gabi will very much take natalia's spot in the NT. but then again, being ze roberto's favorite has it's benefits. :thumbdown:

• 8o 8o 8o What an ending! Congrats to Unilever!

• Wal killed her team in the tie break. What a mess. She doesnt look like a Olympic champion.

• Bernardo has called Dani Lins and other players son of the bitch and no one never complained about it.

• I've always complained about ZRG and Bernardinho. For all their wins, there is absolutely no reason to speak to another person like that under any circumstance. It's one thing to utter an expletive and another thing entirely to directly insult a player and take them aside like that. Natalia and Waleska were making a crazy amount of errors and he never directs those sort of comments towards them. Last year was AMIL's first season so it was an acceptable result but really this is a huge disappointment for them this season. They were better during the regular season and just didn't have the reception to win the series. Natalia and Tandara are both weak receivers and in the end it cost them. I am not even sure why Waleswka was put in the passing rotation in the latter sets, she made way too many errors.

• Wal killed her team in the tie break. What a mess. She doesnt look like a Olympic champion.

Yeah, let's put all the blame on one player and the reception mess also on her, cos she's the middle blocker and apparently she should have been the best receiver in her team :rolleyes: If there's one person to blame it's Ze - for putting her there in the crucial moment of the match when this system didn't work in the second and third sets. So why risk it in the tie-break is beyond me. But, yeah, Amil lost because of Walewska. And I thought it was her blocks and spikes that help Amil go into the fifth set, but I must've been watching another game. And who blocked Carol on 4th match point? Santa Claus, right?

Anyway, very emotional game, I thought Uni was done with breakdowns after that horrible tie-break against Pinheiros, but I was so wrong. Players from both sides collapsed mentally - Brankica couldn't kill a ball if her life depended on it, Sarah also. Tandara woke up in the middle of the fourth set collapsed at the end of the tie-break. Natalia, eh, well... just mess.
    Glad this is over, hope that Joana survived! :lol:

PS. Sesi! :super:

• I've always complained about ZRG and Bernardinho. For all their wins, there is absolutely no reason to speak to another person like that under any circumstance. It's one thing to utter an expletive and another thing entirely to directly insult a player and take them aside like that. Natalia and Waleska were making a crazy amount of errors and he never directs those sort of comments towards them. Last year was AMIL's first season so it was an acceptable result but really this is a huge disappointment for them this season. They were better during the regular season and just didn't have the reception to win the series. Natalia and Tandara are both weak receivers and in the end it cost them. I am not even sure why Waleswka was put in the passing rotation in the latter sets, she made way too many errors.

I agree on every point. I was complaining early in the season that Claudinha was setting only Tandara and some balls to Natalia and Kristin.. But how the season went on her connection with Kristin was on spot, so quick and precise sets Kristin killed every ball.. She was Campinas' only foreigner so they should've hired a MB, or a good passing OH. It's still a mystery for me why they did not transfer one of those players.. Either MB, because their 3 MB were not enough, or passing OH because neither of their 4 passers is a stable one..

• I've always complained about ZRG and Bernardinho. For all their wins, there is absolutely no reason to speak to another person like that under any circumstance. It's one thing to utter an expletive and another thing entirely to directly insult a player and take them aside like that. Natalia and Waleska were making a crazy amount of errors and he never directs those sort of comments towards them.

Sometimes I think Ze just has this thing with setters. Rememeber last World Champs and the game against Japan when Ze almost hit Fabiola? He screamed at her for two sets, he literally pushed her few times and was very, very boorish towards her. He often takes his setter on side and I hardly see him doing it with other players.

• I criticize the coach for the error tactics not so much for shouting at players cause it happens normally the only time i will complain regarding an interaction is when a coach suddenly beats up a player