CEV Men’s European Championship 2019 - hosts France, Slovenia, Belgium and the Netherlands

• Slovenia might as well station two blockers on the left side for Sokolov to be sure.:white:

Italy lost Lanza (already back home due to injury), Lavia, Colaci and Giannelli (viral gastroenteritis). I guess that's what it takes to see new faces in the NT.

Lanza is not really a big loss but thank god this did not happen to Giannelli during the IOQT v Serbia and Australia. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sokolov virtually covers a one and a half player with his body size. Vincic should have been more cautious when he's in front to block.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• From 21-24, to 27-25! What a come back by Bulgaria! Sokolov was blocked at least 2 times in the last part of the set, but he was a key factor cheering up his team.

Poor decisions by Vincic...

In the other match, Ukraine is 1-0 in sets and 10-7 in the second set against Belgium. For me, they are the last dark horse alive.

• Bulgaria is probably only team in the world that can lead with 10 points and still lose or barely win a set. :white:

#FreeBritney

• I think Bulgaria should live and die with Atanasov and Skrimov until somebody screws up.

I don't know if Skirimov is back to his form after the nasty injury he incurred during the Brazil IOQT match but they really need his serve to work his magic and the pipe attack to confuse Slovenia block.

#FreeBritney

• I have just lost the count of how many times Sokolov has been blocked. He always has to face 2 blockers. So far, Slovenia with 9 blocks in 2 sets and a half :white:

• Dimitrov's sets to 4 are a little high and out of sync.

#FreeBritney

• What a disastrous substitution.:white:

#FreeBritney

• Ukraine is a good team. Two of their OHs play in the top 2 leagues of Europe. It was not easy for Belgium especially with a new coach.

#FreeBritney

• congrats to slovenia. They could have won this game 3x0. They had 24x22 in first set.

In the 2nd set Bulgaria had 5x1 and Cebulj served really well. After that, Bulgaria dissapeard.

This was a really bad game of Sokolov. And without him Bulgaria had no chance.

I think the time of Gasparini is over. He have difficults in attack and his serve is not the same as some years ago. The problem is that Stern is not so effective, specially with high balls.

Cebulj had an amazing game. Slovenia served really well and it made things easily.

Imo Russia and Poland are the best teams in Europe, and i dont think slovenia or any other team can defeat them, only if they have a really bad night. But i will be with slovenia. At least i hope they can play a good game.

• Some Italian players also got food poisoned before the match.

Was Juan injured in this game? I hope he's ok.

Juan is the core player of Italy if they wanna beat France in 1/4 final. Zaytsev is not as solid as before.

Antonov was horrible in this game. Lanza's already sent home after the injury.

• Slovenia takes 1se set against Russia.. At the last point, Poletaev landed on Muserskiy's right foot please no more injuries for the Russian team

• Kliuka is underperforming a little by his standards. Russia not so dominant in attack