2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• 25-23 Russia takes first set.

Excellent first set. I wish the level don't go down.

• This is volleyball...any of this two teams will win gold and bronze.

I agree. There is a big quality difference between the first semi-final and this one. Too bad they play against each other in semi-finals.

• Zaryazhko is a key player in the step ahead of Russia play. She makes a great couple of middles blockers with Fetisova

• Zaryazhko is a key player in the step ahead of Russia play. She makes a great couple of middles blockers with Fetisova

agree, I wonder why Marichev didn't choose Irina to be in Japan :S they would have qualified to Rio :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kosiaenenko is doing nothing but setting to Kosheleva :aww:

What' wrong with that? She set most balls to Koshaleva and Russia won 2 sets. Volleyball is simple, you set the ball to the players you think can kill the ball. Besides, Serbia could not stop Koshaleva yet, so this strategy works fine.

Coming back to your comment tomorrow, I guess you are watching all these triple blocks and the quality of block/defense and attacks. The problem is, Dijkema has to play with great varieties tomorrow, if Slöetjes does not find a way to get over triple blocks. Today she used Buijs/Slöetjes against Turkey mainly, but tomorrow she will need more than that. And I think Russia and Serbia deserve to be number 1 and 2.

• Yes, for Russia or Serbia it will be easy to beat Dutch team.

• Boşkoviç is not able to collect the crucial points today..she should be replaced maybe

You are right, but Terzic shouldn't replace her, Bjelica isn't good enough.

• [quote='kondzio','index.php?page=Thread&postID=300333#post300333'agree, I wonder why Marichev didn't choose Irina to be in Japan :S they would have qualified to Rio :wavy:[/quote]

Yeah, you are probably right. Russia with Scherban giving a stable reception and Zaryazhko playing instead Orlova (I don't know what Marichev see better in Orlova than Irina :what: ) would have increased the chances of Russia to get the ticket to Rio directly.

Russia takes second set 25-23 again, but for me this set was won by Russia deservedly.

• What' wrong with that? She set most balls to Koshaleva and Russia won 2 sets. Volleyball is simple, you set the ball to the players you think can kill the ball. Besides, Serbia could not stop Koshaleva yet, so this strategy works fine.

Coming back to your comment tomorrow, I guess you are watching all these triple blocks and the quality of block/defense and attacks. The problem is, Dijkema has to play with great varieties tomorrow, if Slöetjes does not find a way to get over triple blocks. Today she used Buijs/Slöetjes against Turkey mainly, but tomorrow she will need more than that. And I think Russia and Serbia deserve to be number 1 and 2.

well..you are partly right..that works so why not but that makes the game boring and in that case you can say who cares!! :lol:

on Dutch team..Lonneke can attack over block like Kosheleva....Buijs also can attack over block but not regularly depending on the set, unlike LOnneke..Russia and Serbia are good teams..i have no problem with them getting the gold but i think you underrate Dutch team...they are playing really well with home support...if they can put up a good fight if they dont live a FİNAL PRESSURE then i think they have the chance to get the gold..

• Russia looks better than against Italy. Pasynkova more or less gets reception done. Attack impressive.

Italy defended way better than Serbia, not talking about the service. In a way, Serbia is a very convenient opponent for Rus - obviously, as long as everything doesn't instantly break down in the middle of the third set :). Marichev's teams are prone to these sudden breaks... I'm thinking about Dinamo Msk in the final of the CEV cup vs Trento.

So far, Zaryazhko indeed makes the difference as well as Serbian service errors.