Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2018-2019

• What a difference a year makes. I found 2017 Intercollegiate Championship Match on the youtube.

Tsukuba 2–3 Aoyama Gakuen (25–14, 22–25, 25–16, 21–25, 12–15). Even though I knew the outcome I kept thinking Tsukuba was going to win it :rolll: They looked like the better team this time around.

On the Tsubuka side, my new love Haruka Maruo played traditional OP instead of MB. I wouldn't call her performance invisible but she wasn't the game changer she was in 2018. She played like a solid veteran and sunk enough 3-pointers to keep me happy :) Arisa Inoue (Hisamitsu) was the monster for Tsukuba. She looked powerful (in the context of university vb). Freshman setter Manami Mandai was there with her freshman hairstyle malfunction. It wasn't too bad but it resembled a racing helmet more than a hairdo, although it also foreshadowed her inner sexy cute/toughness the way it draped her jawbone. She also parlayed her Haruka Miyashita commitment to floor defense. Remember her name--Manami Mandai--she's got two years to go in college but then she will be a great pickup for a V.League team in need of a setter.

Speaking of setters, on the Aoyama Gakuen side Minami Higane (Hisamitsu) was calling the shots. I think of the Higane Sisters as little pipsqueaks but Minami looked big and in charge in this context. I hope she takes over at Hisamitsu, soon.

Dig this, though: Minami Higane got the MVP, but Manami Mandai got the Best Setter Award. Mark my words, and remember her name--although, honestly, given google translate realities, I could have her name wrong :rolll::rolll:

I was so looking forward to seeing Victorina Himeji's Queen of Adorableness, Kana Yoshioka, playing for Aoyama but I don't think she was even there. I could have missed her. These kids look so different from year to year, but I sussed her as #8 after about 30 hours of Internet research and didn't even see her around timeout huddles :( But even if she was there Okayama Smiler Mayu Oikawa was in command of the MB position. I love this historical context. Mayu Oikawa's ballroom entrance to the NoSmilers is explained :teach:

Aoyama was almost all seniors except for sophomore 170cm southpaw OP ... uhm ... "Fruit and Vegetables Miyashita" or Seihana Miyashita which translates as "It's because I'm fine", or 宮下 聖果. Whatever works. Great swinger.

Awards for 2017 (notice how many Tsukuba (6) won opposed to Aoyama (2))

Most Valuable Player Award: Minami Higani (Aoyama Gakuin University 4 years)

Fighting Spirit Player of the Year: Arisa Inoue (University of Tsukuba 4 years)

Best Scorer Award: Arisa Inoue (University of Tsukuba 4 years)

Spike Award: Shirasawa AkiraKaori (NIFS 2 years)

Block Award: KinoeMoeKaoru (University of Tsukuba 2 years) ???? on the name

Serve Award: Kawakami Hiyokona (University of Tsukuba 1 year) ???? on the name

Setter Award: Manami Mandai (University of Tsukuba 1 year)

Receive Award: Tsubokawa Natsuon (Aoyama Gakuin University 4 years) ???? on the name

Libero Award: Minori Wada (University of Tsukuba 4 years) Another good libero who I believe plays for PFU now.

◆女子個人表彰

最優秀選手賞: 比金みなみ選手(青山学院大学4年)

敢闘選手賞: 井上愛里沙選手(筑波大学4年)

ベストスコアラー賞:井上愛里沙選手(筑波大学4年)

スパイク賞: 白澤明香里選手(鹿屋体育大学2年)

ブロック賞: 甲萌香選手(筑波大学2年)

サーブ賞: 川上雛菜選手(筑波大学1年)

セッター賞: 万代真奈美選手(筑波大学1年)

レシーブ賞: 坪川夏音選手(青山学院大学4年)

リベロ賞: 和田実莉選手(筑波大学4年)

• Adding to our woes regarding what the 2019-2020 V.League schedule might be like, I just noticed the Empress' Cup is scheduled for the following spring --MARCH 25–29--, instead of the end of the year holiday break.

• "Resigning" News from PFU Source

07 Nanami Tani

08 Satoe Mitsuhashi Source

09 Rina Sho

10 Aimi Akiyami

Their Coach! Kato Director Yoichi. I'll miss his cool hair

That's an inside straight.

• Momoka Oda takes a bow from Toyota Source

Than Dear, Thank you for the warm your support to Toyota Auto Body Quincy's.

