Montreux Volley Masters 2019

• sitenoise can you tell me more about Kurogo (her team, perfs. etc)

I haven't seen her a lot in NT if I remember correct, a youngster? I think she's got those heavy hitting arms.

I haven't seen her a lot in NT if I remember correct, a youngster? I think she's got those heavy hitting arms.

Her breakout was last year's VNL. She plays for Toray Arrows. She's a local fan favorite, did really well in H.S., which is important in Japan building a reputation. Many describe her as the new Saori

• So this is the 2nd time this century Japan has beaten China in a FIVB related event?

Nanami Seki should be proud! :rose:

Thought I'd add, she joined Toray 2017-02-10 after having won her HS championship. She didn't play a lot until the two Saoris retired from Toray. I declared her entirely NOT ready for the big time at the start of last year's VNL. She had some problems, and Yuki had to bail her out a few times, but it was undeniably a breakout tournament for her. Same thing in WCh.

Last season for Toray she received almost every ball served to the team. It was nuts. She's maybe mid to high 50%. but the quantity makes up for it. :)

A few of us commented when she showed up that she wasn't typical Japanese skinny weakling. She also almost perfectly emulates Saori's quick flat serve.

• Thought I'd add, she joined Toray 2017-02-10 after having won her HS championship. She didn't play a lot until the two Saoris retired from Toray. I declared her entirely NOT ready for the big time at the start of last year's VNL. She had some problems, and Yuki had to bail her out a few times, but it was undeniably a breakout tournament for her. Same thing in WCh.

Last season for Toray she received almost every ball served to the team. It was nuts. She's maybe mid to high 50%. but the quantity makes up for it. :)

A few of us commented when she showed up that she wasn't typical Japanese skinny weakling. She also almost perfectly emulates Saori's quick flat serve.

Thanks!

• how you guys can watch every game:what: I dont have so much time, I just check statistics and that's it. I'm too jealous people who have so much time to watch every game;(

Personally, I work from home and decide my own hours so I can always watch a game ^^

Sorry lol

• Altinli ... I said "Hi" to you over at volleybox :) I think it's you

• So this is the 2nd time this century Japan has beaten China in a FIVB related event?

Nanami Seki should be proud! :rose:

Japan beat them at the 2012 Olympics and the 2014 WGP Finals. :)

• link italy x thailand?

probably, and https://live-stream365.com/sport/volleyball.php seems to be broadcasting the matches

• Its always great to watch Japan's game. Their technique and ball control are simply amazing.

yeah, I've been known to enjoy a Japanese match or two :)

• I'm not familiar with #9 Wanitchaya Luangtonglang the OP for Thailand. I see she's born in 1992. Is she a vet come back? Or someone new?