2014 FIVB World League

• : Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Michael Andrei (St-Nazaire/FRA), Jaromir Zachrich (SWD-Powervolleys Düren)

i think germany will get problems. espacially in the middle. why zachrich will go to argentinia? i dont understand! he is 29 years old.
    hirsch is a really good player, but young. for him its good he can play there.

• Oh my world, what is wrong with Brazilians ?( It was just painful to watch them being beated so badly on their own ground. Murilo looked as if he played with his mind in some other dimension :S Whole team was just sleepy. No fight, no spark, no nothing. I would like to see Fonteles in team, really. Donnu why does coachinho love this Mauricio so much :aww: I'm seriously considering if they can win with our "star-less" team send to Brazil this weekend :gone: Ok, just kiddin', we're almost without any reliable OH, at least in terms of spiking. I'm curious what will starting OH duo look like. I would totally look like this :cursing: as Woicki is there but Ignaczak calms my heart ^^ So I'm rather expecting some nice fight between these teams. Hope Brazilians will wake their asses up ;)

Is it only me or Italian MBs are sooooo boring? :sleeping: Yup, I know that Travica is not the best MB-cooperator but still... boring. And I'm not impressed at all that Piano blocked Brazilians like... how much? 8 times? C'mon, Berruto looked as if he got the biggest lollipop ever when Piano finally ended his attack and what does that say? Not too much good :wacko: Seriously, Italians don't have better MBs?

Another disappointment - Bulgarians. C'mon guys, really? :aww: Hope it's just the bad beginning and will be better. Honestly, I can't remember if I saw Sokolov in these matches, at least I didn't noticed, he was THAT invisible. True that I couldn't actually focus on any other guy except Taylor Sander :whistle: :gone: but still Sokolov should be on the court as noticeable as a lion walking down the street roaring at the top of its lungs! Eh, guys. I hope next time even Sander won't distract me, you have to be just much much better.

Argentina... Na, na, na... Really? So easily? :whistling: Thank myself I didn't stay up so late to watch it 'cause the result looks just poor. Not that I somehow cheer for any of these teams. But seeing France kicking Argentinians would only remind me how much they beated us black and blue last season :pinch:

• Travica has many troubles to run the MBs. Piano, Birarelli and Buti can do very very well. Improving the game with the middles is the first goal for Italy. All the rest worked very well. Parodi and Kovar showed once again they should both be starter in Macerata, because they make a better couple than Kurek + one of them.

• Travica has many troubles to run the MBs. Piano, Birarelli and Buti can do very very well. Improving the game with the middles is the first goal for Italy. All the rest worked very well. Parodi and Kovar showed once again they should both be starter in Macerata, because they make a better couple than Kurek + one of them.

Modern volleyball is powerless without strong sideout if you don't have Muserskiy. Having two defensive OHs won't help you for the title. Even Brazil in the goden age had Dante for the sideout with power.

• Modern volleyball is powerless without strong sideout if you don't have Muserskiy. Having two defensive OHs won't help you for the title. Even Brazil in the goden age had Dante for the sideout with power.

Both Parodi and Kovar have power. They have lower spiking reach than Kurek, that's all. They can both receive, spike, block and digg. And Parodi in a strong server too. With 2 MBs like Podrascanin and Stankovic you can't have a nightmare receiver like Kurek.

• Is Kovar a defensive OH? Indeed, Italy´s biggest problem is the lack of attack by the middles. Travica seldom sets to the middles and whe he does it, it is always too low. They arent bad spikers. For the ones who watched italian league, Piano and Buti were reliable players, even more Buti.
    I think Berruto should try Baranowicz during some matches. His block and serve skills arent so good as Travica´s one, but he knows how to set to the middles. With him, Beretta was able to spike. Just watch WGCH match vs Brazil. Another plus, Baranowicz plays with Zaytsev, Parodi and Kovar in Macerata.

• Iran's roster for away matches in Italy and Brazil

Setter: Marouf, Mahdavi
    MB: Mousavi, Gholami, Faezi, Tashakori
    OH: Ghaemi, Mirzajanpour, Mobasheri, Ebadipour
    OP: Mahmoudi, Ghafour
    Libero: Alizadeh

there are 13 players here because Adel Gholami is a little injured

• Guys, am I crazy or this is just ridiculous - Zemchenok only OPP for this weekend?? :what: He spent whole season as a substitute for Stokr..yes, he signed contract with Loko so I guess that is the reason

S: Kovalev, Makarov
    OPP: Zemchenok
    OH: Htey, Biryukov, Savin, Rodichev
    MB: Ostapenko, Volvich, Smolar
    L: Ermakov, Golubev

I think that most actions will go through Biryukov or Savin and really like MBs.

http://www.volleyballnews.ru/blog/russiamanteam/2786.html

• We'll have changes in Polish roster again for next weekend in Italy: Paweł Zatorski (L), Bartosz Kurek (OH) and Piotr Nowakowski (MB) will be back after ECH qualifications. After injuries to team will join also Łukasz Wiśniewski (MB) and Łukasz Żygadło (S).

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• We'll have changes in Polish roster again for next weekend in Italy: Paweł Zatorski (L), Bartosz Kurek (OH) and Piotr Nowakowski (MB) will be back after ECH qualifications. After injuries to team will join also Łukasz Wiśniewski (MB) and Łukasz Żygadło (S).

Hurray! :cup:

Guys, am I crazy or this is just ridiculous - Zemchenok only OPP for this weekend?? :what: He spent whole season as a substitute for Stokr..yes, he signed contract with Loko so I guess that is the reason

I don't even know who is he :D

• Is Kovar a defensive OH?

He is not offensive enough. If you can't beat Simon or Dmitriy at the centre, you have to be able to score efficiently from the left side to keep the block guessing.

• Unfortunately the season is over for Reid Priddy. His landing during the match against Bulgaria turned out to be very bad - he'll have a surgery next week. :(

Hope he'll get well soon. I was so looking forward to see him playing in the NT again..

• No Kurek, Winiarski, Bartman and other 1st 6 and yet this Polish team is killing the Brazilians at their homecourt

• Lipe and Lucarelli are carrying the team pretty much by themselves today.

Brazil still needs Wallace and a better libero. Mário Jr. is just not doing it; Vissotto and Théo are not NT material. If I were Bernardo, I'd start trying Rafael (and perhaps Rivaldo too, I don't know).
    I think it's time to try other MBs as well and not rely only on Sidão and Lucão, who are giving the impression to be past their prime. Lucão particularly plays with the biggest sadface all the time. Thankfully we still have Isac, Éder and Gustavão (who still needs to play more; he had a great season in Brasil Kirin). Vini would be a good choice too.

• Polish B team unfortunatrely couldn't beat Brazil ;( Lucarelli and Fonteles made difference. I wonder why Bernardinho didn't get a chance to Felipe in last week only with the aim of having 2 Liberos :aww:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Agree on BRA's MB...those 2 didn't stand a chance with the young Piano of Italy