Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• Wasn't able to watch the match but Kazan won Game 3, 3-0 and will have to play G4 already tomorrow.. If Kuzbass want to secure gold, tomorrow will be their best chance as returning to Kazan for G5 will definitely turn the favor to Alekno and co..

• Wasn't able to watch the match but Kazan won Game 3, 3-0 and will have to play G4 already tomorrow.. If Kuzbass want to secure gold, tomorrow will be their best chance as returning to Kazan for G5 will definitely turn the favor to Alekno and co..

Kazan's blocking and serves improved a lot in game 3. Kuzbass also made too many unforced errors. Butko passed many balls to pos 3 for Volvich, which was very effective.

Yes, I agree the game 4 is crucial. If Kuzbass loses again, the momentum is on Kazan's side.

• Kuzbass is the new champion of the SL Russian

Yaroslav :obey:

• Young legends. :heart:

I couldn't even believe that three of those Kuzbass players are rejects of Belogorie and Kazan. To be fair with Zenit, Poletaev and Kobzar needed playing time and they could never get that against Mikhailov and Butko but Podlesnykh is a missed opportunity and will forever be for Belogorie.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• After this win, I think it's safe to say that Poletaev-Kobzar will be the de facto starters in NT in the absence of Mikhaylov and Butko.. and Podlesnykh just gave himself a free ticket in NT after his performance :heart:

• What's his IG handle? :sos:

It's his name. @yaroslav_podlesnykh

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• After this win, I think it's safe to say that Poletaev-Kobzar will be the de facto starters in NT in the absence of Mikhaylov and Butko.. and Podlesnykh just gave himself a free ticket in NT after his performance :heart:

I remember when Kozbar, coming off the bench, saved Zenit-Kazan in a Champions League final. He has always been very talented. I like him and I'd pick him as starter for NT too, when Butko is not available.

• Poletaev I'm so happy for him, he is back to playing in his pre-injury form circa 2016. And more importantly, finally stepping out of Maxim's shadow hope he could get more playing time in VNL and be the team's main opp I think he deserves it :drink:

• Congrats to this young and very talented Kuzbass team! This is perhaps the biggest upset in all major leagues this year, so people should talk more about their achievement, it's a result that should not be overlooked. I would even say this is the most shocking Russian champion since, maybe, Luzhniki Moscow in 2001. Also, credits to Tuomas Sammelvuo who developed the Kuzbass project and brought it to glory! I made a statement earlier this year about his overall qualities as a coach (that it is yet too early to judge and that he lacked major success), now this is a huge milestone in his coaching career and CV.

• Where will Polataev play next season?

If they are going to use Maxim as OH, why wouldn’t they use Polataev as OPP? They went and transferred choker Sokolov.

After the win, I don't see a reason Poletaev will transfer to another club anytime soon.. AFAIK, he was trasferred to Kuzbass as loan from Kazan but maybe his contract with Kazan expired

Exactly Kazan is hitting itself in the foot right now with Poletaev, they could have Maxim/Viktor duo in club and in NT but Sokolov is no pushover as well. So we'll see next season if this transfer pays off.

• Kazan just won Russian Cup beating Zenit St. Petersburg in straight sets. After all the setbacks this season, this is a welcome change. Admittedly, I am curious if Kazan was able to beat Kuzbass in SF if Poletaev had played. But it is what is is.

Didn't get to understand which award went to but Mikhaylov was awarded last and as MVP. This was not the most convincing season for Maxim, but the award is deserved nonetheless.

• Kazan just won Russian Cup beating Zenit St. Petersburg in straight sets. After all the setbacks this season, this is a welcome change. Admittedly, I am curious if Kazan was able to beat Kuzbass in SF if Poletaev had played. But it is what is is.

Didn't get to understand which award went to but Mikhaylov was awarded last and as MVP. This was not the most convincing season for Maxim, but the award is deserved nonetheless.

I watched the final. Petersburg simply got crushed by their poor reception. After Sivo left, Petersburg's back row was too weak. Camejo, Divis and Ursov plus libero Evgeny, all struggled on receiving end. They averagely had 34% on reception in final, while Kazan had 57%.

Grozer, the most impoartant attacker for Petersburg, also choked in final.

Maxim is not comfortable with pos 4 so far this season. So he will go back to pos 2 next season according to rumors. Sokolov might go back to Italy league. I don't like NG, but it seems he may stay. It's hard to find a solid top-class OH nowadays.

• Maxim is not comfortable with pos 4 so far this season. So he will go back to pos 2 next season according to rumors. Sokolov might go back to Italy league. I don't like NG, but it seems he may stay. It's hard to find a solid top-class OH nowadays.

So Soko only had 1 year contract with Zenit? I agree with you Maxim is such an average OH but he is one of the best in his position if he is playing opposite

• So Soko only had 1 year contract with Zenit? I agree with you Maxim is such an average OH but he is one of the best in his position if he is playing opposite

AFAIK, yes, Soko only signed one year contract with Kazan. And from the latest news, it looks like NG will leave Kazan as well. NG does not like his role in Kazan, while Kazan's admin group don't like NG's performance as well.