FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• Speaking of setters, I don't see much of a gap between Yeum Hye Seon and Lee Dayeong. I think Yeum is doing great. Others who watch them more carefully than I do may disagree

I think Hye Seon has great connection with MBs well while Dayeong use pipe attack well and good at blocking. Interesting fact: both used to be in the same club till 16-17 season but with Hye Seon as main and Dayeong as backup

• It's obvious what Nakada wants in her setter. She wants an attacking type. Tominaga and Tashiro are very aggressive and considering Japan's lack of firepower, an attacking setter remedies every bit of their problems. Docile setters like Sato and Miyashita are fighting for their spots because defensive is not enough in modern volleyball

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Hye Seon has great connection with MBs well while Dayeong use pipe attack well and good at blocking. Interesting fact: both used to be in the same club till 16-17 season but with Hye Seon as main and Dayeong as backup

But nowadays Lee Dae-yeong is clearly the main setter while Yeum Hye-seon is the second man.

So does it mean that LDY is the better setter for the team today? Well, must be so :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It's obvious what Nakada wants in her setter. She wants an attacking type. Tominaga and Tashiro are very aggressive and considering Japan's lack of firepower, an attacking setter remedies every bit of their problems. Docile setters like Sato and Miyashita are fighting for their spots because defensive is not enough in modern volleyball

Just like a battlefield, all talks about the ample of ammunition (offensive setter etc) but lacks of big guns (strong attackers), it just won't work well in battle of essence.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The South Korean team has reasonable chance to top the Japanese team in this World Cup with 4-point lead and one remaining match less.

Next 2 matches: KOR v BRA and KOR v USA;

Next 3 matches: JPN v SRB; JPN v ARG and JPN v NED ==> If JPN beat SRB, KOR very most likely remains lower

Last time the KOR team ended up higher than JPN in the World Cup was precisely 20 years ago!

• Ding Xia is both aggressive and defensive which is why I like her! :dance6:

Ding Xia has fighting spirits. Some Chinese fans call her "Ding OPP" because she likes to attack. :lol:

Sometimes her setting is not stable, but overall, she's a good setter.

Ognjenovic, Ding and Wolosz are three of my favorite active setters.

Why didn't she bring Tominaga and Tashiro then? :aww: Do you think she works with Sato and Miyashita on being aggressive and then they just lose the willpower during game time? Still a mystery why Tashiro is not here. I was very surprised by that. Was it her choice or Nakada's? We don't know

• Ding Xia has fighting spirits. Some Chinese fans call her "Ding OPP" because she likes to attack. :lol:

Sometimes her setting is not stable, but overall, she's a good setter.

Ognjenovic, Ding and Wolosz are three of my favorite active setters.

I remember the match last season where Ding Xia was set multiple times and scored. :heart:

• I think Japan's best performance under Nakada was at last year's WCH. That was with Tashiro. And Yuki Ishii off the bench. This show is a regression from that.

• I think Japan's best performance under Nakada was at last year's WCH. That was with Tashiro. And Yuki Ishii off the bench. This show is a regression from that.

Don't you think that the pool allocation in WCH played an important factor there?

I like the World Cup for its single round robin format makes no escape for each team....every one must see the other one... there's no such luck of draw, just cannot evade, cannot hide behind the pool... only by winning against all a team can ensure it's top position!

• Why didn't she bring Tominaga and Tashiro then? :aww: Do you think she works with Sato and Miyashita on being aggressive and then they just lose the willpower during game time? Still a mystery why Tashiro is not here. I was very surprised by that. Was it her choice or Nakada's? We don't know

World Cup without the qualification is just not really that important even with the world ranking points. What's there to care for when you're already the host or your team's tokyo bound? Serbia is the world number 1 and they aren't even desperate to defend it one bit.

I think Japan's best performance under Nakada was at last year's WCH. That was with Tashiro. And Yuki Ishii off the bench. This show is a regression from that.

You think Japan will improve under another coach? Japan just have to suck it up. Even a more talented Brazil is struggling in this tournament.

Japan just didn't have a good schedule. They're used to weak early matches when they're the host. That's how they rack up wins and build confidence in the past while they scout the other teams to full effect.

I don't know why Nakada let this happen though. Maybe because she doesn't think World Cup is not important just like the rest of the world besides China and USA?:gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Don't you think that the pool allocation in WCH played an important factor there?

I like the World Cup for its single round robin format makes no escape for each team....every one must see the other one... there's no such luck of draw, just cannot evade, cannot hide behind the pool... only by winning against all a team can ensure it's top position!

we want to dig this up again? :S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

• You think Japan will improve under another coach?

After watching the performance of the U20 squad this summer, yes.

• After watching the performance of the U20 squad this summer, yes.

U20 really? You must be joking? When most of the best senior teams just graduated from that age division? :gone:

#FreeBritney

• I didn't see who it was but ARG just had a play where someone was tasked with skyballing third contact, and it went up, but not over the net. I feel bad when that happens, after a quick chuckle.

• U20 really? You must be joking? When most of the best senior teams just graduated from that age division? :gone:

I don't think they are more talented, but they played with a unity that is missing from the seniors. I think the coach contributed to that.

• Can the team of pretty just gets one set from the Caribbean queens? One set please... at least

Does anyone here recognize the beauty of Nizetich (sounds like a German name)? :wavy: