Poland - PlusLiga 2013/2014

• Does anyone know when the 9°place final between Bydgoszcz and Gdansk will start?

We're done with playouts already. Gdańsk played Bielsko-Biała (12th) and finished 10th. Bydgoszcz (9th) - AZS Czewa (11th).

• I have never seen Zagumny with such a poor ball distribution. How could you set one of your OHs three balls in five sets??? 60 passes to Witczak, 41 to Kooy. I guess their tactics are pretty simple after all.

• We're done with playouts already. Gdańsk played Bielsko-Biała (12th) and finished 10th. Bydgoszcz (9th) - AZS Czewa (11th).

Thank you. I missed the matches for the 9° place between Gdansk and Bydgoszcz. Where I can find the result?

• Thank you. I missed the matches for the 9° place between Gdansk and Bydgoszcz. Where I can find the result?

I'm not really sure how playouts work right now with 12 teams, but I don't think there was such a match. Just one tie for each. To be honest, one more round in a closed league would be a truly pointless farce.

• I have never seen Zagumny with such a poor ball distribution. How could you set one of your OHs three balls in five sets??? 60 passes to Witczak, 41 to Kooy. I guess their tactics are pretty simple after all.

There's a rumour Ruciak has some health issues and Guma was trying to hide him in attack. The funny thing is that it actually worked, because Resovia didn't seem to notice :D maybe it was nerves.

EDIT: Yup, confirmed. He's on libero today.

• How the hell ZAKSA won both matches in Rzeszow? Yday they had 2:1, 20:16 and lose, today tragical performance in the end of sets :aww: can't believe they are making same mistakes every year. 5th match 3:0 for Resovia

• I'm not really sure how playouts work right now with 12 teams, but I don't think there was such a match. Just one tie for each. To be honest, one more round in a closed league would be a truly pointless farce.

Thanks! I thought I missed something... :lol:

• Crap, I almost missed such a show this 4th match between Sovia and Zaksa was. It happened that I was zapping and accidentally switched on Polsat Sport. You can't imagine how shocked I was seeing Sovia and Zaksa playing. Only because some genius yday told me Zaksa won 3:1 X( and I thought it was the end of rivalry. Didn't even come to my head to check the results :aww: So I had pretty much nice surprise. Even better surprise because Resovia DID IT :thumbsup: Honestly, I didn't believe they will manage to do this without Alek. Hats off, guys and sorry for not believing in you :obey: And well, Zaksa can't stop amusing me. Such losers... :aww: Sorry, but people laugh at Resovia and don't actually see this whole Zaksa case. And it's a heavy case, if u ask me. History proves. Season 2009/2010 if I remember well? They battled for bronze medal with Sovia. Cheesus, can't believe they didn't end this rivalry :wacko: Well, thank you for the opportunity and see you soon in Rzeszów :D

Nowakowski has the glimpses of the genius. Finally, 'cause important NT season ahead. On the other hand Możdżonek is worse and worse... I know I'm boring but Ignaczak is beyond any competition. He seems to scream through every defended ball that he's the king among the liberos. Some totally sick moves today :obey: I'm really proud of Penchev and Lotman duo. It wasn't the easiest job to do, and they somehow have to replace Alek. I don't believe in Veres at all. If someone would ask me, he would be my last choice from all 4 OHs Sovia has. Someone said it will be lost season for Penchev? Well, I see his development. And it's not only his body build :P I'm glad he is in the team. Now even more needed. Hope Fabian won't have reasons to shout at him any more. Seriously, didn't know Fabian can be that scary :lol: I guess Niki focused on a ball and didn't see his setter, that's all. Anyway, big game, guys :win: That's another lesson to never give up.

PS. Even injured Ruciak is better libero than Gacek.

PS2. Finally. I liked Kooy. Really. Even though his team lost.

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• Nowakowski has the glimpses of the genius. Finally, 'cause important NT season ahead. On the other hand Możdżonek is worse and worse... I know I'm boring but Ignaczak is beyond any competition. He seems to scream through every defended ball that he's the king among the liberos. Some totally sick moves today :obey: I'm really proud of Penchev and Lotman duo. It wasn't the easiest job to do, and they somehow have to replace Alek. I don't believe in Veres at all. If someone would ask me, he would be my last choice from all 4 OHs Sovia has. Someone said it will be lost season for Penchev? Well, I see his development. And it's not only his body build :P I'm glad he is in the team. Now even more needed. Hope Fabian won't have reasons to shout at him any more. Seriously, didn't know Fabian can be that scary :lol: I guess Niki focused on a ball and didn't see his setter, that's all. Anyway, big game, guys :win: That's another lesson to never give up.

PS. Even injured Ruciak is better libero than Gacek.

PS2. Finally. I liked Kooy. Really. Even though his team lost.

