Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• One reason that they took the financial risk of hosting this event is that federation needs the government fundings which are highly related to the olympic "status". If neither men nor woman qualifies there will be big financial problems in the next four years, mainly due to the lack of private sponsorship for volleyball.

But it's a vicious circle, once they don't qualify, they won't qualify for ever because they don't have money.

• Hope dies last.. maybe 3rd Team from Africa, probably Algeria won't come to Easy Tournament and instead of will come Germany.. Olympics without such sexy Team..

• Still Need to physically Recover. that was the Most dramatic match i ever hard to endure.....

Congrats to polish fans and team

Difficult times for german volleyball Ahead.....

• Still Need to physically Recover. that was the Most dramatic match i ever hard to endure.....

Congrats to polish fans and team

Difficult times for german volleyball Ahead.....

Not only for german volleyball. For Bulgaria too.We need ASAP to change the generations.Vlado Nikolov says that he retires from the NT, Tedi Salparov says that he will play yet with NT only on big tournaments if he is needed and etc. Zhekov is maybe out from NT for sure. We should play with more young players and probably this means a lot of troubles for Bulgarian NT and etc.Missing from Olympic games will cause a lot of difficult moments for us because we don't have many resources to keep this level.But we will see.

• I watched only the last two sets... What a show! It was so entertaining and tense! Congrats to Poland for a well deserved second (third, actually ^^) chance for the OG, but I'm also really sorry for Germany, they were so close!

Oh my God.... One of the most exciting matches in my life

I feel you!!! Yesterday W Italy was almost in the exact same situation, a tie break vs the host! I burst in tears and the end of the matches xD

Good to see that even if FIVB tried to screw it uo, both on woman men competitions the ones that should qualify, made it

I agree, after all it kinda worked so far.
    If the ECH was the one to qualificate for OG/Japan, Russia and Poland (and Italy for the Women) would have lost every chance to go to Rio... In the ECH the number of the teams is double and that force high ranked teams to face each other in direct elimination match before the semi...
    Still, I believe that the winner of the ECH should directly go to the OG (after all, Russia's girls will be in Rio and France in will be in Japan or Rio) and the second and the third should go to the European Qualification Tournament no matter of the ranking (aka, I would have loved a chance for Slovenia).

• Congracts Poland :drink:
    From first chance in WC to the edge of the cliff in this tournament, They made it finally!

• Agree, but the ECH cannot be organised 2 weeks after WC. It would be very unfair to the team that would have to play a decisive tournament only 2 weeks after playing the most exhausting tournament of all.

• :thumbup: I haven't seen grankin playing like this for a long time.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: