CEV Cup 2019

• Hosts won now 25:22 the third set and gained the first point. It will be interesting, if Dresden can continue this level of resistance or will now collapse physically and/or in their heads.

• A major fault by Busto Arsizio - they let Dresden into the tie-break and lost a point at home already. Maybe the head coach didn't take it seriously enough? After shortening streak of Dresden in fourth a timeout would have been vital, I think.

• HUGE mess in Norway - the match between Førde VBK and the French side Saint Raphael had to be stopped in the third set because a player from the away team got injured and there was no one to substitute her, as the French team showed up with only six players! They were leading 2-0 when it happened, but then had to forfeit the next 3 sets and consequently the match.

The Norwegians are furious because it was supposed to be a big day for their little amateur club, making their debut in the CEV Cup, and now it was ruined for them.

• How is that even posible ??? Like wtf ?

• I hope that CEV will punish them for doing things like this !!!

• Finally Busto Arsizio saved at least two points at home, winning tie-break with 15:10. But they have the burden, to give away a point without any need in fourth set, when they could have finished it easily with huge advantage already. So Dresden will try everything to capitalize of this - for sure unexpected - point abroad in full Margon hall at home in return match. I hope, Busto Arsizio will prepare better this time and be more careful in critical moments than.

• Pfeffinger and Dudingen lost from Oudegem and Fatum! I expected better results for the best teams of Switzerland.

Volero did a good job to make Swiss league appear better as it is - even Pfeffingen is weaker than last season.

• What a joke!! This is why volleyball is not growing... Smh and this is professionals

So far I know there are minimum numbers of players to be available for a match by CEV - 12 in CL, 11 in CEV Cup, so this behaviour by St.Raphael should be punishable and be punished to the full extend IMHO.

• Maybe it was a little advantage for Dresden today, that German clubs play the Mikasa ball all the time, while Busto Arsizio plays in A1 with Molten balls and was for the first time in this season using the Mikasa in a match of duty. But usually Italian teams adapt very well to this ball feature difference and especially the Yellow Tigers Grobelna and Herbots are used to the Mikasa of course.

• Pfeffinger and Dudingen lost from Oudegem and Fatum! I expected better results for the best teams of Switzerland.

Not surprised that Fatum was a bit stronger than Düdingen. IMO, overall, Fatum is also the (slightly) stronger team "on paper".

Sm'Aesch Pfeffingen played with a 16 year old setter and maybe is able to turn it around at home if the main setter (who is out with a concussion, i think) can play (but of couse her health is more important and things should never be rushed in such cases!).

• HUGE mess in Norway - the match between Førde VBK and the French side Saint Raphael had to be stopped in the third set because a player from the away team got injured and there was no one to substitute her, as the French team showed up with only six players! They were leading 2-0 when it happened, but then had to forfeit the next 3 sets and consequently the match.

The Norwegians are furious because it was supposed to be a big day for their little amateur club, making their debut in the CEV Cup, and now it was ruined for them.

I wonder who is that lucky person who bet a lot of money on the Norwegian club and is a millionaire now :whistle: This is just too suspicious to not have some dirty background. No team travels with just 6 players, Norway isn't Vladivostok and Saint Raphael is not some poor club from a small country :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

• I wonder who is that lucky person who bet a lot of money on the Norwegian club and is a millionaire now :whistle: This is just too suspicious to not have some dirty background. No team travels with just 6 players, Norway isn't Vladivostok and Saint Raphael is not some poor club from a small country :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Wow I didn't even think of this but now you say it I agree with this and ironically it seems for whatever reason volleyball betting has become very popular in last couple month especially, a big raise out of nowhere... Obviously this helps make the sport more popular but in the worst way possible as well... I don't like to see our innocent volleyball become like tennis and football :( I expect more suspicious matches soon.

Saint Raphael deserves huge punishment!

• Yeah, CEV definitely needs to investigate this. Even if it turns out there wasn't any match fixing involved and it was all down to reducing the travel expenses, showing up for a game with only six players is simply unacceptable for a professional team. It's hugely disrespectful to the sport itself. Saint Raphael should at the very least be expelled from the CEV cup and be suspended from all European competitions next season.

• As you can see on CEV site, St.Raphael has 11 players - it would have been possible for them, to send only 8 without taking any risk like that against such an underdog. This is really highly suspicious, because they won two sets and took a point, when they exited...

• im guessing Dresdner isnt as strong as Stuttgart or Schwerin in the German league , right ?

yet they managed to get two sets from Busto..i hope they can succeed at home ..Busto is one of the good playing teams of Serie A1 currently so Dresdner should play its best in the return match at home

• im guessing Dresdner isnt as strong as Stuttgart or Schwerin in the German league , right ?

yet they managed to get two sets from Busto..i hope they can succeed at home ..Busto is one of the good playing teams of Serie A1 currently so Dresdner should play its best in the return match at home

I read both press coverages by Busto and Dresden, and have a few more remarks: most experienced and best middle of Busto, Sara Bonifacio was out due to a muscular issue, but the other two young Italians Botezat and Berti were not bad it seems. More serious was, that both opposites were not in shape: Grobelna and her replacement, young Alice Piani, which harmed the offensive of Busto. On the other hand Dresden served risky and well and was a bit lucky too in fourth set, I think, maybe Busto was too sure in that set already leading 19:12?

And yes, Piia Korhonen is injured at Dresden (long name Dresdner Sportclub, is often written weird in tickers by the way), so Lena Stigrot, who has experience with this role, is playing on opposite position now (she is primarily OH). Stuttgart and Schwerin are currently stronger as Dresden and It think, this will not change even with the return of Korhonen.

• I read both press coverages by Busto and Dresden, and have a few more remarks: most experienced and best middle of Busto, Sara Bonifacio was out due to a muscular issue, but the other two young Italians Botezat and Berti were not bad it seems. More serious was, that both opposites were not in shape: Grobelna and her replacement, young Alice Piani, which harmed the offensive of Busto. On the other hand Dresden served risky and well and was a bit lucky too in fourth set, I think, maybe Busto was too sure in that set already leading 19:12?

i didnt know Dresdner won that set from 19-12..good job....about Grobelna's being out of shape..i think its not an excuse...but the absence of Boniacio could be a more reasonable reason though she is a MB and MBs dont make that big difference in the matches ( excluding some great MBs in the World)..sure Dresdner will need great serves again at home so that means taking some risks