Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Turkey will start their 2nd training camp in Ankara today, and will play a friendly with Croatia on 29.12 and Poland on 31.12

The roster is:

S: Naz Akyol, Özge Kirdar

MB: Eda Erdem, Kübra Akman, Büsra Cansu, Bahar Toksoy Guidetti

OH/OPP: Hande Baladin, Gözde Kirdar, Gözde Yilmaz, Neslian Demir Güler, Neriman Özsoy, Güldeniz Önal, Polen Uslupehlivan

L: Gizem Karadayi, Merve Dalbeler

So one player to cut left.

• Great to see Özge back in NT :thumbsup: hard to choose player to cut, probably one from OH/OP among Hande, Gözde Y. and Polen...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• They won't leave Kubra home...

Fehrat making the same mistake - he leaves Orge home and takes both Karadayi and Merve.. The last player to be cut should be Yilmaz. She is a disaster in Italy

Of course not, but they will play with Bahar/Eda duo for sure!

The thing is, what did Turkey achieve in the past few years where Kübra Akamn joined the A team? I remember anything! With Bahar and Eda duo Turkey was more succesful than with Kübra now.

She is still too slow!

• Of course not, but they will play with Bahar/Eda duo for sure!

The thing is, what did Turkey achieve in the past few years where Kübra Akamn joined the A team? I remember anything! With Bahar and Eda duo Turkey was more succesful than with Kübra now.

She is still too slow!

I agree, but Eda back there was much better. They had a receiving libero - Gulden.. great Neslihan.. Naz was better then. That team can't be compared to this one

• Gizem Örge was cut from roster :white: :mad: :wall: Neither Gizem Karadayı nor Merve Dalbeler is good receiver, which is known by any mediocre volleyball supporter :rolleyes: Dalbeler is not even playing any match in the league. There is simply no point to take her over Gizem Örge :read:

The last player to be cut must be Gözde Yılmaz. Both Polen and Hande are performing better than Gözde as Opp and Neslihan is irreplacable with her experience and reception skills. Neslihan as receiving Opp and Neriman only focusing on attacking would be the best strategy. For MBs, Eda's slot is reserved but I expect a rotation between Kübra and Bahar. I hope Bahar would keep her good shape in NT too. For setters, I would choose Nilay over Özge. Nilay is quite risky as a starter setter but she always did a pretty good job as a backup setter. On the other hand Özge is very very bad as backup setter. She almost always makes a technical direct mistakes whenever she enters to the game in a critical moment (remember 2012 OG) Also Nilay has already been training with both Neslihan and Hande so she could perform better in the case of double substitution.

What about other teams roster? Hasn't all final 14 rosters published?

• Gizem Örge was cut from roster :white: :mad: :wall: Neither Gizem Karadayı nor Merve Dalbeler is good receiver, which is known by any mediocre volleyball supporter :rolleyes: Dalbeler is not even playing any match in the league. There is simply no point to take her over Gizem Örge :read:

The last player to be cut must be Gözde Yılmaz. Both Polen and Hande are performing better than Gözde as Opp and Neslihan is irreplacable with her experience and reception skills. Neslihan as receiving Opp and Neriman only focusing on attacking would be the best strategy. For MBs, Eda's slot is reserved but I expect a rotation between Kübra and Bahar. I hope Bahar would keep her good shape in NT too. For setters, I would choose Nilay over Özge. Nilay is quite risky as a starter setter but she always did a pretty good job as a backup setter. On the other hand Özge is very very bad as backup setter. She almost always makes a technical direct mistakes whenever she enters to the game in a critical moment (remember 2012 OG) Also Nilay has already been training with both Neslihan and Hande so she could perform better in the case of double substitution.

What about other teams roster? Hasn't all final 14 rosters published?

I'm so glad that you are not defending Yilmaz and blaming for someone else :rolleyes: Her season in Italy is disastrous, I would be really surprised if she makes it to Ankara.
    I guess each team already decided the final 14 players but they just haven't announced it yet.

As far as I saw from a dutch TV Debby Pilon-Stam was training with other girls, I really hope we see her in Ankara :heart:

• Polish roster was known when Zaroślińska was cut ^^

S: Joanna Wołosz, Izabela Bełcik
    OP: Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata (also OH), Berenika Tomsia (also OH)
    OH: Anna Werblińska, Natalia Kurnikowska, Aleksandra Jagieło, Anna Grejman
    MB: Kamila Ganszczyk, Sylwia Pycia, Gabriela Polańska, Zuzanna Efimienko
    L: Paulina Maj-Erwardt, Aleksandra Krzos

There are two options of possible line-up: with Skowrońska and Tomsia on court simultaneously - worse passing but stronger hitting power, used in NT many times, even on OQT 2012 with Kowalińska as OH ^^
    Maybe Tomsia could be tried on left wing ?( :roll:

Second option is classic one: with Werblińska and Kurnikowska as OHs and Skowrońska as OP - passing can be a little bit better but power is lower

I hope to see Ganszczyk as starting MB too, but Nawrocki probably prefers duo from Budowlani: Polańska-Pycia

Nawrocki wants to rely on groups from clubs, we have 3 such groups:
    Passing line from Muszyna: Kurnikowska-Grejman-Krzos
    Passing line with Setters from Chemik: Werblińska-Jagieło-Maj-Erwardt and Wołosz-Bełcik
    Middle from Budowlani mentioned above

• To me Efimienko's presence over Tokarska is a big question, she's simply not on that level, Tokarska isn't so much better though.