This time, Momoka Oda players have a "68th Kurowashiki All Japan Volleyball Tournament"

Since it was decided to retire voluntarily I would like your report.

ren-219x300.jpg

Oda players, joined the 2016 season. From November 2015, while prospective players greatly contributed as new forces, the team piled up Kachiboshi.

In the 2016/17 season, every race compete in the V · Premier League. Highly evaluated in offense and defense both, won the Best New Artist Award,

Also Empress Cup All-Japan Volleyball Championship win of 2017 and contributed.

Always playing style of our best stunned the everybody of many fans, I have loved.

• It slays me how this sophomore:

became this senior:

Haruka Maruo please come to the V.League :heart:

• This historical context thing is great. I've learned why Mayu Oikawa made a grand ballroom entrance to Okayama smiling ear to ear--many college awards, she was good!

I've learned why Kotona Hayashi showed up to JT Marvelous late in the previous Club season as a teenager out of nowhere and displaced the K-Sisters, and played the Finals instead of them--She was hot off winning MVP from her H.S. Championship with Kinrankai.

I just learned that the girl I picked out of random, Nao Horigome, to complain about bad Japanese photographers a few posts above, was the All-Japan High School Championship 2014/15 MVP (with Kinrankai, natch). Now she's with the Stylin' and Good Photographing Himeji team!

I'm happy with this added perspective :)

• Sinead Jack stays another year with Denso Airybees :drink:<3

Fer sure? I'd be very happy if true. She had great rapport with the team but wasn't the game changer she shoulda/woulda/coulda been. She barely our-performed local blockers. A second year will diminish her foreign middle blocker dork timing problem in attack, and she'll be wiser in the ways of blocking quick little pipsqueaks. Depending on who other teams pick up Sinéad could be the golden girl bringing Denso to the top. They need a libero, though.

Unfortunately, the big MB experiment this past season didn't bring good enough results, so other teams are more likely to go with big caucasian swingers upcoming :(

• Fer sure? I'd be very happy if true. She had great rapport with the team but wasn't the game changer she shoulda/woulda/coulda been. She barely our-performed local blockers. A second year will diminish her foreign middle blocker dork timing problem in attack, and she'll be wiser in the ways of blocking quick little pipsqueaks. Depending on who other teams pick up Sinéad could be the golden girl bringing Denso to the top. They need a libero, though.

Unfortunately, the big MB experiment this past season didn't bring good enough results, so other teams are more likely to go with big caucasian swingers upcoming :(

She is one of the best in the world imo but yes a bit of a slow mover, a 2nd season will do good for her and she can adapt more.

• 2019-2020 Conferences are determined:

Premier Conference
    Star Conference
    Hisamitsu Springs
    Toray Arrows
    Denso Airybees
    JT Marvelous
    NEC Red Rockets
    Toyota Body Queens
    Hitachi Rivale
    Saitama Ageo Medics
    Okayama Seagulls
    Kurobe AquaFairies
    Victorina Himeji
    PFU Blue Cats

grouping of each conference 2017/18 on the basis of the order of the season, V · Premier League 1 -position, 4 -position, 5 -position, 8 -position, V · Challenge League · Ⅰ 1 position, V1 of the promoted team 6 team 1 conference, V · Premier League 2 -position, 3 -position, 6 -position, 7 -position, V · Challenge League · ⅰ 2 -position, 3 -position of the 6 in the team 1 and conferences.

• Conference A looks crazy stronger.

I don’t know about “crazy stronger“, but qualification for the Final 8 in conference B is already set :whistle:

• Victorina will be stronger than Kurobe and PFU in my mind.

Hisamitsu already should win Conference A. This is of course with no new foreign players coming in at this time. Okayama could make the playoffs.

In Conference B, Toray is probably best right now. JT will need someone to replace Branicka. Toyota will be competitive as well.

• Anyone knows if Suelle will stay in Himeji?

• Anyone knows if Suelle will stay in Himeji?

I think not. There was this:

https://www.victorina-vc.jp/s/HV/news/detail/10248?ima=5037

• it would be so cool to see how good Hisamitsu, JT, and Toray are without foreigners. But I won’t hold my breath.

• it would be so cool to see how good Hisamitsu, JT, and Toray are without foreigners. But I won’t hold my breath.

I think it will be a good challenge for those team but high expectations that they can still win.

Lot of players are retiring ang transfering other teams. It will be interesting for JT marvelous without mihajlovic we all know 70%of the balls are going to her and they need to replace her with at least same or even better than her. Same with Hisamitsu without akinradewo.