2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• I dont know why they cant stop changing schedules, I think the schedule that scarpetta has shared is correct, cause that's more recent. They will change website's schedule later it is a little bit out of date usually

• They corrected days of a week (changed to Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) in a Men's schedule, but the hours remained the same. So as for now it seems that men's last day matches start at 1pm and 10.15pm local time. Same like women's on Saturday. I have no idea if that's the final call.

• They corrected days of a week (changed to Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) in a Men's schedule, but the hours remained the same. So as for now it seems that men's last day matches start at 1pm and 10.15pm local time. Same like women's on Saturday. I have no idea if that's the final call.

No you can check on the FIVB Olympic page...
    Womens 3rd place on Saturday at 9.30am and the Final at 10.15pm
    On sunday Men`s 3rd place is at 9.30am and the FINAL IS AT 1.15pm...

• Yes, but that's what Scarpetta and Arman tried to tell. It differs from this one http://www.fivb.org/Photos/VB_M_ScheduleRio2016.pdf For sure they corrected the days of week. Then why not the hours of the last two matches if they are not right? I'm not sayin' it's okay now. I'm just confused.

According to this, the women's third place match starts at 1pm, not 9.30am as you claim http://rio2016.fivb.com/en/volleyball/schedule#/d20160806

• It's interesting no one commented on FIVB decision to cancel "normal" 2 TTO. So in Rio only TO is going to come from coaches...

I don't like that decision at all.. it was a chance for players to take a break, coaches to give them some tips, and also it was seen as a 'goal', meaning the set is 'devided' by those TTO, so teams tend to 'win' the first TTO and the second TTO

• It's interesting no one commented on FIVB decision to cancel "normal" 2 TTO. So in Rio only TO is going to come from coaches...

Good decision, I think instead of imposing weird laws to reduce match time it's better to reduce the stops during the match, I think it is meaningless in a match that the winner gets at least 75 points they celebrate after each point.

I would like to see it in action first and then I would write more. Theoretically, I am against the constant change of rules and especially against those concerning reduction for TV coverage. This one is purely dealing with pleasing televisions but it's not a totally bad idea to cut 2 TOs (TTOs actually) when there are still 4 more to grab. I will write back later about that.

I read Mark Lebedew's blog this morning, he criticized the distribution of pools, that is how uneven they are. Although it is true that there are better teams in Pool A, history has often picked a tournament's winner from the supposedly weaker pool. And there are volleyball examples to that phenomenon. I, for instance, am looking forward to watching Pool B just as much as Pool A.

• Rules are rules, it's riddiculous to change them due TV. We are talking about max 10 minutes in 5 setter match, not 20+ minutes. That's vball charm, TTO's... It's sad to see FIVB is adjusting for broadcasting without any bigger improvement for vball

• I just turned on the game at 12-3. I am going, what the hell happened. Then looking at the Rio point detail, 9-0 Italy, holy cow. Then Italy give it back to 1 point?

This is going to be a crazy match, and we've just finished one set.

• My opinion on the TTO, we need television money to keep the sport alive. We also need action to keep flowing though. Ary Graca is trying to get matches under 2 hours. This is his experiment to do that.

If you had 1 TTO (1-2 minutes) at 13, and 1 timeout per team (1 min each), plus challenges. I think that this would give enough time for advertisers. The only other way is to reduce the number points to win a set.

• Wow! I really didnt expect such a poor performance by France. Really...what a mess! After the World League, i didnt expect Italy would be son convicing.

Blengini is so lucky