2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Poland playing some scrappy defense

• Poland's really got Japan's number when it comes to closing out sets

• Stenzel and Nowicka are really good today, but Julia needs to improve her connection with middles :heart:

And shouldn't play so much to zone 4. It might be enough for Japan but not for Dominican Republic.

• Wait. What?

• Oh, okay. Let

• If we consider 2/10 in attack as a good performance then I am done (she had some nice saves though)...:what: Nowicka and Mędrzyk were pretty good

:lol: exactly. Also her poor reception gave such big lead to Japan at the beginning of 1st set.

She started to play quite decent from 2nd set. But still her first touch leads first action into poor solutions.

Nowicka makes me headache setting everything to Smarzek.

• Usually 18-14 feels pretty good. But. Damn you Poland :rolll:

• Could you imagine how good Japan would do if the had at least 3 taller terminating hitters/blockers. With their serving, defense and passing they would have a top team.

lol they wouldn't be defending like this if they had 3 tall hitters:lol:

• Nowicka makes me headache setting everything to Smarzek.

Kinda gives Japan a headache too, though

• :lol: exactly. Also her poor reception gave such big lead to Japan at the beginning of 1st set.

She started to play quite decent from 2nd set. But still her first touch leads first action into poor solutions.

Nowicka makes me headache setting everything to Smarzek.

Do you remember how Nawrocki was yelling at Nowicka during the last edition of VNL, when Nowicka was playing against Dominican Republic ? It was something like this: ' Play to Malwina !!!!!!!!!!! I thaught Marlena to play to Malwina ! I will learn you either!!! '

• I asked this once before: who gives the serve signal? Everybody said the coach. But you could see Yuki Ishii looking past Nakata there

• Do you remember how Nawrocki was yelling at Nowicka during the last edition of VNL, when Nowicka was playing against Dominican Republic ? It was something like this: ' Play to Malwina !!!!!!!!!!! I thaught Marlena to play to Malwina ! I will learn you either!!! '

I didn't watch this game too carefully. This coach is ridiculous. He, his reactions, subbs and Grajber are the same level.

I can;t believe what Witkowska is going on the court. Maybe Alagierska wasn't too productive, but she was not so defective as Witkowska is.

• Poland is such a thorn in Japan's side these days

• Roster of the Netherlands in the fifth week:

S: Dijkema and Bongaerts.

OP: Sloëtjes.

OH: Daalderop, Balkestein-Grothues, Buijs, Plak and M. Jasper.

MB: de Kruijf, Beliën, Lohuis and Koolhaas.

L: Schoot and Knip.

De Kruijf finally back in the orange jersey!^^