USA NT 2014

• What about Alisha and Berg?! Will they probably join later?! Or never get back?!

• What about Alisha and Berg?! Will they probably join later?! Or never get back?!

Alisha for sure will be later, Berg I dont know.

Alisha, Courtney Thompson, Jordan Larson, Nicole Fawcett I think is safe to say will definitly join later...

• It's just that Berg always says something about Road2Rio in her social networks that I was pretty sure she was going to be there :D :D :D

• Spoke with Courtney today. She's flying back to the USA on Monday and starts working in Anaheim on Tuesday. She'll be parto of Montreux roster.

Quote from joanamss

Logan is Logan

That's all there is to say about Logan. She's just Logan. It's a brand really 8)

• Checking article on usavolleyball.org I found out that Rachael Adams, Lauren Paolini, Kimberly Hill, Sonja Newcombe and Jenna Hagglund joined to NT later.

Moreover it's written there that roster for WCH qualifications will be chosen from 30 players which were already in training, so girls from group listed by me above may not play there.

Possible 12 for tournament can be:
    S: Lloyd, Plum
    OP: Murphy, Faucette
    OH: Hildebrand, Hood, Lichtman, Hodson (Klineman is still is not eligible)
    MB: Akinradewo, Gibbemeyer, Harmotto/Jackson/Dixon (hard to choose one from these, I'd take Harmotto if she's 100% healthy)
    L: Banwarth (please don't choose Davis :roll: )

Roster can look different if they want to include Hill, Newcombe, Adams, Paolini and N.Hagglund eventually ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I don't understand why aren't Alisha and those you mentioned above not 'allowed' to play

• I don't understand why aren't Alisha and those you mentioned above not 'allowed' to play

I meant that they probably won't play, not that they can't play.
    Alisha isn't included by me because she's not on the list of 35 players (30 + 5 who joined later) on usavolleyball.org which Joana had already written before ^^ I based on list from that article :teach:

• Yes I understand that, but why wouldn't they?

Maybe they wanted a line-up with players which had some rest and trained together for a bit longer time, not these exhausted who have just come back from Europe, just my guesses ^^ tournament starts in next week and we'll get know a final roster soon :D

• Gibbemeyer, Hill, Adams and will not play WC and GP. May be in Montreaux. There are so many recently graduating players girls vying for the spot as well as come-backing veterans.

Where did you get this info? And they won't play even Grand Prix.. I don't think it's a good idea.. WCH is coming up, they have to prepare well so they need matches.. Also Adams did not play so much during WGP

• Where did you get this info? And they won't play even Grand Prix.. I don't think it's a good idea.. WCH is coming up, they have to prepare well so they need matches.. Also Adams did not play so much during WGP

What I mean is they won't be able to play because the spot for their respective positions will be given to others... more deserving players. Dixon>>>>Gibbemeyer>>>Adams; Hodge>>>Richards>>>>>>Hill.

• What I mean is they won't be able to play because the spot for their respective positions will be given to others... more deserving players. Dixon>>>>Gibbemeyer>>>Adams; Hodge>>>Richards>>>>>>Hill.

In USA NT every player fights for it's place and I don't think it will go this way.. Dixon has proved nothing with playing half a season in Rabita, with all respect to her.. Harmotto has been injured so I don't see her spot guaranteed. Hodge is not a player who can be compared to Kristin since she is all about attack. Someone jas posted a list of players who a currently in USA gym and Hogde was not one of them.

• In USA NT every player fights for it's place and I don't think it will go this way.. Dixon has proved nothing with playing half a season in Rabita, with all respect to her.. Harmotto has been injured so I don't see her spot guaranteed. Hodge is not a player who can be compared to Kristin since she is all about attack. Someone jas posted a list of players who a currently in USA gym and Hogde was not one of them.

True, but during her period in the NCAA Karch would just go off about Hodge all the time so he probably will have his favorites on the team, Gibbemeyer was another one of his "favorites". I do want to see Lauren Plum play, she sets fast very easily and IMO is more accurate with those than Alisha.

AND PLEASE PLAY WITH MY GIRL KANANI!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• True, but during her period in the NCAA Karch would just go off about Hodge all the time so he probably will have his favorites on the team, Gibbemeyer was another one of his "favorites". I do want to see Lauren Plum play, she sets fast very easily and IMO is more accurate with those than Alisha.

AND PLEASE PLAY WITH MY GIRL KANANI!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As many here said Hodge is a great attacker but I don't think she'll be a starter in USA NT... This team is about ball control, passing, middle attacks, fast sets, defense. .. and Hodge does not allow those things.. I am looking forward to seeing how things will go

• American roster for WCH qualifications:
    Setters: Lauren Plum, Molly Kreklow
    Opposites: Bailey Webster, Kylin Munoz
    Outside Hitters: Hayley Hodson, Maddie Martin, Kelly Reeves, Kat Luft
    Middle Blockers: Chloe Ferrari, Alexis Olgard, Katie Slay
    Libero: Kristen Hahn

Team consists of newcomers, but it's not a risk having opponnents like Panama, Honduras and Guatemala ^^
    source

• As many here said Hodge is a great attacker but I don't think she'll be a starter in USA NT... This team is about ball control, passing, middle attacks, fast sets, defense. .. and Hodge does not allow those things.. I am looking forward to seeing how things will go

Haha I know, which is why I want to see Kanani with the NT; stable reception and offense. Hodge was not present for god knows why but I still feel Karch would put her in as one of his "favorite" athletes. For example, I honestly think he should have given other MB such as Lauren Paolini more chances but IMO he stuck with his "favorite" Gibbemeyer for the most part last year.

• This "rookie" roster seems solid, I had the chance to watch most of these girls in action in NCAA. My only question is why Kelsey Robinson isn't included, I found her to be a Larson-like player. Plus both played for Nebraska :lol: :lol: