2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• I don't think this European Championship was a target tournament for Turkey. For me sole importance of 2015 is Olympic qualification. Good to see despite playing as terrible as it can, Turkey still end better than Poland,Germany,Belgium and even Italy . In terms of quality, the level of European teams must be at its lowest level. I can't remember a European Championship worse than 2015.
    In order to qualify to Olympics, you need to get one of the top 3 spots in qualification tournament. Considering groups will be Tur-Ned-Ger-Cro and Rus-Ita-Bel-Pol, all Turkey need is one good match against either Russia or Italia in front of home crowd (assuming they will beat Germany and Crotia). So instead of killing Ferhat or Naz, lets take some lessons from this tournament and concentrate for that match.

• really..then takes her to Ankara

I'm not sure about that. I still think there are other reasons avoiding her and many others coming to the national team. Gizem Örge, Bahar Toksoy etc, there are far too many players not there for some reason we don't know.

• What time does RUS-NED start? In about an hour?

• I'm sure she is exhausted. She played whole summer almost. It will be great for her to sit at the bench for a while and recover. I think she is still the biggest potential of opposites in the entire world!

She only started training in May/June after a six month break and has been playing basically non stop since. It had to happen at some point. And even though her level dropped, it wasn't as if she was totally bad, simply not on the level of some of her earlier perfomances. She'll be alright.

• I don't think this European Championship was a target tournament for Turkey. For me sole importance of 2015 is Olympic qualification. Good to see despite playing as terrible as it can, Turkey still end better than Poland,Germany,Belgium and even Italy . In terms of quality, the level of European teams must be at its lowest level. I can't remember a European Championship worse than 2015.
    In order to qualify to Olympics, you need to get one of the top 3 spots in qualification tournament. Considering groups will be Tur-Ned-Ger-Cro and Rus-Ita-Bel-Pol, all Turkey need is one good match against either Russia or Italia in front of home crowd (assuming they will beat Germany and Crotia). So instead of killing Ferhat or Naz, lets take some lessons from this tournament and concentrate for that match.

To be honest, Turkey ends better than these teams, but it's almost like Germany had this match in their hands and just let it go... Ofc maybe with Neslihan it would be a different story, however in their last matches Turkey basically was beaten 3-0 two times. In my opinion Italy still did better, at least they scared Russia.

• Congratulations to Serbia, they played really good tonight, especially Maja managed to "abuse" of her MBs who were always ready. Nice match also for Malesevic, I think she's ready to be in starting six, I hope for her she'll have a good season in Novara.

About Turkey.. I think that this team has been overrated! they didn't show anything special during the summer, expect winning minor tournaments that count only partially to my eyes. They didn't show a brilliant game, maybe only against Belgium. They don't have an OPP, Kubra is so slow in movements and in attack she's not so determinant (her fault? Naz's?), Goode and neriman were out of shape.
    Sincerely I don't see many differences between them and other teams like Italy or Germany, even if they were eliminated earlier. The OG qualification tournament will be really a hell, the teams with better physical shape will manage to do better as their level is so close one to the other.

• Turkey did not really have an impressive tournament apart from the match against Belgium. IMO, Russia, Netherlands and Serbia are currently a level above all other European teams, and there are several of those who could come in 4th on any given day, depending on the circumstances like the luck of draw, a glimpse of extraordinary good form etc.

• I agree with USAvolleyball and some others. Russia x Serbia was terrible and not very fun to watch. Bad reception almost all the time, and strong OH spikes. That's all. I like it better when teams have more speed, different plays and great defense systems. First semifinal was much better with lots of rallies and beautiful plays. That's why I find Brazilian, American, Turkish, Italian and Asian volleyball much better...

• Very wrong interviews from Turkish girls :roll:
    Gözde:

“Please, I could say something wrong…”

Despite playing absolutely terible tournament, Neriman is trying to throw all the blame to Ferhat Akbaş ;

“It is really dissapointing to come here and not take a medal. Especially because we will be the only team from here to go home empty-handed. We could not find our rhythm in this atmosphere, neither in the semifinal against the Netherlands, neither in the bronze medal game against Serbia. I do not know what was the real reason. Perhaps our coach can give you the answer…

• Very wrong interviews from Turkish girls :roll:
    Gözde:

Despite playing absolutely terible tournament, Neriman is trying to throw all the blame to Ferhat Akbaş .

