Turkish League 2016/2017

• I couldnt watch the first set but GS played really bad in the last two sets. They showed what they can when they receive well and play as à team. They should watch Vakıfbank matches to see what they can do and actually can do much better than this. Güldenız has to receive better and they need to dig Natalia's attacks somehow. We will sure watch better matches in 2nd and 3rd rounds. Remember that Vakıf and Eczacı didnt do much better against Fenerbahçe this season, it was lots of up and downs

• It is a pure security measure: likely the "fans" of Fenerbahce and Galatasaray would beat each others...

Yep, that's what I meant by 'ugly scenes', also that would have delayed the match for hours or have interrupted the game :thumbdown:

By the way it is told that this is the first Fener-Gala final in 56 years :box:

• Did VakifBank automatically qualify for Champions League next season by winning the competition this past weekend? Or do they need to beat Eczacibasi now to qualify?

Well Pomi didn't qualify for this year's edition by winning the 2016 CL so I'm guessing the same will happen for Vakifbank. Of course CEV could introduce some rule change if they wanted to. But yeah, the winner of this match qualifies to next year's CL I think

• I don't think so. This is a different case. Having 4 turkish Teams would be too mich even if this is a strong and the last champion one, in the case Vakif won't qualify to the CL.
    Eczaci can do a favour to everyone competing next year at the CL and especially to themeselves by winning the 3rd position in TL. They eventually will win the next CL. The only team who stopped them and cut their dreams off the CL title was Vakifbank. And if Vakif wont qualify for the next year edition they surely want to take this title and it wont be a tough one.

Sure this is sport and no one knows what can happen especially with the other teams. In a way it is in ECZ own hands to write their future in the next CL edition with the matches with Vakifbank starting today.

• To be fair to Barbolini I think it is the right choice. Larson is needed for reception, Adams is the only good MB, Ognjenovic is much better than Nilay and Boskovic is the best attacker. If Kosheleva was in the roster which foreigner do you think he should take out?

• I dont know Im not sure but I would take Boskovic out and would try Larson-Neslihan-Kosheleva, Kosheleva playing as non receiving OH.

Yeah that could work. I just think Kosheleva has not played too many good matches for ECZ, Boskovic has been a lot more reliable this year though even she's not been so good in the last few matches

• I dont know Im not sure but I would take Boskovic out and would try Larson-Neslihan-Kosheleva, Kosheleva playing as non receiving OH.

Boskovic is a once in a generation talent. I don't think Vitra would be that moronic not to give her playing time. Terzic will probably be aghast at the idea of his best player not playing. I mean atleast when she plays badly there's still Neslihan to take over for her.

I think Vitra should focus more on developing their young local players. Hande can be something else in years to come. It's probably the best for her country and club to prioritize her development.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Nilay Just crushed VitrA's chances in second set. It's better put only Tijana on the net, and let Neslihan set, I'm sure she would do a better job.

• Ever since ECZ lost that 2-0 20-10 lead against Vakifbank they have been pathetic against them. They played such a good match at the CWCH but now they just can't do anything about them.

What does Larson even do anymore? She can't kill a ball and all her receptions go to the 3m line at best

• Vitra playing better without Larsonn. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The most expensive roster in volleyball-history looks so pathetic....

Must be a huge frustration for ECZ-management/directors...

And once again Guidetti > Barbolini...

Barbolini reminds me of Lorenzo Micelli....after good results in Italy, hired by ECZ...but in Turkey both failed...Barbolini even3 times...GS, Turkish National Team and now ECZ....

It seems to me Pomi's CL-victory was a lucky shot...I don't understand at all if Novara wants Barbolini as headcoach...since he is not the right one to develop young players...