Interesting to see only four defensive OHs, I hope they try either Tomsia or Skowronska as OH. Kurnikowska is a good player IMO, she can replace Werblinska when she's done with NT.

• Well, IMHO Kurnikowska shouldn't be called "defensive:, I'd rather call her "all-round", or even "offensive" ^^

Merve is not playing any match in the league 8| ..??? Yes, in the last previous weeks i think she was injured and that's why she was not playing but she is still the main libero in fener, she played all the important matches (Vakif, Eczaci and CL matches). For me, Merve is the best defensive libero in Turkey right now.
    I don't like Gizem Orge.. a great receiver but at the same time she can not dig a single a ball in the big matches.

• Merve is not playing any match in the league 8| ..??? Yes, in the last previous weeks i think she was injured and that's why she was not playing but she is still the main libero in fener, she played all the important matches (Vakif, Eczaci and CL matches). For me, Merve is the best defensive libero in Turkey right now.
    I don't like Gizem Orge.. a great receiver but at the same time she can not dig a single a ball in the big matches.

Nobody claims that Gizem is great digger. That's why we should play with two libero in rotation. Merve's reception is as bad as Karadayı, she can't pass even easy balls well enough. If Ferhat doesn't want to use two libero system,still we should use Gizem Örge. When you have Neriman in the reception lineup, digging should not be as big concern as reception :whistle:

• I'm so glad that you are not defending Yilmaz and blaming for someone else :rolleyes: Her season in Italy is disastrous, I would be really surprised if she makes it to Ankara.
    I guess each team already decided the final 14 players but they just haven't announced it yet.

As far as I saw from a dutch TV Debby Pilon-Stam was training with other girls, I really hope we see her in Ankara :heart:

It is Gözde's first season abroad, that's why I didn't expected any phenomenal performance. Reception has always been a weakness for her,their libero might be the worse one in the league so I imagine being in such a reception line up should be quite hard for her. But I am really happy she has the guts to take the risk to play abroad and did not accept to stay in the bench of top teams. :rose:

Can anybody comment on current shape of van Hecke? Albrecht and Heyrman seem to be in good condition. Leys is also showing a consistent performance in Galatasaray. I wonder if they can make any surprises to Poland :whistle:

• It is Gözde's first season abroad, that's why I didn't expected any phenomenal performance. Reception has always been a weakness for her,their libero might be the worse one in the league so I imagine being in such a reception line up should be quite hard for her. But I am really happy she has the guts to take the risk to play abroad and did not accept to stay in the bench of top teams. :rose:

Can anybody comment on current shape of van Hecke? Albright and Heyrman seem to be in good condition. Let's is also showing a consistent performance in Galatasaray. I wonder if they can make any surprises to Poland :whistle:

Honestly, Poland can grab second place in a pool or even lost every match, so Belgium can surprise not only Poland but also Italy. It will be an interesting battle between this 3 teams. IMHO Russia is beyond. I'm curious about Van Hecke's shape :?:

• I'm a little bit anxious about Berenika's performance. She's doing well in SeriaA1, but she hasn't played on attack in a such important tournament. I hope to see Polańska in starting six, she's the best attacker among ours MB.

• It is Gözde's first season abroad, that's why I didn't expected any phenomenal performance. Reception has always been a weakness for her,their libero might be the worse one in the league so I imagine being in such a reception line up should be quite hard for her. But I am really happy she has the guts to take the risk to play abroad and did not accept to stay in the bench of top teams. :rose:

Can anybody comment on current shape of van Hecke? Albright and Heyrman seem to be in good condition. Let's is also showing a consistent performance in Galatasaray. I wonder if they can make any surprises to Poland :whistle:

Yamamay's setter is not the best in Italian league either. I wrote a really long text in another thread here, sorry for repeating but as you said, their libero is probably not the best receiver in the league either. Gözde Yilmaz can be a bad receiver, but she has been a good attacker even when she played in a really bad team in Turkey, at Sariyer Belediyesi when they were about to delegate and still she has been one of the top scorers as OH. I can blame her for her bad receiving stats or defense but if she is attacking with only 15-20% each game, then you better watch their matches and see how the sets are. :down: