2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• RUS won a OG spot representing the European continent, they won a European continent spot.

again, WRONG. RUS won a spot for themselves, teams don't play in the world qualifiers for their continents. they didn't play for TUR or POL. RUS played for RUS.

and let's not forget how they almost lost AT HOME to KOR.

• RUS won a OG spot representing the European continent, they won a European continent spot. You can't just *drum rolls* that and replace it with a random Asian spot lmao (unless an Asian team would beat the Europeans in another tournament for the ticket) many people were talking about the OG rings, their main argument of not expanding European spots. Now nobody gives a f about the rings LOL!!

Anyways, lets see if Russia will be banned at all. Maybe their flag will be banned from OG only or someth like that.

Why "random Asian" team if Russia had to beat South Korea for the ticket and if they had lost that game, the ticket would go to South Korea... And why "European continent spot" if they didn't win in the Euro qualifies? I'm not picking a fight, i simply didn't understand your argument, maybe i my English is pranking me or i'm not remembering well what happened (or both)...

But in the end, i don't think that Russia will be banned either

• I'm dead!

I'm not saying Russia won a spot for the sake of all these teams no! I'm talking about the rings, the main argument for there not being more European teams, so actually referring to you guys' words. Russia is definitely representing the European continent in this ring; therefore saying giving that earned spot to a random Asian team that still wouldn't have been through the same process as the other teams is like you guys not being ok an African spot or American spot going to Europe under any circumstance. Hypocrisy.

• Ok.. so I hope that Russia won't be banned, because this forum will be really painful to follow if that happens :)

• I'm dead!

I'm not saying Russia won a spot for the sake of all these teams no! I'm talking about the rings, the main argument for there not being more European teams, so actually referring to you guys' words. Russia is definitely representing the European continent in this ring; therefore saying giving that earned spot to a random Asian team that still wouldn't have been through the same process as the other teams is like you guys not being ok an African spot or American spot going to Europe under any circumstance. Hypocrisy.

you're not dead, you just don't understand logic.

who said anything about rings or diversity? not me...

who said RUS's spot HAS to go to an asian team? NOBODY. some people said, it should go to the team that finished 2nd in that group. it could have been armenia or england, for all i care...

honestly, this whole discussion about european victimhood is pathetic.

i personally think IF RUS is banned, then fivb should get the best 6-8 countries not already qualified and have them play a tournament. the winner would probably be TUR or POL, because i don't think ARG, CAN, PUR, THA can beat them... i just object to this idea that RUS won an "european" spot and it is automatically owned by europe.

• How about Finland :super:

• LMAO, people here are mental, like wtf! Nobody said it had to an Asian country, the only reason they said Korea was because they finished second in that group! If Turkey was second in that group, it’d be Turkey! If it’s fair, that’s another discussion. Capisce? Comprende? It has nothing to do with diversity.

• I'm talking about the hypocrisy of ppl not bothering another Asian spot but riot when its an another European one lol and keep saying the same thing that the spot is not European owned. No shit. Once again I'm talking about the hypocrisy of some people. The hypocrisy, if I wasn't clear enough.

Europe are not the victims but clearly some people claiming to be unbiased with the African and American spots weren't so unbiased after all.

• LMAO, people here are mental, like wtf! Nobody said it had to an Asian country, the only reason they said Korea was because they finished second in that group! If Turkey was second in that group, it’d be Turkey! If it’s fair, that’s another discussion. Capisce? Comprende? It has nothing to do with diversity.

You're clearly referring to me. It is just a discussion about OG spots in a forum and I'm allowed to share my perspective calm ur titties. Stop acting like I have some form of mental disability for sharing it lol, that says more about your character then mine. You seem to really like playing the smartass in a volleyball forum, Idk what you're trying to prove and to who'm but I hope you have the same dedication with ur academics.

• My suggestion if this happens:

Redistribute the groups according to world ranking and have the play the qualifications again, starting all over :) that is the most fair. :gone::gone::gone:

• LMAO, people here are mental, like wtf! Nobody said it had to an Asian country, the only reason they said Korea was because they finished second in that group! If Turkey was second in that group, it’d be Turkey! If it’s fair, that’s another discussion. Capisce? Comprende? It has nothing to do

So according to your logic, Canada should get the spot if Korea would already qualify via Asian qualifications? Shitty argument

• It is not a detailed list of rules but it contains some rules about unused quota and rellocation quota rules but not for a specific situation like this.

http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…ion_system_Volleyball.pdf

In this document(rule F), it says tickets will be given to a country that placed the next highest ranking in the competition 'where the quota place was obtained.' Russia obtained the ticket in Intercontinental qualification pool E where South Korea placed the second, so the ticket should be given to Korea. It doesn't matter what continent they are located.

• And I think the decisions should be made before the continental qualifiers not to make any more disputes. We have much time before the continental qualification starts. If korea qualifies following that rule, then Korea doesn't have to participate to the asian qualifiers.

• Cute, but this isn't about any individual country, and you know it. The fact of the matter is, and despite that some have claimed differently, NONE and I mean NONE of the members here who claim that it doesn't matter from which continent the replacement is, if the qualified Asian (or South American) country would be facing the same disqualification that Russia is, would be okay, under any circumstances imaginable (yes, even the same scenario with intercontinental qualifications) that European team should take place of that team. They would ALL claim that a replacement should be from the same continent (or at least not from Europe), whether they would openly admit to it or not.

That, my friends, is called hypocrisy.

• Cute, but this isn't about any individual country, and you know it. The fact of the matter is, and despite that some have claimed differently, NONE and I mean NONE of the members here who claim that it doesn't matter from which continent the replacement is, if the qualified Asian (or South American) country would be facing the same disqualification that Russia is, would be okay, under any circumstances imaginable (yes, even the same scenario with intercontinental qualifications) that European team should take place of that team. They would ALL claim that a replacement should be from the same continent (or at least not from Europe), whether they would openly admit to it or not.

Thank you!! That's all I was trying to say here, maybe you worded it better.

I introduce you to proper syntax and periods, my friend.

let’s look at the facts, shall we?

Russia qualified via the INTERCONTINENTAL OQT whose rules say that the winner of the tournament gets an OG spot. Since Russia is on the brink of being banned, their slot should be given to the next placer of their pool which was set out by FIVB themselves. It doesn’t matter if the 2nd placer beat our freaking CHN or CAN. The fact remains that they’re next in line and should take their rightful spot as the next in line. If this banning risk happened to Korea in a situation where they won this tournament with Russia being 2nd, Russia should take their spot. NOT ANOTHER ASIAN CONTINENT BECAUSE FFS KOREA DIDN’T ENTER AS FREAKING ASIA. Goddamn, it’s simple logic.

There is no rule that says a DQed/banned country’s slot should be given to another country in their home continent. There is, however, one that says 2nd place winners in their qualifying tournaments would take their place in the event.

With this dilemma, the RUS issue should be resolved before the INTRACONTINENTAL OQTs as to not birth anymore complications.

Simple as that.

• Thanks, I was too tired to explain the obvious.

• again, WRONG. RUS won a spot for themselves, teams don't play in the world qualifiers for their continents. they didn't play for TUR or POL. RUS played for RUS.

and let's not forget how they almost lost AT HOME to KOR.

I cant believe how a simple thing like that can be misunderstood for so many people.

I bet if USA was banned, everybody would agree that the spot should belong to Bulgaria.