Turkey NT 2014

• Weird situation with Dicle indeed :what: they should have registered here to WGP instead of Ceylan or Ozgenur :aww: :call:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Until some deadline it's possible to make changes in the roster so maybe she'll be registered later. Would be strange indeed to have her in NT without having the chance to use her. For example Meliha wasn't in the original roster for EL (and still is not on CEV site) but eventually got to play.

• Isn't too late for changes in roster ?( - if player is not on the FIVB list, then she's not registered and she can't play in WGP games :teach:

• This is photo from the match Croatia - Turkey but it is very bad photo :/

• Isn't too late for changes in roster ?( - if player is not on the FIVB list, then she's not registered and she can't play in WGP games :teach:

Yes but until a certain deadline (which I don't know unfortunately) teams can still make changes in the roster, so Dicle might still be added instead of some other player.

• Yes but until a certain deadline (which I don't know unfortunately) teams can still make changes in the roster, so Dicle might still be added instead of some other player.

I remember a situation like that in Polish roster, but it was earlier before start of games, now I think that it's too late :whistle:

• The starting line up for Turkey should be:

Naz-Neslihan
    Eda-Dicle or Kübra
    Gözde-Neriman
    Gizem

Turkey needs a Mittleblocker who can be the most scorer of the match. One of them is Eda, so they need a second one, and i cant see it in Bahar sorry. Bahar can only block in my eyes, she isnt a good attacker. Sometimes i think if she is scared from the boll or from the block she attacks so scary, and she cant serve sorry, its not normal to fail your serve everytime or often you can fail 1 or 2 times but not so much as she does. Think about that when she didint fail the serve maybe there were some points for the turks to collect that in your own serve. Potentiall MBs are for me Dicle or Kübra, turkey need the height of Kübra and the serves from Büsra but she is also not so good for me.
    Actually Turkey has one of the best players, look at all of them in the league in the clubs, every year is a turkish club in CL final, Gözde strong attacker good defense and good reception what do you want more? Neriman a little bit weak at reception but we need her attacks and Neslihan for me one of the best players who dont play only with power, she also plays with her brain and i like it. Gizem is also a good libero so if they gett coached well i think they can reach the WG finals and they can go to semis and more at WCH.

• Well I don't agree with many of your points here.. Lets see
    1. Eda is not the scorer MB ANYMORE.. Sorry guys but she is not.. I like her too, but after her injury in 2012 she is not the same.. she had some great games in TL but that was it.. In finals she was bad.. Also her good performances in Fener were good blocking numbers not attacking so MBs attacks are still a problem..
    2. Bahar was never a great attacker.. She is performing bad I agree.. She is the best Turkish MB.. I don't know how Dicle will perform with good and big teams, thats a question mark.. Kubra is great attacker, she can block too but she is slow IMO.. She can block those girls in EL but let's see here.. Also i think it's rather late to put up 1 or even 2 new MBs as starters because WCH is coming up.. They don't have the experience needed to play that kind of role in the team.. And FYI Bahar served great during the finals
    3. Neriman is not a BIT WEAK in reception.. she is awful, maybe even worse than Hodge.. Second OH will be her for sure but reception will be a big problem..
    4. Gizem is not a good libero, just great defender.. I mean maybe I am too harsh because you used good, but i mean great.. of course she is good.. she wouldn't be here if she wasn't..

• harboboy
    agree wit your thoughts on Bahar. she is not agood attacker but neither is Dicle. Dicle is a good blocker but not the middle attacker we need..if she improves her attack then ok but not now....Kübra could be the player we have been looking for, she is good at both parts/sides of the game but she needs more experience on this level and to gain speed..i would start with Eda-Kübra, if it didnt work then take Bahar on the court.

• Well I don't agree with many of your points here.. Lets see
    1. Eda is not the scorer MB ANYMORE.. Sorry guys but she is not.. I like her too, but after her injury in 2012 she is not the same.. she had some great games in TL but that was it.. In finals she was bad.. Also her good performances in Fener were good blocking numbers not attacking so MBs attacks are still a problem..
    2. Bahar was never a great attacker.. She is performing bad I agree.. She is the best Turkish MB.. I don't know how Dicle will perform with good and big teams, thats a question mark.. Kubra is great attacker, she can block too but she is slow IMO.. She can block those girls in EL but let's see here.. Also i think it's rather late to put up 1 or even 2 new MBs as starters because WCH is coming up.. They don't have the experience needed to play that kind of role in the team.. And FYI Bahar served great during the finals
    3. Neriman is not a BIT WEAK in reception.. she is awful, maybe even worse than Hodge.. Second OH will be her for sure but reception will be a big problem..
    4. Gizem is not a good libero, just great defender.. I mean maybe I am too harsh because you used good, but i mean great.. of course she is good.. she wouldn't be here if she wasn't..

