2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• What a match Vakifbank - Piacenza :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Vakifbank wins 21-19 in 5th set :obey: :obey:

• What was the problem at the end of Busto-Dinamo? When I turned in the score said 14:15 and the referees were discussing with the scorer, then Susana Rodriguez called the captains and explained them that the last point went to Dinamo and the set and match ended 13:15 ?(

• What was the problem at the end of Busto-Dinamo? When I turned in the score said 14:15 and the referees were discussing with the scorer, then Susana Rodriguez called the captains and explained them that the last point went to Dinamo and the set and match ended 13:15 ?(

There was a mistake with the score. Then Diouf came to serve it really was 14-13 to Dinamo, but the board showed 14-14. As you saw italian club players didn't protest because i'm sure they knew that the game in fact was over with Diouf's serve fault.

• What a match Vakifbank - Piacenza :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Vakifbank wins 21-19 in 5th set :obey: :obey:

Tough loss for Piacenza. They had a handful of match points but couldn't close it out. Biggest chance was when Valdez hit the ball down on an open net but she touched the net in the follow through.

Exciting 5th set :drink:

• They way things are going Pizacenza will ruin Cannes' chances to go to playoffs

A worrying Cannes saved by MBs and Grothues this evening. Many problems : Tom very tired, Ebata still mysterious, Apitz needing rest, Bursac so so. No balance in the team.
    But Cannes needs only 2 sets to go through ... It will be tough facing an improving Piacenza (Carduuuullo :P ) but not impossible :
    Cannes vs a weak team this week end in French championship but Novara has to play vs Modena.
    And Faucette is back in RCC !
    With Apitz Faucette / the 3 Mbs / Grothues Bursac Tom ( I hope she hasn't anything serious) and Ortschitt, Cannes could do it :thumbup:

• actually sheilla was again playing badly in the first two sets and i was about to be hopeless about her in this match but then she started to play better in the rest of the sets...Costa was inefficient....Gözde Sonsırma far from her shape and this affects Vakıf's performance seriously bcz last year she was a leading player with Brakocevic....it was great to watch Vakıf's middle both Rasiç and Robin :drink:

Vakıf doesnt have players like De La Cruz,Kim,Montano and therefore they should either play over the middles or team play or one of Gözde ,Sheila and Vasileva should come out as leading spiker match by match.

Today in first two sets their block was ver inefficient bcz they served so softly that Piacenza was able to paly its game!..this was kind of lesson for Vakıf like Cannes match..in this stage all the teams are maybe not strong but good...Piacenza,Cannes,Volero,Moscow etc could be dangerous opponents if you couldnt put your best on the court..

• Oh sorry !
    It looks Cannes is already through according to CEV site because the number of victories is the first criterium.

• Yeahhhh CANNES is in the play off but very difficult match. Hope that they will manage to win next week.
    Wopat was great in attack tonight, also was Ravva. In the last two sets, only the middles were scoring, it was 'impossible for the outside hitters... Faucette is back and she Will be helpfull for the team.

• in playoffs , which turkish teams will face ? eczacıbaşı-fener , fener-vakıfbank ora eczacıbaşı-vakıfbank ?

• Vakif has 3 main problems IMO.

1st and biggest is their captain Gozde. She is far from her best shape, she's not in any shape in fact. The main problem is her being tired from the hard matches she played with Turkey NT and her previous season with Vakif, which was also hard.

2nd is Sheila. She is playing very poor, she usually hits with 40% and below and that's not enough.

3rd IMO is their constant changing the line-up. Only Naz-Sheila are always starting.. others are being changed which is good because they can get a rest and all players can get playing time, but in this case neither line-up is working completely.. The good thing is they have good players and a deep bench so they can pull it off

• What a pity for italian temas yesterday night. Piacenza had a lot of chances to close the game but didn't do it, Busto lost with a serve error and the point was wrong.

Anyway do you know which are the possibilities for them to qualify for the next round?

• What a pity for italian temas yesterday night. Piacenza had a lot of chances to close the game but didn't do it, Busto lost with a serve error and the point was wrong.

Anyway do you know which are the possibilities for them to qualify for the next round?

I think Piacenza won't go to playoffs because they are W-L 2-3 and Cannes is 4-1 so even if they win against Cannes they will be 3-3 and Cannes 4-2 so Cannes is into playoffs.

And Busto should go to playoffs because they are second ranked of the group, 3 points ahead of Dresdner and german team is playing Moscow next week and has to win 3-1 3-0 which is unlikely and Busto has to lose 3-0/3-1 to Salo.. I think Busto will qualify

• I think Piacenza won't go to playoffs because they are W-L 2-3 and Cannes is 4-1 so even if they win against Cannes they will be 3-3 and Cannes 4-2 so Cannes is into playoffs.

And Busto is already into playoffs because they are second ranked of the group..

Thanks! Busto is in the play offs but of course no chances to get the first place, as they lost both matches against Moscow. What a pity! Thanks for the answer :flower:

• Eczacıbasi was my favourite for champions league with its deep roster but after i saw Caprara , I don't think they can win the cup . He doesn't anything in bad times .On bench , they have Gozde and Esra and also Nilay who is one of the best setters in Turkey but Caprara doesn't use them . I know he is one of the most succesful coaches but he just do maximum 1 change at final points . He can make double changes but he doesn't . He is really passive as i see .

• Cannes hasn't qualified for the play-offs yet.
    They are now at 2nd place with 9 point and Piacenza third with 8 points.

Last match is between Piacenza - Cannes. So if piacenza would win 3-0 or 3-1 they have 11 points and cannes again 8.
    only if they lose or win by 3-2 Piacenza is out and Cannes in the play offs.
    so everything could happen.

• Cannes hasn't qualified for the play-offs yet.
    They are now at 2nd place with 9 point and Piacenza third with 8 points.

Last match is between Piacenza - Cannes. So if piacenza would win 3-0 or 3-1 they have 11 points and cannes again 8.
    only if they lose or win by 3-2 Piacenza is out and Cannes in the play offs.
    so everything could happen.

CANNES is qualified because the number of victoires is more important than points (new cev rule) CANNES has 4 victories and and piacenza only two.. And even wining over CANNES next week they would still have one victory less than cannes.

Rabita being crashed by Kazan... Of they want to have a chance to reach play off they will have to beat chemik next week.

• Oo really? Winnig matches are now more important than points?
    Ok sorry.

Rabita has actually no chance to qualify.

Rabita is too weak they have such world class players in every position but only their outside hitters are so bad in receiving and attacking.
    They could have a chance with Piacenza and looser of OMSK/Volero match now to qualify as the 3rd best team.