Russia - Суперлига 2015/16

• Another lame play-offs. I think the overall level of volleyball has dropped a lot compared to last 10 years. So boring, not entertaining at all, I don't think even the players are enjoying playing.

• Assuming Moscow gets to the final, they'll take their seventh silver medal in a row. There's no way Kazan will lose, even if Gamova plays with her left hand.

And after watching yesterday's battle Bergamo - Piacenza, this is very painful to watch.

• Sokolova is a joke, she simply can't move.
    Moscow, to be completely honest, they are doing nothing so specific, Krasnodar is just too weak.

• I think Krasnodar players have already given up on the match
    By thw way, can't they at least try the middles at least once???????

• Sokolova is really done as a player.. Final betweewn Moscow and Kazan will definitely be more interesting for sure, Goncha is so hungry for Gold that will be good motivation for her

• Everyone takes Kazan in the final for granted, and while I agree they're the favourite to beat Uralochka, also this match has yet to be played. Ilchenko had very good numbers lately, if she can keep that up today plus Uralochka's middles showing their A game, Kazan will have to work hard for their money.

Sokolova getting blocked by Pankova. And there still are people who consider her a shoe-in for Rio :roll:

• It's even more mysterious. How could Hodunova play for NT? She's playing like an amateur middle school girl that doesn't even know where she should stand :what: There's no one doing a good job aside from Malykh on Krasnodar's side.

Lyuba is showing why start players MUST know how to leave gracefully.

• I haven't been able to watch Morozova's game lately but is her performance good enough to be considered in NT?

• Garay serving on Sokolova reminds me of 2012... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• I haven't been able to watch Morozova's game lately but is her performance good enough to be considered in NT?

I don't think so. Her blocking is still good but not outstanding, and her contribution in attack is zero.

And here she was again, the queen of shanked passes after 20th point. Cost Russia the Gold in 2004 when they were up 2:1 and 23:21 and then China served 4 balls on Lyuba to win the set and eventually the match. Cost them the QF in 2012. Somebody should make a statistic of Lyuba's reception % after 20th point compared to before...

• I don't think so. Her blocking is still good but not outstanding, and her contribution in attack is zero.

Pity. She always seem to miss the big tournaments. OG 2012, WCH 2014, and now OG 2016. Thanks for the feedback, Matthias! :flower:

• I don't think so. Her blocking is still good but not outstanding, and her contribution in attack is zero.

And here she was again, the queen of shanked passes after 20th point. Cost Russia the Gold in 2004 when they were up 2:1 and 23:21 and then China served 4 balls on Lyuba to win the set and eventually the match. Cost them the QF in 2012. Somebody should make a statistic of Lyuba's reception % after 20th point compared to before...

Season 2004-05. Bergamo-Perugia. 2-2, 13-13 in the tie-break. Dorota Sweiniewicz serving on her. Break point (and match point), the end of the match. 2 reception mistakes killed by Perugia on the net.

• If you've been around almost 20 seasons, regularly playing BIG matches, you will find many, many times a player faulted at crucial moments. It's just the law of averages, and doesn't mean you are not a clutch player - you can find similar situations for everyone. She didn't shank because she is bad after 20 points, she shanked because she is no longer a good receiver at 38 years of age.

• Uralochka are leading 2 sets to 1.. Have 2 chances to eliminate Kazan..

Only started watching the 4th set.. Has Gamova ever played in the match?