Well, i think Eda ist actually better thank the others maybe not so good as before but quite good, they need her. Turkeys biggest problem are the Mittleblockers. They have to change it no matter if its a big team Kübra or Dicle need this experience so to get the answer of your question mark is to see how will she peform in WG she doesnt must play a whole game maybe 1 or 2 sets to see how she can deal with it. But she was at the beginning of the league verry slow but she improved as long as you serve very well that the other side gets trouble with the reception Kübra can block every attack.
    Bahar ist the worst mittleblocker i have ever seen. Her serves are full of risks but its not normal to fail so often as she does´, no matter if she didint failed so much in the finals.
    And Gizem is for me the best turkish libero IMO, her reception is verry well and her diggs also, her only mistake is to stand near the outside line and make a 50/50 choice to dig this ball or to let it go because its out and often the ball was in.
    Gözde and Gizem have verry good receptions and they can take the bigger part of the court to recieve the ball and that Neriman shouldnt recieve so much as Mihajlovic does in Serbia NT.

• harboboy
    agree wit your thoughts on Bahar. she is not agood attacker but neither is Dicle. Dicle is a good blocker but not the middle attacker we need..if she improves her attack then ok but not now....Kübra could be the player we have been looking for, she is good at both parts/sides of the game but she needs more experience on this level and to get fast..i would start with Eda-Kübra, if it didnt work then take Bahar on the court.

Yes, i have the same opinion. Eda and Kübra should start and if it doensnt work well, Barbolini can change.. but with Bahar as only a Middleblocker who can block and not attack its like in every match 5 to 6 attacker

• Well, i think Eda ist actually better thank the others maybe not so good as before but quite good, they need her. Turkeys biggest problem are the Mittleblockers. They have to change it no matter if its a big team Kübra or Dicle need this experience so to get the answer of your question mark is to see how will she peform in WG she doesnt must play a whole game maybe 1 or 2 sets to see how she can deal with it. But she was at the beginning of the league verry slow but she improved as long as you serve very well that the other side gets trouble with the reception Kübra can block every attack.
    Bahar ist the worst mittleblocker i have ever seen. Her serves are full of risks but its not normal to fail so often as she does´, no matter if she didint failed so much in the finals.
    And Gizem is for me the best turkish libero IMO, her reception is verry well and her diggs also, her only mistake is to stand near the outside line and make a 50/50 choice to dig this ball or to let it go because its out and often the ball was in.
    Gözde and Gizem have verry good receptions and they can take the bigger part of the court to recieve the ball and that Neriman shouldnt recieve so much as Mihajlovic does in Serbia NT.

By serving great I didn't mean not making errors but making points, direct aces and her serve was overpassed (about Bahar)
    And I don't know what games have you watched dude but Gozem is very bad in reception, in fact young Gizem was playing some matches not only because Karadayi injured herself but because Orge passed really well.. I doen't matter we'll see how they will perform at WGP...

• By serving great I didn't mean not making errors but making points, direct aces and her serve was overpassed (about Bahar)
    And I don't know what games have you watched dude but Gozem is very bad in reception, in fact young Gizem was playing some matches not only because Karadayi injured herself but because Orge passed really well.. I doen't matter we'll see how they will perform at WGP...

I ask the same question to you, where is she Bad? Did you watch the cl Playoff 6 Match between Cannes? SHE was verry good and Young gizem Played the second Match and they were near to Loose it also the golden Set.

There was also the final Matches between fenerbahce. In the second Match Young gizem was the Starter they lost the First two Sets and guidetti took Young gizem out and put Old gizem in and they Turned the Match and finally Won it because of gizems Reception !

• I ask the same question to you, where is she Bad? Did you watch the cl Playoff 6 Match between Cannes? SHE was verry good and Young gizem Played the second Match and they were near to Loose it also the golden Set.

There was also the final Matches between fenerbahce. In the second Match Young gizem was the Starter they lost the First two Sets and guidetti took Young gizem out and put Old gizem in and they Turned the Match and finally Won it because of gizems Reception !

Well that happened because as you said Orge is young and started to play bad.. However if Gizem was so good as you say she would have never been replaced with a 20 years old.. She is one of the few liberos together with Davis that are being targeted on serve.. I am not saying she is bad bad but she is not good as you say.. Talking about reception, she is a great defender.. And you can ask anyone on this forum, they'll tell you about her passing.. Before Barbolini Gulden was receiving, she was just digging..

• Well that happened because as you said Orge is young and started to play bad.. However if Gizem was so good as you say she would have never been replaced with a 20 years old.. She is one of the few liberos together with Davis that are being targeted on serve.. I am not saying she is bad bad but she is not good as you say.. Talking about reception, she is a great defender.. And you can ask anyone on this forum, they'll tell you about her passing.. Before Barbolini Gulden was receiving, she was just digging..

