2014 / 2015 Transfer News

• I don't think so as well. In Hitachi, she always plays as non-receiving OH. Plus in NT this year, with the controversial MB1 system, she plays as OPP while Saori and Risa become receiving OH.
    So it migh cause some problem in receiving line, using Ebata as receiving OH.

Maybe she is not receiving because the other japanese player are just better than her?
    I guess Fang will try to receive with her too. Maybe not on every position. Every outside hitter or opposite could try to receive in order to have more possibilities in every position. It could be interisting having faucett as outside hitter and Ebata as opposit and the 2 can receive depending of the position.
    She come in cannes saying that she wants to begin an européan adventure. Considering her height, she will have to receive if she want to play in big teams.
    She knows how to défend, it must not be that complicated for her to receive.

• Maybe she is not receiving because the other japanese player are just better than her?
    I guess Fang will try to receive with her too. Maybe not on every position. Every outside hitter or opposite could try to receive in order to have more possibilities in every position. It could be interisting having faucett as outside hitter and Ebata as opposit and the 2 can receive depending of the position.
    She come in cannes saying that she wants to begin an européan adventure. Considering her height, she will have to receive if she want to play in big teams.
    She knows how to défend, it must not be that complicated for her to receive.

Well for me it has always been a mystery why is Ebata not receiving.. She is not a tall player and as all Japanese I expect her to receive.. But maybe she is not capable of it since she hasn't done it in her clubs too.. We'll see.. Can you explain me how would Cannes' line-up look like...

• Well for me it has always been a mystery why is Ebata not receiving.. She is not a tall player and as all Japanese I expect her to receive.. But maybe she is not capable of it since she hasn't done it in her clubs too.. We'll see.. Can you explain me how would Cannes' line-up look like...

Well there is many possibilities for cannes Line-up since there si not "real opposite"

I guees we can see :

Apitz-Faucette
    Ravva-Onyejkwe
    Grothues-Yaneva/Ebata
    Ortschitt

But i would like to see :
    Apitz-Ebata (receiving on some position)
    Ravva-Onyejekwe
    Grothues-Faucette (receiving on some position)/Yaneva
    Ortschitt

Or maybe Ebata in place of Grothues if she is not fully ready to play.

• I think she made a right choice that going to a weaker league. (but still advanced to CL) One thing I'm concerned about is that she definitely will have problems of communication due to lack of language abilities which happen to all asian players playing abroad. Saori Kimura and Wimei Wang don't speak english so they weren't able to deliver what kind of balls they want to their setter. Kim is definitely an exception though, she can even kill bad delivered balls...

I don't think Ebata can speak english nor french, but let's see. As far as I know Juko Sano had played in Cannes many years ago so she can possibly give some advice to Ebata.

• in terms of spiking i think ebata can do more than what kimura did since she's not totally a rely on fast sets player the only concern i have of her is her height and if she can put the ball thru those tall blockers.

btw speaking of yuko sano jo1105 when she was playing in cannes was she as good defensively in cannes just like when she was in japan?

• I think she made a right choice that going to a weaker league. (but still advanced to CL) One thing I'm concerned about is that she definitely will have problems of communication due to lack of language abilities which happen to all asian players playing abroad. Saori Kimura and Wimei Wang don't speak english so they weren't able to deliver what kind of balls they want to their setter. Kim is definitely an exception though, she can even kill bad delivered balls...

I don't think Ebata can speak english nor french, but let's see. As far as I know Juko Sano had played in Cannes many years ago so she can possibly give some advice to Ebata.

I think she made a right choice that going to a weaker league. (but still advanced to CL) One thing I'm concerned about is that she definitely will have problems of communication due to lack of language abilities which happen to all asian players playing abroad. Saori Kimura and Wimei Wang don't speak english so they weren't able to deliver what kind of balls they want to their setter. Kim is definitely an exception though, she can even kill bad delivered balls...

Cannes is really concern in how the players feel. They will try their best to make the player feel like home. They will give her french Class (the same for any foreign players coming to play un cannes). Communication in the team is important so they probably already think about that.
    And Sano played 2 years in cannes and she seems to feel good in the team and with other players.

• in terms of spiking i think ebata can do more than what kimura did since she's not totally a rely on fast sets player the only concern i have of her is her height and if she can put the ball thru those tall blockers.

btw speaking of yuko sano jo1105 when she was playing in cannes was she as good defensively in cannes just like when she was in japan?

In Cannes Yuko improve her défensive skills against strong and tall spikers. She was really good and I think even better than she is playing now.
    On some games she saved Cannes' ass with her amazing digs.

• I agree with most that it will be interesting/exciting to see Ebata in Champions league, I really like to watch japanese players. However this transfer looks a bit similar to Saori Kimura's. Last year in GsD, Saori was expected to be a defensive OH next to Neriman however Saori has not been a defensive OH in Japan and also in the Japanese NT. Ebata looks similar in that sense, she is a good scorer for Japanese NT however how will she perform as a receiver/ digger in Europe is a big dilemma. I hope she will manage it and Im sure she will learn a lot from Fang, but I rather would like to see a real defensive japanese OH in a European league. Correct me if I'm wrong but Risa is a good candidate in that sense. Moreover I agree that French league and especially Cannes is a very good choice. Beyond the advantages of having Fang as a coach and good team spirit, Cannes is always the biggest candidate for winning the league title so there is not much pressure on players. That's why it will be more interesting to see Ebata's performance in champions league.

To the line-up, I'm sure Ebata can receive well in a limited area if Maret and the libero covers rest of the court.

• Cannes' Policy abt foreign player sounds definitely good for Ebata. :rose:
    If she can improve her reception skill at Cannes, it'll be advantages for Japan NT so far. Seeing that her offensive skill is quite impressive for Asian spiker.
    And that chance to ply in CEV CL is so amazing :cheesy:

• maybne she doesnt need to play defense let maret and the others do that while she becomes a non receiving oh :win:

oh i remember a chinese player for cannes in 2002 and 2003 when they won the cl title, what's her name again?

• Meatballs : Risa Shinnabe is a very good passer but in terms of attacks, I'm not really sure. She's a typical short asian player who can't fight against high blocks. But with fast sets she should be alright. As far as I know she attacks way better in zone 2 than zone 4.

• Meatballs : Risa Shinnabe is a very good passer but in terms of attacks, I'm not really sure. She's a typical short asian player who can't fight against high blocks. But with fast sets she should be alright. As far as I know she attacks way better in zone 2 than zone 4.

That's exactly what I thought. I have not seen a defensive OH from Japan playing in Europe. I guess we all agree that a Japanese player that attacks well in Japan won't be that effective in European leagues in terms of attacking (Saori is a good example to that). So why not invest to a Japanese OH that makes good defense in Japan instead and use that player as a defensive OH and set her very few balls? For Cannes it does not make sense since they already have Maret but I would really like to see a player like Risa playing in a team together with another OH such as Neriman.
    Hope I didnt make it too complicated :lol:

• Where will play Laura Weihenmaier (OH) ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game