Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Croatia has 34 names, and 22 Players with numbers and that is "shorter" list, 17-18 players will practice together. And they will take 12 players in Turkey. My predictions :)

• What scares me about Russia is that Sokolova is actually registered as #5. Usually they registered her under any other shirt number when Pasynkova as normal #5 was there just to have her in the list in case a miracle happens, but when she was registered as #5 in the past most of the times she actually was in the final team.

• Most of the lists are the prelimnary. Until 27th of November each federation was obligated to send CEV 04 form (to register all potential players). Right now until 4th of December they must to narrow it to 22 players (CEV 05 form). We need to wait and see who will make the cut.

• Italy:

S: Ferretti, Malinov, Orro, Signorile
    Opp: Centoni, Diouf, Ortolani
    MBs: Bonifacio, Chirichella, Danesi, Folie, Guiggi
    OHs: Caterina Bosetti, Lucia Bosetti, Del Core, Egonu, Gennari, Guerra, Piccinini
    L: De Gennaro, Sansonna, Sirressi

• Italy:

S: Ferretti, Malinov, Orro, Signorile
    Opp: Centoni, Diouf, Ortolani
    MBs: Bonifacio, Chirichella, Danesi, Folie, Guiggi
    OHs: Caterina Bosetti, Lucia Bosetti, Del Core, Egonu, Gennari, Guerra, Piccinini
    L: De Gennaro, Sansonna, Sirressi

No Lo Bianco, Tirozzi, Sorokaite, Rondon?

Its official?

• No Lo Bianco, Tirozzi, Sorokaite, Rondon?

Its official?

I think their absence is justified. The squad seems proper to me. Sorokaite surely does not deserve a spot based on her horrible season so far - she could have been there just because of her transcendent serve, but still, the fundamental attribute, bread and butter for a OPP is to score and when that seems so difficult to carry through I see no empty space for her at the expense of the likes of Ortolani, Centoni which displayed head and shoulders better stability in the attacking aspect. She could have expelled Diouf, but with her height advantage against shorter blocks she will probably always represent a desirable quality for this nation which fills a required void no one else in the formation can live up to in parallel to what Sorokaite offers in terms of serve. In the light of this circumstances, where we have a pair of hightly volatile attackers it comes down to the determining question of which special quality is the most useful weapon, Sorokaites serve or Dioufs height, and the answer could be either way but I understand the choice of the latter. About Tirozzi, her season so far in Casalmaggiore have been disappointing to say the least where shes been a living powder keg in attack and she lacks height so to drop her seems justified to me.

• Lo Bianco and Sorokaite aren't doing well at all. Tirozzi is just a decent player. I haven't seen Rondon yet in this season.

I agree with Bonitta's calls.

I'd cut Signorile and Malinov among the setters. Both the Bosettis and Gennari, but Piccinini's shape is a question mark at the moment. One between Chirichella and Bonifacio. Diouf and Sansonna.

• All 22 player rosters are now available on CEV site on the match pages:

NED & GER
    CRO & TUR
    POL & RUS
    BEL & ITA

Absences: NED - Flier (pregnant), GER - Hippe, POL - Bednarek, RUS - Kryuchkova, Isaeva, ITA - Arrighetti (injured), Lo Bianco, Sorokaite, Tirozzi

(Possible) Returns: GER - Fürst, Ssuschke-Voigt, Lippmann, TUR - Bahar, Neslihan, Özge Cemberci (unlikely since she's only Nr 22), CRO - Gligorovic, POL - Tomsia, Radecka, Jagielo, RUS - Sokolova (please no!), Shlyakhovaya, BEL - Bland, Rousseaux, ITA - Ortolani, Signorile, Ferretti, Piccinini

• On this Sunday, Eczaci's manager said to us, Fürst is going to play NT in Ankara for Olympic-Quali.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• She is not the same as before but she will help Germany for sure.

• Lo Bianco and Sorokaite aren't doing well at all. Tirozzi is just a decent player. I haven't seen Rondon yet in this season.

I agree with Bonitta's calls.

I'd cut Signorile and Malinov among the setters. Both the Bosettis and Gennari, but Piccinini's shape is a question mark at the moment. One between Chirichella and Bonifacio. Diouf and Sansonna.

Oh c'mon, let's be honest, Leo's absence has nothing to do with her performances, it's surely not her fault if Bergamo in not doing great. What could you blame her for? She's neither Superwoman, nor a marathon runner. Bonitta wasn't born yesterday, he understands that very well and that's why Gennari (who's playing much worse than Leo, btw) is in. Bergamo uncertain season is just the perfect excuse he was waiting for to leave her out since the WCH, where he had to rely on her even if he didn't want to. He doesn't want her in the group, that's all. I don't know, maybe he's right, this could be the push the team needs, like it was the exclusion of Cacciatori in 2002, only time and results will tell.

