• From their traditional to now Q-Pop dsjnfsdjksdjkfn :rolll: yes I'm a Kazakh stan

pls stream and like guys xo <3 they are new and deserve some love

Edit: omg if u are LGBT+ they are openly representing and supporting them xheat one of em is on the asexual spectrum

• 2021 still listening to this song, and still re-watching this drama.

don't know the drama but it's a nice song. very mandarin-y

• More Turkic cultural music for sitenoise :rolll: and others ofc

We should all stream the next Turkvision nfsdjnkfdsjknfdsjk

Is that Tugba? :)

• More Turkic cultural music

I once did a deep dive into world music and concluded Turkey made the best "Pop" music. The cool thing is, is that without cultural immersion/understanding, I don't know if I'm listening to the equivalent of Celine Dion, Madonna, Taylor Swift, or Sineád O'Connor. So everything is free. No baggage

• I once did a deep dive into world music and concluded Turkey made the best "Pop" music. The cool thing is, is that without cultural immersion/understanding, I don't know if I'm listening to the equivalent of Celine Dion, Madonna, Taylor Swift, or Sineád O'Connor. So everything is free. No baggage

:thumbup: I love discovering music from all around the world as well, be it pop, folk, rock, electro etc. It's always interesting to see and almost every country manages to break any pre-conceived prejudices. Being a world citizen is the most fun :saint:

Turkish pop music is really an open field btw right now, for the good and worse :D You could record a video right now and send it to the largest music distributing platform right now on YT Turkey and it would get uploaded and in fact I have noticed people from all around the world doing so lol.

some random girl from West-Africa can also be Turk-Pop :box:

The equivalents of the names you mentioned are certainly there but only vaguely and less so with time

• Altinli, what's the deal with Turkvision? Who can sing there?

Last year, Poland was part of that contest and the country was represented by woman from Belarus. And language of that song was azerbaijani :D

• Altinli, what's the deal with Turkvision? Who can sing there?

Last year, Poland was part of that contest and the country was represented by woman from Belarus. And language of that song was azerbaijani :D

:rolll::rolll: Yea sometimes it really can get confusing lmao. The whole show is so random, there were a few times some songs were even literally stolen like word for word despite having to have original songs. I hope to see Work Bitch performed soon

But yea so the Turkic states can take part: Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan etc.

Then the Turkic autonomous regions like the Bashkorts in the video sent and Saha Republic/Yakutia and others mostly in Russia and also some in China and Mongolia but I don't think they took part yet. Northern Cyprus also.

Then the countries with Turkic minorities can take part I think and the countries that have had significant contact with Turkic cultures. So it's really quite an open field once again :rolll: if you just say you have a Tatar grandma I'm sure they'd allow you f.e. :lol:

• The equivalents of the names you mentioned are certainly there but only vaguely and less so with time

Curious, honest question: Do you have a notion of what USA 'cultural' music is? In order to not sway an answer I won't give examples

It's sort of the same with food (depends on who you ask) ... Hot dogs are culturally american? Tamales are "ethnic"? It's weird

• Curious, honest question: Do you have a notion of what USA 'cultural' music is? In order to not sway an answer I won't give examples

It's sort of the same with food (depends on who you ask) ... Hot dogs are culturally american? Tamales are "ethnic"? It's weird

I have ideas I think, in some ways I always felt USA and Turkey are similar, so diverse throughout the years ethnically, culturally and a mix of many which affects the culture as well. I think there are several cultural music forms depending on region, ethnicity for example native americans are culturally very distinct originally, the black people, hispanics, italo-americans, anglo-americans etc. all have their differences but the mishmash all together is what would make the ''USA'' culture at least that's how I view it, and its the same way with certain regions.

I would think something like country would be considered cultural by most though. And maybe music from people like Elvis Presley.

Of course this is all what I made of it, you would know better. In general we are heavily influenced by the US as well though like most of Europe and parts of Asia which leads to many knowing a lot about the country.

• Country was my first thought for cultural USA music as well but it must be heavily dependent on region and ethnicity. I believe blues and jazz have massive cultural significance, especially for African-Americans, possibly ragtime too. I'm sorry to say I don't know much about Native American music culture at all but of course they will have some too.

• Of course this is all what I made of it, you would know better.

That's what's interesting to me. I'm in it, and part of a certain 'group', so what I may think is clouded. That's why I'm curious what 'outsiders' think. Setting aside what may be significant or important to various communities, I was curious about what 'outsiders' "associate" with USA musically.

What I think is 'culturally' USA , like Sisko , is country music. Blues and jazz as well -- but they aren't 'poppy' (mostly). So if someone in Russia, for example, hears a 'country' style tune they will/can think: "That's USA music" ... even if it's some French dude wearing a beret singing it

"Pop" music seems to be this thing, this 'style', that sticks out. It's community music, and can be from any genre, I guess. And by "Pop" I don't mean it as a short version of 'popular'

btw - Turkey won the Pop category in my dive. Overall 'best' went to northern Africa (of course this is completely subjective to my personal taste)

• Damn, that is good. I think that it may be from the song actually about 2 minutes in.

This is really good. Italian music is always really good.

I have perfect hearing :lol: and this Imoco used other version that I think I like much more...

So still I would be thankful if anyone one knows Imoco version.

Anyway thanks brahmin ;)