2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Oh damn! This chinese team is really dangerous. They are very young, physically strong and technically good and still have seven or eight great years forward. It's going to be really hard to beat them at the Olympics, along with USA.

Thanks god we still play them before August.

• China is the one to beat this year. Lang Ping is a magnificent coach. Too bad back when she was with the USA brazil had the golden triangle -- Mari, Paula, Sheilla -- and the dynamic duo MBs -- Walewska and Fabiana. This time, these players are so young, athletic, and have thr size. I think we will see Chona dominating women's volleyball once again for the next 5 years.

However, I think Coach Ze of Brasil will surprise us once again this year. He always have something up in his sleeves. Remember that final in London where he pulled out the tactics that he discovered on 2011? Their all- star team are so much mature now. So I'm guessing we cannot write them off yet.

• Porto Rico! :super:

What a shame by Poland in last set: from 22-18 to 23-25 :aww:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• The presence of the big lady, Xu Yun-li (MB), makes a difference in the Chinese blocking effectiveness.

"Coach Lang Ping made the Terrible Mistake of using Setter Ding Xia again to start the third match which virtually Lost by the time she was replaced again. Ding Xia is China's shortest Setter at 1.80m and she suffers from losing form and not setting effectively for the attackers as the match progresses ( a problem she had already at her Club Liaoning which has not won any league titles). FORTUNATELY for CHINA, Lang Ping did not use her again for the rest of the Match. Teenager Gong Xiangyu was China's Savior with her flawless service for the Last few Points, and China's gritty performance ensured it won 3-1 by a narrow 25-23 margin in the fourth Set without the need for a decider." - It is Said American Darvid Koh (in Comments on Youtube) and I fully Agree with him !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sos:. Chinese Super-Teenager Gong ( № 14 ) - 100 % must to be in RIO-2016 and only in the Starting Six ( if China want Olympic Gold ). :offtopic:

• "Coach Lang Ping made the Terrible Mistake of using Setter Ding Xia again to start the third match which virtually Lost by the time she was replaced again. Ding Xia is China's shortest Setter at 1.80m and she suffers from losing form and not setting effectively for the attackers as the match progresses ( a problem she had already at her Club Liaoning which has not won any league titles). FORTUNATELY for CHINA, Lang Ping did not use her again for the rest of the Match. Teenager Gong Xiangyu was China's Savior with her flawless service for the Last few Points, and China's gritty performance ensured it won 3-1 by a narrow 25-23 margin in the fourth Set without the need for a decider." - It is Said American Darvid Koh (in Comments on Youtube) and I fully Agree with him !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sos:. Chinese Super-Teenager Gong ( № 14 ) - 100 % must to be in RIO-2016 and only in the Starting Six ( if China want Olympic Gold ). :offtopic:

Has that kid played any major tournament like World Cup or such? Because WGP is huge, but Olympic is on another level. Worried that the kid will crack under pressure.

• In the meanwhile, Dutch-Flemish derby is on. Holland leading by 2-0. Plak scores as much as she wants but at the same time she gives back the same amount of points to the opponent, she's so clumsy in defense and passing (obviously).

• Egonu without these extensions looks for me like Megan Easy :lol:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I honestly think this Belgian team should belong to Division 2. Although it seems like Van de Broek wants to give a chance to every player he has. The only impressive player so far is Herbots, considering her age and immaturity I find her performance pretty amazing. Heyrman and Aelbrecht playing okay, Leys being quiet but doing her job. However I'm doubtful if they can grab some wins in next two preliminary rounds, unless they play against Germany that have brought a very young team.

Edit : Natalie Lemmens wants to get mentioned :D She's doing a very good job in block.

• From the first week, it is already clear that the Top 4 teams will be BRA, USA, RUS, and CHI. Won't be surprise if these are the Final 4 on the Olynpics as well.

• China is war machine. They have the best coach. Cleary the best team in the world.

Usa good team, bad coach.

Brasil a step behind.

I don't see any other good teams. Maybe South Korea beciase of KYK.

• Don't forget Serbia, we haven't see Serbia in full roster. I'm very interested if they can keep that high level of game from World Cup.

• I'd have Beliën over De Kruijf in my team. She blocks better and attacks in different positions while Robin being a slider all the time.

It's pretty funny that both teams share the weakness and strength. Holland passing like crap but managing to score, Belgium receiving well but no one finishing the ball, the only good sign for them is Van Hecke is slowly getting her good shape.

• I really hope that Algeria will not play next year on WGP.

FIVB give some other country a chance..... If someone watched their games you will agree with me.