2018 Pan American Cup

• terrible what's going on with PER volleyball. crazy, and tragic.

it seems the pool play is over, and in spite of USA loss to CUB, it didn't affect their standings in the group. however, it probably cost the US a direct spot in the semis. also, CAN beat DOM 3-0 !!!!! so both CAN and BRA advanced to semis directly, and the QF are USA x COL and DOM x PUR.

also it looks like ARG took BRA to 5 sets. i wonder if BRA played with bench players? although that was risky because they barely edged out US for the automatic semi spot.

what the heck is wrong with DOM? and they are playing at home!

• D.Republic lost for Canada but the night before....or shall we say morning before they played against Peru and that match started at 1.38 AM (local time) and it ended at 3:00 AM... D.Republic played 2 games in the same day......one at 1:30am and the next at 10pm....

Brazil is only using this tournament for Thaiza and Dani Lins to get some dust off.

• D.Republic lost for Canada but the night before....or shall we say morning before they played against Peru and that match started at 1.38 AM (local time) and it ended at 3:00 AM... D.Republic played 2 games in the same day......one at 1:30am and the next at 10pm....

Brazil is only using this tournament for Thaiza and Dani Lins to get some dust off.

Dani Lins and Thaisa still has their beautiful connection. Wow. I only wish that Thaisa can come back to her old form. I doubt if she'll ever be back to her peak before Rio, but even at this form she's dominating the middle.

• It wasn't scheduled like this. There was a delay due to a leak in the roof and rain coming in, thus the night match.

Yeah, that's right. But the schedule as a whole is odd too, basically no games begin at the time they were supposed to and they're always late, no matter the weather conditions.

Brazil vs Colombia match was delayed like 4 hours. It changed all the schedule. It was supposed Dominican Republic vs Peru match would have been played at 20:00, but it was played at 1:00 as you said. The next day, Peru should have played against Costa Rica at 10:00 am, but the match was changed in order to be the last one.

More than 4 matches has been stopped while the team were playing cuz of the leak in the roof. If I am not wrong, the tournment is being played in only one arena, and that's the main problem. Many argentinians players have complained in social network because of the lack of electricity and conditioned air.

Anyway, USA, Brazil, Canada and Dominican Republic has secured their berths to Pan American Games. The last ticket will be between Cuba, Colombia and Puerto Rico.

So far, Argentina has dissapointed me :wall: Ok, they lost almost all the matches in the VNL, but with the inclusion of Nizetich, they looked quite good against Serbia and USA. They miss Acosta and Sosa, however, I expected more from the other players...the match against Mexico was just terrible.

• same disappointment here about Argentina.
    They are now competing for places 9-12 which must be totally unexpected.
    Puerto Rico was close to another surprise when they were 2-1 up against the complete dominican team including Dela Cruz and Brenda Castillo, but, as usually, they choked at the end and lost 2-3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhasMiqxuRw

Tomorrow the semifinals look interesting:
    Dominican vs Brazil
    USA vs Canada.

• thanks for posting this link... just started watching...

the video quality is so low... and still fivb blocked the BRA x COL vid that was posted before... fivb, you stink...

i never talk about hair, but brenda's hair looks ridiculous... on the other hand, surprised to see pena with long hair.

did you ever think a day would come when brayelin would look short????

PUR is playing with some new players, never heard of neira ortiz (MB)... wow, with ortiz, hernandez, santos and santos-lamb, PUR looks really tall now...

• Melissa Vargas was banned from NT and cuban tournaments for 4 years. She got her shoulder injured in Czech Republic and had a surgery. It opened a diplomatic case with the federation ans she decided to play pro volleyball abroad.

• santos has a good connection with neira ortiz... where does ortiz play? i never heard of her...

DOM is playing without jineiry or eve, and it seems bethania is not playing either... maybe she's in the bench...

Neira Ortiz played in Peru last season, because there was no LVSF in 2018 (the country is still devasteted from the 2 hurricanes).

Previously she played for Capitalinas de San Juan, where in 2017 she was awarded as rising star and All-Star Team player.

Like many PR players, she played in the NCAA Division I with Colorado.