Russian NT 2016

• I don't understand your question

Pasynkova is in reserve in his time (Krasnodar), and Ilchenko is the holder in Uralochka, and has been making great games (my opinion) :roll:

• It is very clear what will be the 12 players who will go to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro by Russia:

Will be 2 setters: Startseva, I hope it is the holder and Kosianenko.

Both are in this whole Olympic cycle and only a serious injury takes one of the Olympics.

MB: Will be 3: Irina Zaryazhko is guaranteed. The other two slots will be played between 3 players in my opinion: Fetisova, Lyubushkina and Shlyakhovaya.

OH: Kosheleva, Sokolova and Scherban are guaranteed. If Marichev want to take a fourth tip, I think it will be Ilchenko. But Ilchenko wave is in serious danger because Marichev can also choose to take 3 opposite.

OPP: Goncharova and Gamova. Malykh can paint as the third opposite, which for me is useless in view of the first two, but as Malykh has been performing in all competitions for the Russian team, I believe that it does not get out. Thus, Ilchenko would be excluded from the main list. I much prefer Ilchenko, because in my opinion, she is the only player who can fulfill the role of Sokolova, excellent striker and excellent player in the pass.

L: Malova is a phenomenon.

In short: Ilchenko or Malykh. One does not go to Rio :teach:

• MB: Will be 3: Irina Zaryazhko is guaranteed. The other two slots will be played between 3 players in my opinion: Fetisova, Lyubushkina and Shlyakhovaya.

Zarya is the 1st MB choice, but I think Fetisova is also guaranteed. She participated in GP, WC, EuroVolley, and Euro olympic qualifiers so I think she's booked her spot. Not to mention she is one of the best servers of the team along with Startseva (which will come in handy if Pasynkova doesn't make the cut). So the competition is really between Lyubushkina and Shlyakhovaya as 3rd MB and I very much prefer Natsya.

• In Italy Malova would be considered nothing more than a decent libero. :white:

I agree. But she's not italian nor playing in Italy. For Russian standard she's really good.

• "Lyubov Sokolova refused to play for the Russian national team at the Olympics, but we hope that she will change her decision" source WoV

• Lyuba always says that she will play for NT, when she thinks she's good enough and can help the team. this season she had to use some injections to her feet because she had foot injuries. some ppl always talk shit about her just makes me sad to be honest.

• "Lyubov Sokolova refused to play for the Russian national team at the Olympics, but we hope that she will change her decision" source WoV

I think it's better for the team overall if Sokolova will not play as we have seen the rapid decline in her game, but if only Hodunova will take her spot, then I want Sokolova back. I think the OH roster during EuroVolley: Kosheleva, Ilchenko, Pasynkova plus Shcherban is most ideal. One OH might be sacked if Gamova decides to return to the team. That or Malykh :whistle:

• I would love seeing Babeshina in RIO 2016.

In my opinion the best Russia NT's setters duo are Sheshenina and Matienko, but I know it's impossible, so I would prefer Sheshenina and Startseva.

My Russia NT in RIO 2016

Setters: Sheshenina, Startseva

MBs: Zaryazhko, Fetisova, Shlyakhovaya

OHs: Kosheleva, Scherban, Ilchenko, Voronkova

OPPs: Goncharova, Gamova

Libero: Malova

• She has played 2 matches, but only two matches is not enough to consider a good or bad player (considering She just played two matches during all the season with the main team)

She has had a pretty good season in Uralochka last year, She has good connection with MB's and can use the OH fast.

I think Matienko and Kutiukova were underestimated during all the preparation to RIO 2016 for Marichev

• Kosianenko is basically a shoe-in for the setter position since half of the NT players come from Moscow. Startseva too is guaranteed as her blocking and serving skills are too good to pass up (and she also has Olympic experience). I would be really surprised if the latter two does not make the cut. It would be interesting though to see Sheshenina and Gamova play together reminds me of Athens 2004.

• This invitation is more than deserved, I don't care about the other two, because they are very similar right now but I think that Babeshina should make the cut.

• I was reading about Kosianenko and learned that her mother played on the NT. There was a video of the 1988 OG Russia-Japan match. Brought back memories...the granny panties shorts, the Sheena Easton hairstyle , the windmill style serve from the Japanese, and quick setting and arm swing of the hitters.

• Babeshina has been added to NT roster for the olympic games.
    I'm not that fond of this idea, though she played awesome this season. To me, she's the exact description of failures. I'd prefer Kosianenko and Startseva.

• I was reading about Kosianenko and learned that her mother played on the NT. There was a video of the 1988 OG Russia-Japan match. Brought back memories...the granny panties shorts, the Sheena Easton hairstyle , the windmill style serve from the Japanese, and quick setting and arm swing of the hitters.

Yes her late mother was the late Marina Nikulina-Pankova also the husband of the Head Coach of Zarechie..her mother was also a gold and silver medalist in 88 and 92 olympics respectively
    her mother was an Opposite and Setter during her playing years

• Babeshina has been added to NT roster for the olympic games.
    I'm not that fond of this idea, though she played awesome this season. To me, she's the exact description of failures. I'd prefer Kosianenko and Startseva.

I second this. Why gamble on a 'new' setter on the most important competition this year? If they really want to see how Babeshina plays out, maybe they can try her during Grand Prix.

• Gamova: "I want to say that I haven’t decided anything yet. There were a lot
    of rumors that I would supposedly finish my career after the Olympics…
    Who said that? Who made that decision for me? I have a few offers from
    Russia and from European and Asian clubs. But, it is not really
    important. The main thing for me now is to be useful to my team and to
    my country and to defend the colors of the Russian flag,”

You gotta give it to her, the girl is not giving up on her Olympic dream. Question is, can she handle being backup to Goncharova? Or Nataliya relegated again as OH :whistle: