2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• I spent the last years saying Buszek is a diamant. It's nice to see many people are opening their eyes. He can't be a score leader, but his dark job makes the team work better.

• Personally all in all I am not fan of Bieniek. He was blocked two times and next times his attacks defended easily. He is the reason of losing sets, lack of experience and leaky block. Kłos still out of shape after injury.

• I spent the last years saying Buszek is a diamant. It's nice to see many people are opening their eyes. He can't be a score leader, but his dark job makes the team work better.

Yup, everything works, solid reception, good attacker and server ;) I think that the trust which Antiga put in him gave a lot.

Personally all in all I am not fan of Bieniek. He was blocked two times and next times his attacks defended easily. He is the reason of losing sets, lack of experience and leaky block. Kłos still out of shape after injury.

I wouldn't be so harsh saying Bieniek is the reason of losing sets :huh: two main problems we are having is losing concentration in some moments and late "waking up" which results in losing first sets especially. I can agree with your words considering today's performance but not general. Though I can understand your opinion, one can say Bieniek is not convincing and other are not happy with Nowakowski ;)

He is hot too

Hahaha for Polish female audience known as the most beautiful cheekbones among players :D

• Not sure if he is hotter than Bartman, but hottest on the team right now :D

Yavor is going to banish us for this, there is more proper thread in general section on this forum for stuff like this :gone:

• I know Buti very well. Usually he needs more time than others to find his best shape. His first season with Perugia was bad in Regular season and amazing during the play-off. Last season he started slowly again, but never reached his best shape. I'd rather keeping Barone over him, but we took him.

Cester, Anzani, Barone, Alletti and Mengozzi were the best MBs. All of them have qualities and weaknesses. Piano underperformed so far. Beside Birarelli, who's far from a top MB at international level, there's no one.

Mazzone could be a good prospect in the years to come. Same for Candellaro and Mattei. Patriarca and De Togni had potential, but they both wasted it all staying on bench or weak clubs.

I would add Gianluca Galassi among the Italian prospects in the middle. A player I like, but we've seen talented youngsters failing to integrate into senior volleyball. Besides, he may not be among the tallest MBs. But I think he may be on the right track.

• We need monster of middle block like Holt, Muserskiy or Lisinac is. Maybe Dmytro Pashytskyy will play for Polish national team soon. However Bieniek is still young he wouldn't be this kind of middle blocker. Killing ball, never easy to defend attacks for rival and jump serving.

• I would add Gianluca Galassi among the Italian prospects in the middle. A player I like, but we've seen talented youngsters failing to integrate into senior volleyball. Besides, he may not be among the tallest MBs. But I think he may be on the right track.

It's not only players' fault. Top clubs in Italy have mostly foreign MBs. And if they have italians, they'll be bench players, like Cester in Lube.

• USA playing a very average match today, nothing to do with the monster performance against Italy. A good Iran could defeat them, but you never know what happens to this team after reaching pts 20.

edit: the US coach literally said "wait for them to collapse at the end of the set" :white:

• Unfortunately (for us Europeans) Iran couldn't pull through and let the US back into the match, quite a shame since they had their chances to win today. Completely threw away the second set.

I have little hopes to see two Europeans winning this tournament tickets, the US must lose both matches against Poland and Russia. In my opinion, the winner of Italy-Russia will grab the second ticket.

Canada at the olympic games :aww:

• Did Anyone see Grankin's ace in the first set as the last point of the set during Russia v Canada?

Masterpiece.

• Unfortunately (for us Europeans) Iran couldn't pull through and let the US back into the match, quite a shame since they had their chances to win today. Completely threw away the second set.

I have little hopes to see two Europeans winning this tournament tickets, the US must lose both matches against Poland and Russia. In my opinion, the winner of Italy-Russia will grab the second ticket.

Canada at the olympic games :aww:

Canada is an okay team...

And don't worry, US still has to play a very hard last round of matches. Nothing is decided at all and the key is match with Russia, I don't think we can say anything before that match is played.

I do agree with you with his dark job help the team a lot. I also like Kubiak with the way he leads his teammates.