I think they did the best! I don't want Turkey to turn to Poland in the next 5 years where players avoid going to the NT because of coach. Ferhat is bad, what are we really discussing? Is he a genius in volleyball? Why did he even become the head of one of the best european NTs directly? What is so special with him? Because he worked with Guidetti and Lang Ping? He has nothing close to them. It's not Ferhat's fault either. Why did federation chose a guy who never worked as a head coach ever??? Ferhat is a bad choice and NT is not a place for training a young, inexperienced newbie. These girls deserve a coach that can pull them one level up, they don't need a cheerleader that talks about energy in timeouts.

• Yeah, not cool from her. Players should really show more self-awareness at times. Reminds me of Brakočević last year.

And I get that they're disappointed, it always sucks to finish 4th and empty-handed, but really, at no point of the tournament did they look like a likely medal winner. It was a realistic outcome.

• I never saw such weak Turkey. With Motta Turkey had close level to Brazil what showed match between these Teams during 2012 OG and now..
    Where is Motta, what is He doing now?

• Yeah, not cool from her. Players should really show more self-awareness at times. Reminds me of Brakočević last year.

And I get that they're disappointed, it always sucks to finish 4th and empty-handed, but really, at no point of the tournament did they look like a likely medal winner. It was a realistic outcome.

Yes but that was because they played without a strategy and plan the entire time. I saw Neriman with Nilay in the 3rd set of the game against Serbia, Neriman trying to comfort Nilay. I guess she was pissed to such decisions of Ferhat. Naz played the worse games of her life but why Ferhat could not dare to sub her with Nilay? He even subbed Gizem Karadayi who actually played a good tournament and was receiving around 50%. I don't think Ferhat's decisions are tactical or about the game at all, he just wants to satisfy some people and do not care at all.

Another question is, everybody is asking why Polen and Neriman were so bad. If you check detailed stats, you might actually see that Neriman got most of the bad sets caused by bad receiving, including 30-40% of the sets in certain games were set to her by someone else than Naz. Of course she will have a terrible attacking ratio. How would you as a player motivate yourself when the other OH gets best of the sets and you have to deal with all the crappy sets? There are far too many errors in this team and either Naz should have been subbed or Ferhat should be kicked.

• Gözde has every rights to say those things to Ferhat she is at the same age with him and her career is full of success, I'm sure she knew better what was going on the court when Ferhat had no idea.

• Gözde has every rights to say those things to Ferhat she is at the same age with him and her career is full of success, I'm sure she knew better what was going on the court when Ferhat had no idea.

Exactly! and lets reverse the idea: Would any of the club teams recruit Ferhat as head coach like Vakifbank, Eczacibasi or Cannes etc? Clearly no! :down:

• I never saw such weak Turkey. With Motta Turkey had close level to Brazil what showed match between these Teams during 2012 OG and now..

Motta was probably the best coach Turkey ever had. He was shocked when the new federation told that they don't want to work with him. I guess his curse is over the team since then :lol: There are clearly other better coaches Turkey could recruit, especially Guidetti, but they obviously wanted to experiment a newbie.

• Motta was probably the best coach Turkey ever had. He was shocked when the new federation told that they don't want to work with him. I guess his curse is over the team since then :lol: There are clearly other better coaches Turkey could recruit, especially Guidetti, but they obviously wanted to experiment a newbie.

:roll: Once again, Guidetti did not WANT to be coach of Turkey.

• Motta's problem was he was too close to Naz Aydemir's family , if I'm not wrong his family and Naz's family went on holiday together at some time.
    Özge always thought he was unfair to her because according to Özge ;Naz didn't want competition and Motta always favored Naz. A different version of Travica-Baranowicz case. This led disqualification of Özge from the team and it started tension , grouping within the team.

I dont know where is he but we really miss him. Nobody could not be like him ;( nepotism in the federation has made us like this. If something doesnt change we become more weaker :wall: