Russia - Суперлига 2015/16

• Uralochka what a suprise!

Since 20 point Babeshina was playing almost only with MBs.

Welcome CL.

• When was the last time Karpol was playing the final in Russia?

2004-05. :win:

What a terrible mistake Zaryazhko did joining Dinamo-Kazan from next season: she won't play consistent anymore being nothing more than a cheerleader on court. She's playing in the less russian (in terms of style) team of her country, that's why she is shining all along.

• Definitely the Russian volleyball is a new era. And a new generation.

Players like Sokolova and Gamova has more gold medals and play well below that ever played.

Borodakova was always bad but now is the end of his career.

Ilchenko being protagonist and becoming full. Scherban, Goncharova, Zaryazhko ... is a new era for volleyball Russia, with new players becoming icons.

Particularly I am very happy for Ilchenko because in my opinion it is the only player capable of replacing Sokolova, with an aggressive attack and an excellent quality in the reception and block background.

• Only started watching the 4th set.. Has Gamova ever played in the match?

She was, but she was very very bad, very pissed off and frustrated at herself.

My compliments to Matthias for his predictions ealier today :)

Congrats to Karpol's girls, great surprise, well done! :flower:
    Sinead Jack is a monster :obey: :super:

• Pretty good match by Sinead, Irina Zaryazhko, Ilchenko and Marina Sheshenina.

Uralochka's defensive system worked pretty well today.

Great to see another team in final.

Congratulations to Uralochka. :woohoo:

• If I good remember last time Uralochka were in Final in 2003-2004 season because in season 2004-2005 Uralochka had to be relegated to League No 2 but Russian Federation created new format with 12 Teams. I think Ruiz, Barros and Jerkov played in 2004-05 and Ogienko was Coach.

• My compliments to Matthias for his predictions ealier today :)

It was not really a prediction, more a feeling that Uralochka is ready now. And lately I watched an interview with Sinead Jack from Trinidadian (?) TV on Youtube where she was asked about her club and she answered that last season they finished 3rd and this year the goal is to achieve a better result, and knowing Karpol I was sure the team would be very well prepared for the semifinal with this goal.

I could watch only half of first set unfortunately, but it was very interesting to see Safonova instead of Pisarenko in starting six. Anything wrong with Pisarenko or was it just Karpol's choice? Safonova is a very unusual player for nowadays, too short to play MB, very good in reception and defense, but better at hitting quick balls than high balls. That leaves Uralochka with Klimets being the only one to attack high balls, cause Ilchenko also gets rather fast sets to the outside and the pipe. Pisarenko used to be the other choice when there had to be a high ball, but she never was very convincing.

• It was not really a prediction, more a feeling that Uralochka is ready now. And lately I watched an interview with Sinead Jack from Trinidadian (?) TV on Youtube where she was asked about her club and she answered that last season they finished 3rd and this year the goal is to achieve a better result, and knowing Karpol I was sure the team would be very well prepared for the semifinal with this goal.

I could watch only half of first set unfortunately, but it was very interesting to see Safonova instead of Pisarenko in starting six. Anything wrong with Pisarenko or was it just Karpol's choice? Safonova is a very unusual player for nowadays, too short to play MB, very good in reception and defense, but better at hitting quick balls than high balls. That leaves Uralochka with Klimets being the only one to attack high balls, cause Ilchenko also gets rather fast sets to the outside and the pipe. Pisarenko used to be the other choice when there had to be a high ball, but she never was very convincing.

Pisarenko two days ago received a strong shoot to the head in training. She hit by Jack, and received a strong brain concussion.

• Pisarenko two days ago received a strong shoot to the head in training. She hit by Jack, and received a strong brain concussion.

:S Ouch...I wouldn't want to get hit by Jack either. In the last match of Uralochka against Leningradka, the opponent libero also seemed pretty scared of Jack's longline spikes :white:

• Bronze Medal match between Kazan and Krasnodar will decide who will play in CL and CEV Cup.

Moscow and Uralochka NTMK are in CL.

• Bronze Medal match between Kazan and Krasnodar will decide who will play in CL and CEV Cup.

Moscow and Uralochka NTMK are in CL.

I thought with the new CL formula maximum 2 teams per country will participate...or am I wrong?

• The best 4 countries ( Turkey, Russia, Poland and Azerbaijan) in the ranking have tree spots. 5~8( Italy, German, Switzerland and France) 2 spots and the others only one.

• Congrats to Uralochka, what a game by the middles but also Babeshina. I wonder what Ira has in her mind, having signed with Kazan already and her team advancing to CL. Sinead Jackson is such a monster, hopefully she will be taken by some big club next season, she's so good and has heen in Ekaterinburg for a long time.

Finally we are going to see a "Non Kazan-Moscow" final :cheesy:

• Congrats to Uralochka, what a game by the middles but also Babeshina. I wonder what Ira has in her mind, having signed with Kazan already and her team advancing to CL. Sinead Jackson is such a monster, hopefully she will be taken by some big club next season, she's so good and has heen in Ekaterinburg for a long time.

Finally we are going to see a "Non Kazan-Moscow" final :cheesy:

That was truely a big surprise, because Uralochka is playing a little one sided IMHO without fully convincing outside hitters. And therefore Moscow is still clear-cut favorite for me in final, featuring OHs like Fernanda Garay...

• Dinamo Krasnodar - Dinamo Kazan 3:2 (25:22, 20:25, 25:21, 24:26, 15:8 )

Kazan says: goodbye CL :wavy: