Brazilian Women's Super League 2018/2019

• I don' get why Tainara was benched all season :|

Thaisa and Walewska are playing really good :rose:

Tainara is still too green. She plays superbly one day (like tonight) and then doesn't do anything the other. She might turn out great with more time on court.

• Skowronska is the best player this year. By really far. I just love her. I have a huge respect for her too. I'm sure she is really happy to play in high level again.

Barueri is supposed to have two receiving OHs (Amanda and Maira) but none of them can actually receive. It's pathetic.

• Bauru just beat Rio 3-1. :what:

That was the most unexpected result by far, which is actually really good for the competition. I am hoping that Sesi Bauru and Barueri will be able to make it to the playoffs because in the past years we always had predictable results in quarter-finals, and that's a little boring.

• QUARTERFINALS

Curitiba Vôlei 0x3 ITAMBÉ/Minas stats video

Curitiba:

Minas:

MVP: Natália (OH)

DENTIL/Praia Clube 3x0 Fluminense F.C. stats video

Praia: Fabiana (MB) 15, Carol (MB) 14, Fê Garay (OH) 12;

Fluminense: Pri Daroit (OH) 11, Joycinha (OPP) 9, Thaisinha (OH) 6;

MVP: Michelle (OH)

HINODE/Barueri 3x2 AUDAX/Osasco Vôlei stats part1 part2 part3

Barueri: Skowronska (OPP) 26, Tainara (OH) 18, Thaísa (MB) 17 -5b, 1a-;

Osasco: Angela Leyva (OH) & Hooker (OPP) 20, Walewska (MB) 19 -6b, 3a-;

MVP: Tainara Santos (OH) 19 years old

SESI/Vôlei Bauru 3x1 SESC-RJ stats video

Bauru: Tifanny (OH) 20, Gabi Cândido (OH) 16, Andressa (MB) 13;

Rio de Janeiro: Monique (OPP) 15, Drussyla (OH) 14, Yonkaira Peña (OH) 11;

MVP: Gabi Cândido (OH)

• That was the most unexpected result by far, which is actually really good for the competition. I am hoping that Sesi Bauru and Barueri will be able to make it to the playoffs because in the past years we always had predictable results in quarter-finals, and that's a little boring.

yeah, I agree 100%. Bauru actually played like a really good and organized (!) team yesterday, which was a fun sight. Gabi Cândido is rising to the occasion too and I’m lowkey loving it. lol I do think Sesc will turn it around, but oh boy it’d be fun to see both them and Osasco (mostly Osasco though lmao) out this early.

• yeah, I agree 100%. Bauru actually played like a really good and organized (!) team yesterday, which was a fun sight. Gabi Cândido is rising to the occasion too and I’m lowkey loving it. lol I do think Sesc will turn it around, but oh boy it’d be fun to see both them and Osasco (mostly Osasco though lmao) out this early.

I wasnt able to watch any of these matches- gutted! - Very surprising. what made the difference? Sesc have got all the skill and should have the tactical ability to tear apart Bauru's passing, and generally they have better block defence. I really thought these would be really telling in this match...wow. I am also surprised about Gabi - I haven't watched a lot of matches but the few I watched she didn't seem to be very effective, especially in her offence. Good to see the young players stepping it up

As for Thaisa- stats would suggest she is improving? I personally think Thaisa, along with Eda form Turkey are rare two middle players who also have good ball control skills, and can pass and set with precision - I quite like to see them playing, so I low-key hope Thaisa is getting better..

• I wasnt able to watch any of these matches- gutted! - Very surprising. what made the difference? Sesc have got all the skill and should have the tactical ability to tear apart Bauru's passing, and generally they have better block defence. I really thought these would be really telling in this match...wow. I am also surprised about Gabi - I haven't watched a lot of matches but the few I watched she didn't seem to be very effective, especially in her offence. Good to see the young players stepping it up

As for Thaisa- stats would suggest she is improving? I personally think Thaisa, along with Eda form Turkey are rare two middle players who also have good ball control skills, and can pass and set with precision - I quite like to see them playing, so I low-key hope Thaisa is getting better..

Thaisa will never each her prime again, not only because of the serious injury but because of her age too. However I think she's been playing amazing last rounds and could be in any top team of the world again.

• A injured Natalia and Thaiza are still better way than more than half of the current players playing any top team in the world. I mean if Thaiza or Natalia were playing for Vitra they certainly would not have lost for Conegliano....simple as that.

• Honestly I never thought that Skowronska and Thaisa would get back to playing such high level volleyball after those horrible injuries they got. :thumbup:to them for not letting injuries stop them even as older players.

• 25-17. Osasco is hopeless. Leyva is playing horrible, especially in reception and this affects the entire game. Personally also Mari Paraiba is quite bad lately,she can't receive decently and she is mot decisive in attack. Hooker has been blocked, Lorenne came in and made a couple of errors.. no alternatives in Osasco (except Paula maybe)!