Yes, but Guidetti replaced her because to Recover he didnt want to Take a risk, he saved her for her recovering for the final four, so gizem replaced her because she Is her back up and the only other Libero so she can be 16 but it doesnt Change the Fact that gizem k. has to Recover for final four and as you saw Guidetti Played with her and not the younger gizem instead of knowing that she isnt full recovered.

Yes you are right with the two Libero System

• Yes, but Guidetti replaced her because to Recover he didnt want to Take a risk, he saved her for her recovering for the final four, so gizem replaced her because she Is her back up and the only other Libero so she can be 16 but it doesnt Change the Fact that gizem k. has to Recover for final four and as you saw Guidetti Played with her and not the younger gizem instead of knowing that she isnt full recovered.

Yes you are right with the two Libero System

This is not true at all! Gizem Karadayı has already been recovered during finals, only reason for Gizem Örge's being starter is simply her reception is better than older Gizem and Guidetti knew that. However, since Gizem Örge is pretty young, she can't have a stable performance for a long time. She has showed that she is getting better and better during European League matches. I strongly believe that she will be starter over Gizem K. very soon next season.

If one team want to keep Neriman on the court, it has to have a very solid receiver libero. Apparently Gizem K is very bad receiver for a libero. The only solid receiver libero we have is Gülden but she is retired from NT unfortunately. :down: Gülden&Esra are the best receiver duo who can cover any offensive OH on the court, it is very pitty that both has been retired ;(

• This is not true at all! Gizem Karadayı has already been recovered during finals, only reason for Gizem Örge's being starter is simply her reception is better than older Gizem and Guidetti knew that. However, since Gizem Örge is pretty young, she can't have a stable performance for a long time. She has showed that she is getting better and better during European League matches. I strongly believe that she will be starter over Gizem K. very soon next season.

If one team want to keep Neriman on the court, it has to have a very solid receiver libero. Apparently Gizem K is very bad receiver for a libero. The only solid receiver libero we have is Gülden but she is retired from NT unfortunately. :down: Gülden&Esra are the best receiver duo who can cover any offensive OH on the court, it is very pitty that both has been retired ;(

Thank you serdar for sharing your thoughts! I tried to explain the same thing through a couple of posts.. :drink:

• This is not true at all! Gizem Karadayı has already been recovered during finals, only reason for Gizem Örge's being starter is simply her reception is better than older Gizem and Guidetti knew that. However, since Gizem Örge is pretty young, she can't have a stable performance for a long time. She has showed that she is getting better and better during European League matches. I strongly believe that she will be starter over Gizem K. very soon next season.

I agree with Serdar. Gizem Karadayi fails in reception and I dont like her personality either. She thinks she is a star already and that makes her fail IMO. Young Gizem was good in receiving in EL and when I saw the stats, I realized that teams stopped serving on her so she did not receive many balls. However she has been bad in defense, I barely remember good defenses from her even during the EL. I agree with the part about Gulden. We need her badly! If I had the chance, I would even play with her as the only libero.
    Neriman is not such a bad receiver but I think she had a bad season with big downs. I'm sure she will receive OK again when she gets her confidence back. Moreover I like her defense.
    About MBs. I really dont like Bahar's game but I dont agree that Kubra can replace her in terms of attacking either. Kubra's attacking performance varies alot and her % is not that high either. You expect an MB to attack around 60-70% but her average was 55% even in EL. I guess that will be much lower in WGP etc. Of course the quality of sets matter but still she is a big question mark to me. Moreover I dont find her blocking sufficient. Yes she is tall but she is slow and often there is a meter gap between she and OH who is blocking, especially when there is a fast set. I dont need to mention the quality of sets in WGP and WCH. So unfortunately I still prefer Bahar over her in NT this summer and maybe Dicle since she blocks better.

• Roster for the First Week:

Setters: Naz Aydemir Akyol, Gamze Alikaya, Asuman Karakoyun

OPP: Neslihan Demir, Seda Tokatlioglu (also OH)

OH: Gözde Sonsirma, Neriman Özsoy, Güldeniz Önal, Seyma Ercan

MB: Bahar Toksoy G., Büsra Cansu, Dicle Nur Babat

Libero: Gizem Karadayi, Merve Dalbeler

i cant understand the chocie of Seyma Ercan and Asuman Karakoyun, they are the worste OH and setter for me. They perfomance said everthing in the league, especially Seymas perfomance in EL. I dont know why Eda isnt in the roster and 3 Setters are to Much.

Nothing official confirmed yet, but Those Players did the Health check today.