2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Probably because CZE is up 2:0 with Smutna as setter ;) But I don't like their style of play....and I find it rude of Parisi that he still speaks Italian to the team, he could at least speak English, half of the team has no idea what he tells them...

Thats why their woman assistant translates all the time...I think only Havelkova, Vanzurova, Havlickova and Smutna can understand him, nobody else does...

• Goodness, What a silly mistake by Isimtseva :rolll: Czech team probably will win this match but their volleyball is completely boring...

• I think Havelkova can play as defensive OH in Busto, so they can consider to put Perry as OH in stead of Marcon... so far, Helena has been so consistent both in reception and basic defense. Hopefully Parisi won't rely on only 2 players in reception.

Kazakh #4 reminds me of Sarka Barborkova with her hair :D

• Let me conclude the performance of Croatia and Czech Republic, any different opinions are always welcome!

Croatia - If they played against Czech Republic a bit later, they could have had more chances to win. But overall they played quite well despite not having Popovic and Poljak. Grbac should manage to calm her nerves down when the match gets tighter, otherwise she can't be sure about her spot (1st setter of the team). Ivana Milos was just unstoppable, can't wait to see her fighting against stronger teams. I completely agree about her being extremely underrated. Hopefully Ana or Bernarda sets her more, she will for sure make more points. Jerkov and Fabris also played well. Usic was really bad against Czech Republic but got much better in the next two matches. But I still think she's not strong enough to be starter over Mira Topic. Bernarda Cutuk lacks experiences and she always looked so nervous, well for sure, it was her debut as starter. She will play much better next week, she just needs more works with her setter. Marija Usic was not that bad as unexpected...sometimes Jerkov and her sister Senna had to cover her, but overall her performance was fine. Too bad that Klaric and Jelic weren't tried as much as I wanted them to be. Alajbeg was also okay, however when Popovic gets back to team, she should play as defensive back-up OH for Jerkov or S.Usic.

Czech Republic - 3 wins and they're definitely going to the final without any doubts, but their style of play makes me asleep...Smutna is an okay setter and does her job well, but she definitely lacks of creativity, confidence as well as experience. It's not actually difficult at all to win over Kazakhstan and Australia only with 3 attackers, but she shouldn't forget that she has 2 middle attackers too. Nikol Sajdova can play well in slide attacks but she never got enough balls to hit. I don't know why Parisi puts Smutna as starter because Vincourova was tried as starter last year in ECH and she wasn't bad at all. Although I believe Smutna has developed a lot under Parisi's coaching system. Havelkova, Vanzurova and Havlickova played good, especially Tereza Vanzurova seems to be a much better player than last year. (Maybe it's only because they fought against weaker teams except Croatia...) She hits faster and became a better passer... Oh well, I shouldn't forget to mention about the 19yo new MB Veronika Trnkova. She made more than 15 blocks within 3 matches which is really amazing. I think she will fight with Milos for the best blocker award. She's quite weak in attacks but in terms of blocks, she just rocked this round. Their libero Chulmska also was okay but I would prefer Julie Jasova who is at home currently ;)

• Let me conclude the performance of Croatia and Czech Republic, any different opinions are always welcome!

Croatia - If they played against Czech Republic a bit later, they could have had more chances to win. But overall they played quite well despite not having Popovic and Poljak. Grbac should manage to calm her nerves down when the match gets tighter, otherwise she can't be sure about her spot (1st setter of the team). Ivana Milos was just unstoppable, can't wait to see her fighting against stronger teams. I completely agree about her being extremely underrated. Hopefully Ana or Bernarda sets her more, she will for sure make more points. Jerkov and Fabris also played well. Usic was really bad against Czech Republic but got much better in the next two matches. But I still think she's not strong enough to be starter over Mira Topic. Bernarda Cutuk lacks experiences and she always looked so nervous, well for sure, it was her debut as starter. She will play much better next week, she just needs more works with her setter. Marija Usic was not that bad as unexpected...sometimes Jerkov and her sister Senna had to cover her, but overall her performance was fine. Too bad that Klaric and Jelic weren't tried as much as I wanted them to be. Alajbeg was also okay, however when Popovic gets back to team, she should play as defensive back-up OH for Jerkov or S.Usic.

What do you mean defensive? Alajbeg is an OPP and she for sure can't receive better than those 2.. I think when Sanja is back she'll be out :| About Senna, I agree with you about her performance. In the last two there were some combinations between her and Ana, which I liked, like short ball in zone 2, short ball in zone 4, some crossing... It allowed her to score better.. let's see how her game will progress in the next weeks

• What do you mean defensive? Alajbeg is an OPP and she for sure can't receive better than those 2.. I think when Sanja is back she'll be out :| About Senna, I agree with you about her performance. In the last two there were some combinations between her and Ana, which I liked, like short ball in zone 2, short ball in zone 4, some crossing... It allowed her to score better.. let's see how her game will progress in the next weeks

Sorry, Man. I meant "Offensive" :drink:

• Ivana Milos

vs Czech Republic : 12 points (7 attacks, 5 blocks)
    vs Kazakhstan : 14 points (9 attacks, 5 blocks)
    vs Australia : 14 points (8 attacks 8/8 100% :white: 6 blocks)

• Are Plchotova, Pastulova and Manzoni injured or retired from NT? They were quite good MBs, at least better than Sajdova and Trnkova (I can't be convinced by only her blocking performance against weak teams)

Also where is Inna Matyeva from Kazakh team :teach:

• Are Plchotova, Pastulova and Manzoni injured or retired from NT? They were quite good MBs, at least better than Sajdova and Trnkova (I can't be convinced by only her blocking performance against weak teams)

Also where is Inna Matyeva from Kazakh team :teach:

Well, I read that Monzoni retired, but I don't know if it's true (someone from Greece posted it some time ago...) and I'm surprised where are other Czech players ?( maybe Parisi just wants to make this team younger, we also had rotation on S position, we don't have Muhlsteinova or Kubinova :teach:

about Kazakh team: I saw both Inna Matveyeva (between Omelchenko and Anarkulova) and Olga Nassedkina (next to Mudritskaya) on team's picture from that tournament and I'm surprised why these two weren't in roster at all (they didn't play in Yeltsin Cup neither...) :what:
    http://www.fivb.org/Vis2009/Im…etImage.asmx?No=201430726

anyway I'm surprised because most teams call only 12 player for their line-ups, even though there are team like Kazakshtan or Mexico who had 14 and didn't use those 2 :whistle: meanwhile in Peru we have tournament where only Belgium uses 12, while Peru. Poland and Canada all have match 14 :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think Monzoni retired, nothing is so certain right now but I still believe so. Too bad because I liked her the most among czech MBs. Pastulova on the other hand got married some weeks ago, she's enjoying her wedding life. Pluchotova played so bad last year in NT, so I'm not surprised that she's out. I don't know how she played last year in Poland, but her time in NT is already over, Trnkova can be better than her in a few years. Sajdova is a good slide attacker and Rutarova(198cm) is the same kind of player as Pastulova. So, I don't think any of them is missed...

Plus if Smutna keeps that style of volleyball, It never matters who the MBs are unless they're Thaisa and Akinradewo :wavy:

• Alessia Safronova is a good mb..why not playing in the national team?

maybe they don't need her, Omelchenko and Anarbayeva did their job quite good, however their alternate Issayeva isn't so good and there's also experienced Nassedkina ^^ or maybe Safronova refused to be here, who knows :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Safronova will play as local player in Turkey so I think she wouldn't be accepted as local player if she played in Kazakh NT. Because Sokolova couldn't play as local player in Turkey because of that.