Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• i got home and was able to watch only the third set in which Beylikdüzü was collapsed entirely

i didnt like setter Kelly Hunter during the third set..her sub. was even worse..Drews played a weak set (third)..so did Lee.

i hope they can play better next time

seems we will have to wait till some CL matches (implying the Italian teams) and the teams like Vakıf or Fener in the league to see Eczacı's real might

• i got home and was able to watch only the third set in which Beylikdüzü was collapsed entirely

i didnt like setter Kelly Hunter during the third set..her sub. was even worse..Drews played a weak set (third)..so did Lee.

i hope they can play better next time

Drews played good in set 1, Lee played good in set 2 actually. But reception was terrible so they couldn't keep up their level. I liked especially Lee (offensively) at times but her reception... Kelly Hunter and her sub were also bad all match. Seray Altay didn't get a chance except for a brief second.

• I wasn't able to watch it after all, will watch it now, but it seems it was yet another match where the opponents weren't able to score even 50 points, even though Eczaci still didn't play with the strongest lineup.

• I wasn't able to watch it after all, will watch it now, but it seems it was yet another match where the opponents weren't able to score even 50 points, even though Eczaci still didn't play with the strongest lineup.

i think this kind of matches could be misleading us into seeing them stronger than they really are ..kind of deceptive...better to wait till the matches vs the better opponents

• i think the matches against Fenerbahçe , Vakıfbank , Praia, Minas and even maybe Ekaterinburg,Galatasaray and Kazan will be better indicators to see Eczacıbaşı Vitra's real power.. later, Conegliano, Novara and Scandicci matches

• Well, let's give it a try :D

GS 3-1 BJK

Aydın 3-2 Karayolları

Halkbank 1-3 THY

FB 3-2 VB (:p go Melissa Vargas)

Nilüfer 3-1 Çanakkale

• I add the current betting quotes for comparison:

Galatasaray vs. Besiktas 1.4 vs. 3

Aydin vs. Karayollari 1.3 vs. 3.5

Halkbank vs. Thy 4.5 vs. 1.2

Fenerbahce vs. VakifBank 3.25 vs. 1.3

Nilüfer vs. Cannakkale 1.3 vs. 3.4

Personally speaking, I don't expect Fenerbahce to win against VakifBank mainly by serving well (i.e. Bricio and Vargas), I don't consider VakifBanks reception that weak.

• im no good at it but some of those numbers seemed exaggerated to me..

especially

Galatasaray vs Beşiktaş (i dont think Gala has a clear adv. to Beşiktaş in this match with 1.3 to 3.5)

Aydın vs Karayolları (same here)

not right ?

• Beylikduzu vs Eczacibasi is not worth watching. ECZ played bad, but Beylikduzu was simply awful...

• Canter I don't think thats considered clear fave, though sure fave. Ecz for example was I think 1.02 or something, now that is clear. Also the odds can go up and down until the match starts... So far I agree, I would thought Gala BJK 1.5 vs 2.5 maybe and Aydin Karayollari something like 1.7 vs 2.1

The other ones look fair enough and I don't think they will change pre-match.

Obviously also more people will trust to bet on Galatasaray over Bjk because of years of volleyball experience and Aydin over Karayollari probably bcs of home advantage, what people are willing to bet on changes odds. Sometimes this gives bookmakers that kind of 'fave' illusion and obv bookmakers are far from always right...

Edit: so I have this app downloaded called 'SofaScore' and I checked what people voted for, indeed 89% Galatasaray there and 71% Aydin (though not so many voted yet) its a nice indication to see what people think and that changes the odds

• I just realized that the game between Beylikduzu and Ezcasibasi might be the first time Kelly Hunter facing her college team legend, Jordan Larson across the net. Both Hunter and Larson are alumni of the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, a school that also has a legendary women's volleyball program in NCAA. Hunter is class2014 and Larson is class2005. Congrats to the two cornhuskers!

• Beylikduzu is super weak. It was worse than a training session.. U could tell Boskovic was not even into it. And to think there's probably a couple of teams that might be worse than them.... 🤧

But in Italy things have been disappointing so far as well ... I don't see how Conegliano and Novara won't reach the final again.

• Much money is pouring in on Fenerbahce right now though, during the last hours or so. When StefanS wrote them down some hours ago the odds on Fener was - as he wrote - 1.30, but now they are down to 1.20 or even a bit less pretty much everywhere. The price on Fener on the other hand has been bosted from about 3.3 to 4.0, a significant rise in such a short period of time.

• btw I notice Lauren Gibbemeyer looks really nervous and shaky so far in Eczaci , I can see she feels like she needs to prove herself more in this all star squad but I don't think such pressure is going to help her game at all...

Anyone else noticed?

• Beylikdüzü played a lot better vs FB, a set 32-24 and won a set and lead another 23-21 Idk if people forgot, this is a super new team also on their side, but they have to make the team work fast without having individual world class players all ready... That will take even more time, to be honest if they fix their reception problem, I believe they can already go far.