I totally agree abour this! Gacek is so poor. Veres is so useless. Igla is the best, always and forever! :teach:

• ZAKSA was today just horrible at the end of the sets, especially in 3rd and 4th, what was just painful to watch :wall: . The key thing in game was amount of errors - Resovia with 20, while ZAKSA with 34 :what: I wondered yesterday why Ruciak was hidden as spiker, but now I know that he has some arm problems and today he had good game as libero, replacing Gacek who's achilles tendon injury renewed. Alone Kooy wasn't enough for Sovia, Witczak wasn't as good as yesterday. From Sovia the best scorer was Perłowski ^^ finally Penchev got a chance to played more and he did his job well - he was named a MVP of game, Lotman, Igła and Nowakowski also showed good performance. Nice sub by Schoeps. Veres played tragically again :whistle:

ZAKSA - Resovia 2-2

Last game on Thursaday at 20:30 on Polsat Sport

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Today we had also matches for palces 5th-8th:

Indykpol AZS Olsztyn - Effector Kielce 3-2 (25-20 25-21 20-25 21-25 15-11) MVP: Grzegorz Szymański report

Szymański led Indykpol to win with good performance. On the other side of net the best were Poglajen and Mateusz Bieniek.

Indykpol - Effecotr 2-0

Cerrad Czarni Radom - AZS Politechnika Warszawska 2-3 (25-17 20-25 25-20 23-25 14-16) MVP: Artur Szalpuk report

Kooistra with 31 points wasn't enough for a win. From Politechnika the best were Szapuk and Gontariu

Politechnika - Czarni 2-0

We don't have matches for 7th place, so Cerrad Czarni Radom is 7th and Effector Kielce 8th. Indykpol will fight against Poltechnika for 5th place - a place in Challenge Cup. Effector with Czarni will fight for 7th place.

Edited 3 times, last by kondzio ().

• Sovia won, Olsztyn won, Arsenal won, BVB kicked some Bavarian ass. A perfect day of sports for the Bugg :drink:

• Previously people used to record matches from the PlusLiga. What happened? I can't find any games from the current season and I missed the entire semifinal series so far.

• Unfortunately I can't record matches, but I know where are there on the internet. Many, maybe even all broadacsted on Polsat matches are here: http://www.ipla.tv/Sport/16940-Siatkowka/1731-Plusliga

I worry that website may either requie Polish IP or there is need to pay for it ot both criteria :whistle:

• Semifinal:

Jastrzębski Węgiel - PGE Skra Bełchatów 0-3 (23-25 18-25 17-25) MVP: Nicolas Uriarte report

Skra in each set got few points advantage from start till 2nd TTO and it was hard for JW to come back to game. The easiest was in 1st set, hen Skra had some obstacles in the end, but managed to take the set. Poor game by Łasko, Kubiak also could've played better. The best from JW were Marechal. Pajenk and Van De Voorde. Masny wasn't also the same good setter, that's the reason why Bernardi gave Filipov more playing time in such an important game. Wojtaszek had some problems in reception. From Skra pair Wlazły - Conte played next game with high % as spikers, today with big support by Wrona. I expected better performance by JW and it was disappointing. Skra is first finalist and qualified to CL 2014/15.

Skra - JW 3-0

• Decided to wait with the comment 'cause right after the match it would only consist of :aww: and :wall: and :mad: and :hit:and :read:

Ah, congrats to the Bees. I admit with a heavy heart they fully deserved to be in this final. They didn't let Jastrzębie spread their wings. And true that Jastrzębie weren't themselves. Nothing actually worked. They defended balls, fought, I really felt that... It wasn't enough for Skra this time, that's all :( Hope they will find energy to grab this bronze :S As for the Bees, well, they turned out to be pretty fantastic team, I didn't expect I will enjoy their game this much, not since Winiarski is not there. But duo Wlazły & Conte is like the top shelf magic. With the Magic One - Uriarte :rolleyes: Add middles to this and Antiga who never gets old - perfect mix. Won't talk about Zatorski 'cause still he doesn't convince me at all :sleeping: Wojtaszek can know about receiving as much as a pig know about stars and still I pick him. Probably stupid thinking but I don't give a damn.

Time for Resovia. I really want to regain faith in happy endings.

• Upcoming Matches:

Semifinal:
    17.04 Asseco Resovia Rzeszów - ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle 20:30 Polsat Sport

5th Place: (3 wins)
    Indykpol AZS Olsztyn - AZS Politechnika Warszawska
    18.04 18:00, 19.04 16:00 - Indykpol host
    26.04, 27.04 (if necessary) - Politechnika host 27.04 if necessary
    30.04 - Indykpol host, if necessary

7th Place: (2 wins)
    Effector Kielce - Cerrad Czarni Radom
    17.04 18:00 - Effector host
    25.04, 26.04 - Czarni host 26.04 if necessary