• What about the relationship between Piccinini and Lo Bianco? Are they even on talking terms? I remember there was a big story some years ago...in summer Lo Bianco was there and Piccinini was not, now Piccinini is there and Lo Bianco is not...

• What about the relationship between Piccinini and Lo Bianco? Are they even on talking terms? I remember there was a big story some years ago...in summer Lo Bianco was there and Piccinini was not, now Piccinini is there and Lo Bianco is not...

I believe this is part of the reason he doesn't want her there...

• Oh c'mon, let's be honest, Leo's absence has nothing to do with her performances, it's surely not her fault if Bergamo in not doing great. What could you blame her for? She's neither Superwoman, nor a marathon runner. Bonitta wasn't born yesterday, he understands that very well and that's why Gennari (who's playing much worse than Leo, btw) is in. Bergamo uncertain season is just the perfect excuse he was waiting for to leave her out since the WCH, where he had to rely on her even if he didn't want to. He doesn't want her in the group, that's all. I don't know, maybe he's right, this could be the push the team needs, like it was the exclusion of Cacciatori in 2002, only time and results will tell.

I never liked her. She more boring than ever. Ferretti outplays her in every setting skill right now. And Bonitta is right leaving her at home. Her shape sucks. Her games are nothing more than decent. And don't forget few players openly said they didn't want him as coach in 2006, all of them aren't part anymore of the NT; she's has been hiding behind those players all along. Her closest friends are no longer part of the NT. So, great call by Bonitta. He cleaned this NT from the bosses. Good job. :obey:

• I never liked her. She more boring than ever. Ferretti outplays her in every setting skill right now. And Bonitta is right leaving her at home. Her shape sucks. Her games are nothing more than decent. And don't forget few players openly said they didn't want him as coach in 2006, all of them aren't part anymore of the NT; she's has been hiding behind those players all along. Her closest friends are no longer part of the NT. So, great call by Bonitta. He cleaned this NT from the bosses. Good job. :obey:

Yeah we know, she's the worst setter ever and the reason of every problem of the world, in fact she's very probably also the mind behind ISIS.

Oh, just FYI, Piccinini together with her dear friend Paola Paggi and Simona Rinieri were the leaders of the "let's kick out Bonitta" movement.

• Paggi wans't part of the NT. She joined once to replace Lo Bianco's best friend Simona Gioli in 2006. :lol: Go talking about things you actually know.
    Bonitta is not a fool. If Piccinini actually did something against him, he would never call her again to NT. Thing which happened to Lo Bianco last summer, then Ferretti injured and we all know how it ended. :wavy:

• Paggi wans't part of the NT. She joined once to replace Lo Bianco's best friend Simona Gioli in 2006. :lol: Go talking about things you actually know.
    Bonitta is not a fool. If Piccinini actually did something against him, he would never call her again to NT. Thing which happened to Lo Bianco last summer, then Ferretti injured and we all know how it ended. :wavy:

Here you are directly with Bonitta's words the proof of what I said. Remember, I try never to talk about things I don't know.

(I'm going to quote Bonitta's book "La riga e il cerchio". I will translate just the concept, not word by word.)

Here he talks about Piccinini:

"Anche lei era tra chi ruppe con me nel 2006, anzi di quelle ragazze era
    la pasionaria: in quella vicenda, ci mise la faccia anche in maniera
    importante"

"She was also in the group who broke up with me in 2006 and she was the more passionate: she literally was the face of the movement"

Here he talks about Paggi:
    "Come non ho mai mandato giù quello che mi disse Paola Paggi quando litigammo con il gruppo, nel 2006."
    "I never accepted what Paola Paggi told me when we fought with the group in 2006"

"Mi urlò: «Non ti vogliamo più, lo vuoi capire?» Ma non fu tanto il contenuto, quanto il modo esagerato. Paola ha avuto un ruolo importante nella rottura, era molto amica della Piccinini."

"She yelled at me: "We don't want you anymore! Do you understand?" It wasn't what she said, but the way, it was too much. Paola had an important role in the break up, she was a very close friend of Piccinini."

And goodbye to you, have a nice day :wavy:

• Yes, in the end everyone wanted him to leave, but it started differently, with just few players leading the others to the change.

During the World Grand Prix the was the last deep cut between the team + Micelli against Bonitta. Everyone came out and exposed her position, only one stayed in the shadows as usual. The were big fights between players and coach. Most of them were against the coach because of his rude attitude with the team. Most of them changed their mind, leaving the neutral position and chosing the team.

Right after the change of coach, new "leaders" showed up. The two leaders of the players during Bonitta's era never got a chance to play for the NT anymore, the one hiding in the shadows kept chosing her back up and forcing the call of someone very close to her and ruled the team with her best friend.

He talked about Piccinini, Paggi (who was there for a while), Rinieri, Togut... He never talked about Lo Bianco for a reason. :wavy: