CEV Champions League 2019

• Crovolley will be mad at this. :gone:

• Zehra is attacking is as an opposite when she attacks behind the setter:D

Easy game so far for Vakifbank.

• Scandicci will not play in their own arena/city today at home against LKS Lodz. The venue has been moved away from their usual home court Palazzetto Dello Sport in Scandicci to Nelson Mandela Arena, located in Florence, just some 6 km nearby.

• What an exhausting, grueling rally at the last point of the set in the second between Moscow and Bucuresti! Moscow looks so passionate on court with Havelkova, she brings a lot of positive energy to the team.

• Great defence by the Japanese and Balkestein-Grothues of Bucuresti! Unfortunately they rely to much on the attack power of Kodola. Trushkina also contributes in attack, but she makes to many unforced errors.

• Moscow has involved their MBs more in the attacking part of the game more than I have ever seen them during the Goncharova-era, and it has paid dividends. Efimova and Fetisova have been given almost as many sets as Havelkova and Scherban during the first couple of sets. Nothing strange with it since Ognjenovic is far more skilled than her predecessors, but nice to see anyway. On a side note, intriguingly Ognjenovic seems to trust Efimova way more than Fetisova hitherto, although Fetisova has been 100%-ish while being rewarded with some chances to go for it.

• Moscow has involved their MBs more in the attacking part of the game more than I have ever seen them during the Goncharova-era. Efimova and Fetisova have been given almost as many sets as Havelkova and Scherban during the first couple of sets.

Yes indeed, Ognjenovic is doing a great job involving the middles!

• What a shame, Bucuresti really deserved a set! At the end all balls went to Goncharova again:rolleyes:

• Bucuresti have a really fun game top watch with incredible defence but Moscow are almost unrecognizable now from the team that gave that embarrassing performance against Fener a month ago and they were too strong today. Nice game even if it was 0-3.

• Goncharova was a shadow of herself initially but emerged as her real self during crunch time in the end of the third when it mattered the most and saved Moscow for the win. Moscow received a bit shaky at times, although it´s visibly improved since the beginning of the season.

14/20 in attack by Efimova and 8/9 by Fetisova.

• Russian and Serbian have quite a lot in common so she probably is able to learn it very quickly

There are some very big and significant differences between Serbian and Russian, and the two are not mutually intelligible. Still, of course you can pick up the basics far more quickly than with a totally unrelated language, like for example Turkish.

I must say I thought Maja's decision to join Dinamo was very weird, but so far she really seems to be thriving there - good to see!

• There are some very big and significant differences between Serbian and Russian, and the two are not mutually intelligible. Still, of course you can pick up the basics far more quickly than with a totally unrelated language, like for example Turkish.

sorry yes, I just meant it would be easier to learn in the sense that they are both Slavic languages, not that they are the same language. In the same way that it is easier for me to learn other Germanic languages than it is trying to learn other language categories since English is my first language

• I must say I thought Maja's decision to join Dinamo was very weird, but so far she really seems to be thriving there - good to see!

She looks like she’s relaxed and enjoying playing which is nice of course. Also I think she’s a really good singing by Dinamo due to her ability to set the middles better than the Russian setters who we usually see at Moscow. The OHs aren’t going to score too many points so it’s great that the MBs can help Goncharova.

• Now after two of six match weeks we have as no surprise all clubs of Istanbul (VakifBank, Eczacibasi and Fenerbahce) and two from Italy (Novara and Scandicci)) leading their respective (five in total) pools. The only surprise is in pool D, where all teams have one win and one loss, so Scandicci is leading due points and Conegliano trailing due points (!).